Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

My philosophy is pizza every night.

How to make a pizza dough
4 cups flour
Teaspoon salt
Tablespoon yeast
2 cups warm (not hot) water

Mix flour and salt in food processor with dough blade
Mix yeast with one cup of water, pour into food processor while mixing flour. Slowly add more water until dough is damp, but not wet, usually another 0.5 cups. Place dough into bowl or pot wiped on the inside with olive oil. Cover and let rise 3+ hours. Makes enough dough for 2 pizzas.

Dough can be frozen before rising, pull out in morning and it will be ready by dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

How to make a pizza

Requirements:
Pizza dough
Semolina flour
Oven
Pizza stone
2 pizza peels (big spatula things for putting pizza in and out of oven. I prefer one wood and one metal)
Grated mozzarella cheese
Marinera sauce
Toppings

Preheat oven with pizza stone as hot as you can make it, probably at least a half hour.

Spead a handful of semolina on the wooden peel. Take a half dough and spread it out on the peel. Cover it with more semolina, an flip it a couple of times. You want to make sure the dough can slide off the peel. The semolina acts as a dry lubricant. Wet doughs will stick to the peel and you will gently caress up putting them in the oven.

When the dough is spread out on the peel, put on the toppings. I start with Marinera sauce, then whetever im adding, and finish with the cheese. I find that putting cheese under the toppings makes it too hard to cook.

Use the peel to place the dough on the pizza stone in the oven. You're gonna mess this up a few times. Deal with it. Cook until cheese is bubbly. Use the thin metal peel to pull pizza out of oven.

Eat it hot like the goon you are.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Space cash posted:

Is there like a major store that carries peels? I have never seen one but have mastered moving raw dough to the pizza stone

Amazon has all kinds.

• Locked thread