Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I prefer the UK version of the sitcom "The office" to the US version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i prefer the us version because david attenborough or whatever that dude's name is is an annoying smarmy bastard

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I prefer the UK version's version of the UK office to the early US Office's version of the UK Office, but across the whole span of the show, the US Office had more to it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Personally, I find it difficult balancing my hatred of Ricky Gervais with my goony inability to acknowledge the quality of mainstream American media.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i've only seen a few minutes of both. didn't really care for either

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
the OP's sentiment is correct

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
uk office is poo poo. the first few seasons of US office were good but then it went to poo poo too

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
the UK version was only two series which is a tremendous improvement

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

they both have some good qualities, for example the ensemble nature of the US version that the UK version did not have, but ultimately i agree that UK version is better. thanks for the opportunity to post about the Office UK vs. US op.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

due to the workplace laws specified by the european union the indoor office environment in the united kingdom (uk) tends to be a safer and more comfortable workspace, so i agree with the op

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Crewmine posted:

the UK version was only two series which is a tremendous improvement

*seasons

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

jBrereton posted:

I prefer the UK version's version of the UK office to the early US Office's version of the UK Office, but across the whole span of the show, the US Office had more to it.

agreeing with this 100%

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
UK office is total poo poo

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i prefer the US version but i respect your opinion

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the final season of the US office was good but the second to last season was objectively the worst one

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i missed the feeling of crushing depression in the us one

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like both, however the main difference is in the US version you wanted to see what the office manager would do next, while in the UK version by the end you wanted to see the office manager beaten to death with a shovel.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

G'day, mate. Pop a shrimp on the barbie.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
steve carrell is vastly superior to guy ritchie or whatever the gently caress his name is

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
The thing about the UK The Office that makes it superior to the US The Office is that the UK The Office didn't stay on the air 6 seasons longer than it should've and therefore ruin it's legacy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
oh no the legacy of a tv show
this makes me so upset and mad

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Arian_Samurai posted:

I like both, however the main difference is in the US version you wanted to see what the office manager would do next, while in the UK version by the end you wanted to see the office manager beaten to death with a shovel.

the thing is that isn't because of the acting or anything that's just because that's the fate richie germvase deserves

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Seriously though, at the very least the series should've ended when Michael Scott left. At the very best it should've ended with Michael not getting the corporate job, Jim staying in Scranton and asking Pam out, and showing us all we are doomed to the status quo.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Yeah that was super hosed up when Mike left and the show just kinda... kept going? It was like what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

PyPy posted:

The thing about the UK The Office that makes it superior to the US The Office is that the UK The Office didn't stay on the air 6 seasons longer than it should've and therefore ruin it's legacy.

That's what I think.

• Locked thread