Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Confirming but I'm a little confused

what does "you are all the terminators, you have every power and win whenever you want" mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

QuoProQuid posted:

Help! I've never seen Terminator
This should be a modkill-worthy offense

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Would it be awkward to CapnAndy CapnAndy?
It's flattering!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Couple of fuel-grabbing motherfuckers up in here after other people already had said they needed it :raise:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Meinberg is posting exactly the way he was in another game where I thought he was being scummy and overwritten and I was wrong -- am suspicious but admit it's null.
"Meinberg is posting suspicious except it's not except it is except it's not", are you kidding me?

##vote Khyros

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

kilran posted:

A short packet, high powered burst transmission is received across the network;

This is a test.
I hope that's a player talking, I've always thought sending day messages is a neat power

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

I hope that's a player talking, I've always thought sending day messages is a neat power
ofc I once got to burst through a dude's window and yell at him

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Based on the OP, fuel is required for night actions
~~~my night action~~~ doesn't need fuel

or am I lying!!!

in any case I don't need fuel

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

JakeP posted:

so just so we are clear the fuel thing does basically confirm me as town
In what possible way

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dude if you think no scum role requires fuel I have a bridge to sell you for a special low low rate

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

Is this a scum claim?
Yes, my scum role is "dude who can do rational thought for two seconds"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

The meinberg case is solid and I'll be happy to flip my vote to him if he's a viable lynch for today, but hey seriously, look at KFC:

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Re: meinberg -- I'll try to find the citation for the last game I thought this later, but I already commented. He's been a bit vacuous and overwritten but this has not meant scum in the past for him.
What kind of weak sauce, wishy-washy, easily washed away defense is that? "Noooo guys he's totally suspicious but not scum, look at me justify not voting for him but also leaving myself a retreat for when he flips scum and people start looking for his buddies"

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

JakeP posted:

Im pretty satisfied with my capn andy vote. He tried to get into a pile-on on me, but when he tried to explain it his reasoning was the exact opposite of what he tried to call me on.
I seriously have never tried to get a pile-on on you and I've never explained it because I never did that, though? Like, what posts are you interpreting as that, because I don't want to vote you at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

JakeP posted:

You didn't try to initiate a pile on, you tried to jump on one that was forming, without actually paying attention. You said some thing about me asking for fuel, and just because I asked for fuel doesn't mean I am town because scum also need fuel or some silly thing, when I was getting chastised for saying I do not need fuel. You were willing to jump on the lynch jakep pileon without even knowing the reason the pileon was happening.
Lol 'kay let's see some quotes

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Jake dude it is honestly baffling that you're this mad about me telling you that it's a safe bet that scum need fuel too

Like, I still think you're town, but what's going on here bro

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Holy poo poo if you think this is uppity you need to recalibrate your Andy-sensors

this is mild bemusement, you'll know uppity when you see it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I swear, I'm just having a nice chat about it because Jake thinks I was doing poo poo I wasn't doing and I wanted to tell him I didn't think those things!

I'm not sure if you guys want me to just not react when people get the wrong idea about me or what I think or what, because I'm not gonna do that, but um sorry if seriously my chill tone comes off as super angry? I guess? I'm not that sorry

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

QuoProQuid posted:

Your posts are making a bigger deal out of this issue than it actually warrants. You come off as defensive.
What-loving-ever, if responding "I didn't say that" when someone says you said poo poo you didn't is a scumtell then fuckin' lynch me because I'll do it next time too

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Did you just link two unflipped players as scum, and advocate lynching the one whose case you're pushing in a large part is predicated on his defense of the other?
Yyyyyyes?

Ugh, when you phrase it like that, it sounds bad. But I think KFC is scum regardless of meinberg's alignment!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, throw out his defenses of Meinberg. Why is he scum?
Because he seems incapable of giving a straight answer to anything, but constantly hedges and throws in pre-built defenses for himself. Look at his last post: (my comments added in italics)

"The argument that QPQ's "non answer" of "it's as serious as it could be at that point" was maliciously crafted so that either interpretation could be hammered on as "the obvious one" later on is plausible (so he agrees) but it just doesn't ring true to me (oh wait, no he doesn't). I still think QPQ is scummy (so it's a plausible case he doesn't agree with on a guy he still thinks is scum?) for having any amount of serious in that vote and that's enough of a case for me.

What I'm saying is that xopods' point is exactly the kind of thing I would say to fuel a fire on a townie getting steam built up on him (xopods is acting maliciously?) -- I don't think he's twisting things by ignoring later posts (or he's not?) , I'm just saying this point doesn't pass a smell test for me (wait, now he is again) , but I wouldn't hesitate to make it if I was looking for something jump on a townie for. (but I'd do it too, but I'm not this time, look how townie I am guys, wink wink)"

All of his posts have this weird, twisty, yes-then no-then yes-then yes but for another reason-or maybe no structure to them. I've never played with him before, maybe this is how he is every time, but all of his posts seem designed that so can go back and hide behind them no matter what happens.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Don't like this, a soft "well I AM A POWER ROLE" while using that leverage to make QPQ look bad. Not sure what Cap was trying to accomplish.
I think "not every town role requires fuel" is important information for the town to know!

Also I'm playing mind games with the scum

why am I softclaiming a power role, scum

do I want you to come at me

or am I bluffing!!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Maybe there's mines all around my enclave? Come find out!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

KFC asked me to read QPQ and I have done so. I haven't paid very close attention to the case because I have my own case, goddammit, I like mine, so here is my unbiased read on him:

Meh. I don't think his vote on Jake was better than half-serious -- he admits so himself -- and there's a lot of defensiveness, but you'd expect that when he was being attacked (I can relate). There's a ton of theorycrafting that basically comes out to a bunch of white noise, buuuuuuut... I can totally see a townie thinking out loud, just trying to give a bunch of ideas to the town, in case something helps. He totally OMGUSes xopods, which, whatever.

It's really only then that I think he acts scummy, jumping on the meinberg bandwagon, then on to me, and then throwing in a jokey "attack" on jake for good measure. It's a weird period of rapidly shifting with the wind, then everyone attacks him again and he's back on the defensive.

Overall I'm not convinced.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I had bad gut vibes on Token's initial questions and our earlier back and forth and dismissed them, but they're coming back/continuing with her hedging/halting moves towards a bowmore vote. She throws out some posts, then admits, "maybe she's not being fair to him" then votes him anyway. Feels padded.

I want to lynch QPQ in part cause it constitutes for me a referendum on xopods.

Would also vote Meinberg, xopods, or CapnAndy in the absence of more comments on other players.
"Token gives me a bad feeling, except she doesn't, except she does again. I would like to lynch QPQ, meinberg, xopods, or andy, I'm not picky, any of them is fine, P.S. did you see me trying to sneak in advocating a chain-lynch there"

God how does nobody else see this

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Not convinced he's scum or not convinced he's town?
I mean... they're kinda the same thing? But I guess I'm not convinced he's scum, since if I had to guess, I'd guess town right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Cap'n Andy can you recap your KFC case with some quote analysis from his post history because that is a good point you just made.
It's just that, again and again and again. He keeps on doing the same thing where he makes contradictory points, often in the same sentence. It's like he's constantly providing cover for himself so that he can go back and claim to have had any opinion he chooses.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Yeah, I really dislike the whole

"hey you, you're scum!"
"no I'm not!"
"look how defensive he is, total scumtell!"

thing as a whole.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If we're not gonna do KFC I'm okay with meinberg, but I'm gonna hold out for KFC for now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Awww xopods now was not the time to claim :doh:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

Can you say anything more specific than that? Sure, xopods shouldn't have claimed but I think it's too detailed to be fake.
Yeah, he's probably telling the truth. It's too boneheaded a move to be scum.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Presumably, scum would have a couple of buddies saying "you only have three votes on you, calm down"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

I think that viewing of his actions is negated by the fact that he's working on a time cramped schedule (seeing as he has his son today) and he posted it in the middle of the day when people work and are busy.
Sure, but it's not like this was a sudden pile-on. Wouldn't he have been venting his worries over the last day, giving his scumbuddies time to talk him down?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Can we get somewhat more frequent votecounts? I have no idea where anyone's standing right now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

##vote meinberg

I'll be right back on KFC tomorrow though :mad:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Magnus Gallant posted:

Where is everybody?
I don't know what's left to be said for today.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

The problem is no one else is presenting a viable alternative. I put forward my two main picks but there's not enough interest in either of them.
I'll switch back to KFC in an instant, he's viable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Here look

##vote KFC

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Quidnose posted:

Well I got a lot to read now I guess!
You have until midnight!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Gosh scum why did one of you die in the night? That's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

kilran posted:

A short packet, high powered burst transmission is received across the network;

QuoProQuid is Not Town
This is hugely worth testing IMO

## vote qpq

• Locked thread