Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

as someone who lives in the pizza belt, lol @ frozen pizzas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Greyhawk posted:

maybe it's like what Dr. Oetker in Germany calls an "American Pizza", which is a monstrosity no one in the US has ever heard of, being a deep dish style pizza gone all wrong. Think 1,5 to 2 cm of spongy dough with some barbeque sauce slathered on top and sprinkled with a thinly sliced hot dog.

add ketchup and pineapple and this is a perfect pizza

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Nick Rivers posted:

I like pizza.

hi five 'zabro :hf:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
dr oetker clearly paid op off for this thread and you all fell for it lol

but their spinach pizza is pretty good

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rambling Robot posted:

it's dr. oetker .

some of the fake doctor's food is amazing, some is terrible.

btw, the oetker family are billionaires.

okay

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php posted:

btw who here puts spicy oil on their pizzas? i do because i think its really good + theres no reason to not always have a bottle of spicy oil on hand

per sonally i cant even eat food w/o slathering everything in some obscure hot sauce nobody has ever heard of??

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

per sonally i cant even eat food w/o slathering everything in some obscure hot sauce nobody has ever heard of??

its "obscure" because you dont buy it in a store, you just cut open some peppers and stuff them in an olive oil bottle. ive never seen an italian restaurant (as in actual restaurent not a chain) that doesnt put it on the table

i cant believe i have to explain this

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

basically flavor and smells dissolve not only in water, but generally even better in fat, oil and alcohol

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Do it ironically posted:

you live in fuckign calgary you retard there are more than 50 independent pizza places, most good, you are literally the worst poster on the forums go kill yourself tia

Tell me one that's good and delivers to downtown and I will try it. The only one near me that I liked at all after trying it gave me the raging shits for two days one time, so I won't be going back there.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php posted:

its "obscure" because you dont buy it in a store, you just cut open some peppers and stuff them in an olive oil bottle. ive never seen an italian restaurant (as in actual restaurent not a chain) that doesnt put it on the table

hmm yes only real pizza has this stuff on it i can't believe i have to explain this to you goons

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

newreply.php posted:

what happens if you put a whole pizza in the oil does it make pizza oil

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Bolian Blues posted:

what happens if you put a whole pizza in the oil does it make pizza oil

Yes

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Robo Reagan posted:

hmm yes only real pizza has this stuff on it i can't believe i have to explain this to you goons

no it doesnt. otherwise they wouldnt need to give you the bottle. its a choice and some people like it (me)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the trader joes brand is pretty good.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010

Greyhawk posted:

maybe it's like what Dr. Oetker in Germany calls an "American Pizza", which is a monstrosity no one in the US has ever heard of, being a deep dish style pizza gone all wrong. Think 1,5 to 2 cm of spongy dough with some barbeque sauce slathered on top and sprinkled with a thinly sliced hot dog.

jesus christ that might be worse than the corn and mayo ones

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
my guess is its not meant to resemble any american style pizza and they just use "american" to mean "terrible"

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Evil_Greven posted:

American pizza-making has gotten kinda lovely.

Pepperoni is paper-thin everywhere and not cooked to nearly a crisp.

The crust is thick as gently caress and represents most of the weight and content.

They even gently caress up "canadian bacon" somehow.

Someone save us from this culinary catastrophe.

Is Panago an American thing?

'Cause panago still does thick pepperoni and thinner crusts. You can choose 'em with their whole online pizza ordering thing.

Their grilled veggie + goat cheese is really good btw.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Apparently Oetekr was a literla nazi or some poo poo. Its why i support them

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Nick Rivers posted:

I like pizza.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

PT6A posted:

Tell me one that's good and delivers to downtown and I will try it. The only one near me that I liked at all after trying it gave me the raging shits for two days one time, so I won't be going back there.

Vogglio's, Pizza Bob's, Lorenzo's. If you're willing to go pick up, Gaga on 12th is fantastic. There are shitloads of great pizza places in this city.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
slow pan on a sign that says "criticsl disease ward" at a very solemn and serious looking hospital. doctors and nurses walk the halls with gaunt, haunted expressions on there faces, from all the death theyve seen . sometimes they call wotking at this ward. "the graveyard shift" not because of its late hours, but bc of the inevitability of death that surrounds it.

the scene takes place in a patients room, their heart monitor a constant beeping in the background

patient: but dr... this precsription is for ...,...pizza??????????

doctor: yes thats right patient , u have terminal hungryness and this is the only cure

the dr and patient embrace for a long time, and patient sobs into the drs chest knowing that his life will not be lost this day and he will live to see his sons birth

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

Apizzaings starring Robin Wil..owai

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
dr oataker i will accept a chevk for 1 millions dollar usd for this commercial idea. yw

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
patient: nurse... this isnt a bed pan like i ordered... its a personal pan pizza??

nurse: thats right patient u are holding in ur hands the life saving cure for ur disease that brought u to this hospital and that cure is delicious frozen pizza

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i wouldnt mind sitting in piss if i was having a dr oetker pizza

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Dr. Witherbone posted:

Is Panago an American thing?

'Cause panago still does thick pepperoni and thinner crusts. You can choose 'em with their whole online pizza ordering thing.

Their grilled veggie + goat cheese is really good btw.
Looks like purely a Canadian thing.

The only pizza I've had recently that is pretty good is from Top That! Pizza - it's basically like a sub shop but for pizza.

Oh, and extra meat toppings isn't extra $ like Subway which is pretty awesome.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 14, 2014

recoverytrouble
Jan 28, 2008

Funghi

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Gbs pizza thread.

Does the Doctor have a pineapple option?

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

redshirt posted:

Gbs pizza thread.

Does the Doctor have a pineapple option?

Not to my knowledge, sorry :(

I think I have seen some hot frozen 'zas that were Hawaiian, though.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
finally the one thread i truly care about has been resurrected

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

awww yiss it's a pineapple derail

fruit does not belong on pizza :colbert:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

why is a doctor making frozen pizzas?

Adbot