Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
New Batmobile?
It sucks
It rocks
Don't Care
Robin
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

So this is the new Batmobile from the upcoming atrocity Batman versus Superman: Quest for Justice and the moment I saw it I hated it with the passion of a million Kryptonian suns. Batman hates guns - why are they so prominent here? And Batman is a detective, not an American Special Forces wet dream.

So angry right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i m gay

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hmm, are those Twilight vampire rules?

Augustin Iturbide
Jun 4, 2012
car has a double dick of guns

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
nolanverse turned batman into a guy who basically just kills ppl and his detective work is large-scale wiretapping

much better imo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

redshirt posted:

So this is the new Batmobile from the upcoming atrocity Batman versus Superman: Quest for Justice and the moment I saw it I hated it with the passion of a million Kryptonian suns. Batman hates guns - why are they so prominent here? And Batman is a detective, not an American Special Forces wet dream.

So angry right now.
didn't the last few batman movies turn the batmobile into basically a tank destroyer?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/random-generator

godspeed

edit:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Comic books are dumb. The movies are less dumb, but that's like saying piss tastes better then poo poo, you wouldn't want either one in your mouth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Broenheim posted:

Comic books are dumb. The movies are less dumb, but that's like saying piss tastes better then poo poo, you wouldn't want either one in your mouth.

gently caress you man. Comic book movies are way loving better than "Rom-Coms" or dramas or chick flicks or kids flicks and that means better than like 80% of all movies. Fact.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Broenheim posted:

hey hey dont talk for everyone pal

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

redshirt posted:

gently caress you man. Comic book movies are way loving better than "Rom-Coms" or dramas or chick flicks or kids flicks and that means better than like 80% of all movies. Fact.
counterpoint: Mr. Nanny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

counterpoint: Mr. Nanny

Counterpoint: Electra

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

As far as movies about people getting punched in the face go, the Nolan Batmen weren't bad.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

redshirt posted:

Counterpoint: Electra

look we can go back an forth about lovely terrible movies but no ones pissing on my face far as i can tell

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

As far as movies about people getting punched in the face go, the Nolan Batmen weren't bad.

I love all 3 of them, a lot.

This new Batman is another reboot, so might have nothing to do at all with Nolan Batman.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Wolverine is killed the next movie "shh spoilers"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shiksa posted:

look we can go back an forth about lovely terrible movies but no ones pissing on my face far as i can tell

Electra is one of the few chick comic book movies. For that alone it deserves our praise.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

redshirt posted:

Electra is one of the few chick comic book movies. For that alone it deserves our praise.

Storm from xmen is the better one

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ColdReaches posted:

Storm from xmen is the better one

Storm will never ever in a million years have a movie - in theaters.

How many have there been? There was Catwoman, maybe a Supergirl movie in the 80's. That's it, right?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

redshirt posted:

right?

This makes me sad.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ColdReaches posted:

This makes me sad.

Storm has been the worst character translated from the comics to the movies.

In the comics she's awesome, and often the leader of the X-Men.

In the movies, she's background noise and her powers are kinda lame.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

redshirt posted:

Hmm, are those Twilight vampire rules?
Yeah, probably.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
not interested unless it can drive on walls

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

redshirt posted:

How many have there been? There was Catwoman, maybe a Supergirl movie in the 80's. That's it, right?
I heard they've been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie made for decades but the studio heads would much rather just sword-fight with each other's dicks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Action Yak Police posted:

I heard they've been trying to get a Wonder Woman movie made for decades but the studio heads would much rather just sword-fight with each other's dicks.

My Master Joss Whedon had a serious go of it pre Avengers, but even he was shut down by the studio.

I bet he could get it made now, but it would be way, way better to get a solo Kitty Pryde movie instead.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cubone posted:

not interested unless it can drive on walls

No Batmobile can. The batwing in TDK was the truest batmobile.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a hole-y ghost posted:

didn't the last few batman movies turn the batmobile into basically a tank destroyer?

A tank destoyer has a giant gun though. Not like a machine gun but a giant fuckoff tank cannon on a lightly armored chassis

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cream_Filling posted:

A tank destoyer has a giant gun though. Not like a machine gun but a giant fuckoff tank cannon on a lightly armored chassis

The Tumbler in Batman Begins made a whole lot of sense. It was already developed. Wayne just painted it black.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

Cream_Filling posted:

he prolly meant like an APC or something. a single passenger APC.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SopWATh posted:

It's an outrage.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
I don't really care about kids movies

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

joxxuh posted:

I don't really care about kids movies

Batman is a comic book hero for adult goons.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

redshirt posted:

Batman is a comic book hero for adult goons.

I don't know anyone past 16 who reads comic books

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

no one cares about superman, he's a boring alien who can do anything he wants except have any amount of character

if i was dc or whoever owns them now i would do everything possible to attempt to prevent it from contaminating the instant runaway success of batman

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's such a weird concept. It's a sequel to Man of Steel, but is also another Batman reboot.

Seems unfair to Superman.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SopWATh posted:

so more like a scout car then

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

redshirt posted:

this p much sums it up. there's really not any movies worth watching anymore

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there was an episode of the powerpuff girls where they try to copy other superheroes, so blossom gets a batmobile, and she spends the entire episode stuck in traffic
it kind of ruined the batmobile for me because yeah
batman never gets stuck in traffic ????? never?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

you forgot he's also bruce wayne

"oh a rich rear end in a top hat shut down the freeway again to go racing, man gently caress this city"

• Locked thread