Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i'm a super goya-jin :ssj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

im a goy gay guy

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Serious observation about the Jewish:
I grew up in Oregon, going to alternative schools. A lot of my classmates were Jewish. They were all nerdy, down-to-earth, and socially conscious. When I first encountered the J.A.P. stereotype, and the general New York Jew stereotype about Jews being greedy/conceited/materialistic/etc., I was confused because all the Jews I knew were the type who wore thrift store sweaters, wrote poetry, and were the leader of the high school Amnesty International chapter.

Basically what I am saying is everything from the East Coast sucks, besides the pizza.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm learning so much. Thank you all.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

Sincere question: Is there any Jewish tradition of giving thanks or otherwise acknowledging the Persian Emperor who freed the Jews from Babylon?

lol at jews ever celebrating a non-jew

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

glowing-fish posted:

Serious observation about the Jewish:
I grew up in Oregon, going to alternative schools. A lot of my classmates were Jewish. They were all nerdy, down-to-earth, and socially conscious. When I first encountered the J.A.P. stereotype, and the general New York Jew stereotype about Jews being greedy/conceited/materialistic/etc., I was confused because all the Jews I knew were the type who wore thrift store sweaters, wrote poetry, and were the leader of the high school Amnesty International chapter.
Yeah right here these are the Jews who are all my best friends.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Ultra-Orthodox Shun Their Own for Reporting Child Sexual Abuse

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Parallax Scroll posted:

hosed up if true

I'm afraid it is. Ever seen a Jewish table dancer? There you go.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

"oy vey" means "I'm gay" in Jewish

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Don't Jews sweat at the sight of gold?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Phlegmish posted:

did you know jews have to follow 613 commandments, however they have come up with tricks and exploits to circumvent all of them

also god actually appreciates their rules lawyering and a lot of the jews i grew up with found law school to be a breeze because theyve been doing that poo poo for years

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

also god actually appreciates their rules lawyering and a lot of the jews i grew up with found law school to be a breeze because theyve been doing that poo poo for years

I always took the rules lawyering to mean Jews think they're so superior that they treat their own deity like a dumb goyim

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Yaldabaoth posted:

I always took the rules lawyering to mean Jews think they're so superior that they treat their own deity like a dumb goyim

talmudic hermeneutics

Also the whole 'chosen people' deal is supposed to be a point of responsibility not superiority... like "Oh poo poo it would be handy if i had a bunch of these humans running all this poo poo, okay those ones will do. But i better make sure they don't get arrogant about it so i'll have them cut their dicks up first"

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sire Oblivion posted:

Don't Jews sweat at the sight of gold?

Most posters have managed to be funny without resorting to anti-Semitic stereotypes, but I guess that was too difficult for you. You didn't even manage the funny part.

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

therattle posted:

Most posters have managed to be funny

youre really really dim

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Sire Oblivion posted:

Don't anti-semites sweat at the sight of jews?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Quickscope420dad posted:

Also the whole 'chosen people' deal is supposed to be a point of responsibility not superiority... like "Oh poo poo it would be handy if i had a bunch of these humans running all this poo poo, okay those ones will do. But i better make sure they don't get arrogant about it so i'll have them cut their dicks up first"

That's how I always saw it, it's nice to know my interpretation was the right one all along

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Jew Fact: in 1982 Israel "Aka the jewish state" invaded Lebanon to depose its current regime an install a puppet pro-western dictator, killing tens of thousands of civilians in the process and throwing lebanon into three decades of political turmoil.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Quickscope420dad posted:

talmudic hermeneutics

it's both actually.

the 'chosen' (actually the correct translation would be 'the virtuous people', sgula does not translate to 'choseness' it translates to 'a unique virtue') both had to follow more strict rules but they are also superior to the nations and enjoy all sorts of spiritual benefits and divine boons.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

emanresu tnuocca posted:

it's both actually.

the 'chosen' (actually the correct translation would be 'the virtuous people', sgula does not translate to 'choseness' it translates to 'a unique virtue') both had to follow more strict rules but they are also superior to the nations and enjoy all sorts of spiritual benefits and divine boons.

basically the responsibility thing is just some bullshit they say to try and distract from the fact that they think everyone else is subhuman

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Jew Fact: judaism in fact is a proselytizing religion, it was only during the diaspora when christian and muslim regimes prevented jews from converting gentiles into the flock, in ancient times jews had no problem with mass conversions, as is made apparent in the torah in the very story of jacob's covenant where everyone who was travelling with him (including the 'gerim', i.e non-hebrews) were considered henceforth to be people of the covenant.

pretending judaism was a closed-off ethno-religious club is a thing jews do now to pretend they're all commonly descendants of the ancient judeans

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm Jewish but I don't practice.

How hosed up is that.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Cream_Filling posted:

basically the responsibility thing is just some bullshit they say to try and distract from the fact that they think everyone else is subhuman

If that were true wouldn't it be "sub-jew" rather than "sub human"

holy poo poo the whole world has been sub(j)due(w)d

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Quickscope420dad posted:

If that were true wouldn't it be "sub-jew" rather than "sub human"

holy poo poo the whole world has been sub(j)due(w)d

for jews theres no distinction between the two

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

some jews are funny

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Viridiant posted:

I'm Jewish but I don't practice.

How hosed up is that.

why not just get baptized be done with it then.

if you're a jew and an atheist you're a jewish atheist, get baptized and you're just an atheist plus you're no longer excluded on christmas and can sing cool hymns in the church every sunday.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
plus most modern jewish nepotism is more ethnic/family than religious in character so you can probably still work in hollywood or nyc

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
cool facts, practicing jews recite every morning three verses that thank god for not making them a woman, a slave or a gentile

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they pray 5 times a day to mecca

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Jews are a group of people, but some people don't like this

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
cool fact, jews did in fact try christ and had the romans execute him but when confronted with that fact they're all like "lol yeah but you see we condemned tons of people to death back in the day, it's not like christ was 'special' in any way ha ha"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
cool fact, Christianity and Modern Judaism have both originated from ancient judaism, which was already split into several sects during the time of christ, modern judaism is derived from Perushim judaism while at the time the Sedducean variety was actually the most prominent among judeans. Christ's teachings had very little to do with either sect and were based on the actual scripture of the torah and the prophets and thus it is more accurate to say that modern talmudic judaism and christiniaty share a common religious ancestory rather than the common and faulty narrative of "christianity is derived from judaism".

christ is in fact the most important jew who's ever lived, judaism has no primacy over Christianity.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

cool fact, Christianity and Modern Judaism have both originated from ancient judaism, which was already split into several sects during the time of christ, modern judaism is derived from Perushim judaism while at the time the Sedducean variety was actually the most prominent among judeans. Christ's teachings had very little to do with either sect and were based on the actual scripture of the torah and the prophets and thus it is more accurate to say that modern talmudic judaism and christiniaty share a common religious ancestory rather than the common and faulty narrative of "christianity is derived from judaism".

christ is in fact the most important jew who's ever lived, judaism has no primacy over Christianity.

oy vey

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
cool fact, christian zionism and the belief that god promised the holy land to the jews is a theological aberration that goes against the new testament and two milennias of christian writing. christians have always considered themselves to be 'the seed of israel' and have considered 'the promised land' to be a spiritual state. One of the names considered for the united states by the founding fathers was 'new israel'. there's no theological support for the concept of zionism, and particularly not of the 'greater israel' variety, in the christian faith.

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012
Cool fact: The only real Jews are the Black Hebrew Israelites. The so-called white people are demonic Edomites worthy only of slavery and death.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

emanresu tnuocca posted:

cool facts, practicing jews recite every morning three verses that thank god for not making them a woman, a slave or a gentile

Jews are like the ultimate white people except they're not really white and this drives them insane with insecurity to the point where they're dropping white phosphorus on non-white people to reassure themselves they're not like them

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
You all have me kvetching.

(don't stop)

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

I live in Australia and know little of these 'Jews' you speak of.

are they hiding like Predator? - Predator Jews!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

emanresu tnuocca posted:

cool fact, christian zionism and the belief that god promised the holy land to the jews is a theological aberration that goes against the new testament and two milennias of christian writing. christians have always considered themselves to be 'the seed of israel' and have considered 'the promised land' to be a spiritual state. One of the names considered for the united states by the founding fathers was 'new israel'. there's no theological support for the concept of zionism, and particularly not of the 'greater israel' variety, in the christian faith.

truth bombs itt

• Locked thread