Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

And yeah that includes Morrowind and Dark Souls I'm sick of magic in games and the fantasy setting is so boring and over played. The only thing worse is probably Space games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
magic is the thing that makes the narrative goes from point a to point b expect nerds are so dumb they can't understand that and go all autistic over your face.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

OP, I suggest playing Quake Live as there is no magic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

And yeah that includes Morrowind and Dark Souls I'm sick of magic in games and the fantasy setting is so boring and over played. The only thing worse is probably Space games.

This.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Borsche69 posted:

I'll fight u

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait... OP, your a devout Quake 4 and 2 fan... but those games are space games. Are you just trolling? gently caress off.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Wait... OP, your a devout Quake 4 and 2 fan... but those games are space games. Are you just trolling? gently caress off.

Huh... good point... the Strogg are epic.. okay, I'll make an "acception that proves the rule"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

Huh... good point... the Strogg are epic.. okay, I'll make an "acception that proves the rule"

lmfao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

without magic how are you supposed to heal your warrior

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case
magic is dumb as h*ck and for sissies

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If you don't believe in magical girls then I don't know what to tell you

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
gently caress you, Borsche!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - tree from kirby

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
fck u op *destroys op with 300 firagas*

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

without magic how are you supposed to heal your warrior

I don't care if its a potion or a medpack or a doctor or syringnes... they're all way cooler than magic itself. No one ever does anything interesting with magic in games, half the time its just a gun thats different colored complete with its own ammo system (mana or whatever...)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

I don't care if its a potion or a medpack or a doctor or syringnes... they're all way cooler than magic itself. No one ever does anything interesting with magic in games, half the time its just a gun thats different colored complete with its own ammo system (mana or whatever...)
counterpoint: shooting fireballs at dudes rules

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Endorph posted:

That depends, are we talking something like Mario fireballs, where it's fun, or some dungeons and dragons fire balls, where it costs twenty MP to cast and you're a gigantic homo?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mabels big day posted:

That depends, are we talking something like Mario fireballs, where it's fun, or some dungeons and dragons fire balls, where it costs twenty MP to cast and you're a gigantic homo?
neither

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Magic is actually win, Borsche.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Someone needs to make a game with magic that's actually cool.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Ys II has magic and is cool, but The Last Remnant has magic and sucks rear end.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Endorph posted:

Why not just use a flamethrower?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Guns are flipping sick.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Borsche69 posted:

Why not just use a flamethrower?

videogames always gently caress up flamethrowers

not saying that shooting magic outta your hands is usually better but the noble flamethrower is never allowed to be at its potential

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

mabels big day posted:

Behold, I am the world's most powerful homomancer!

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Arx Fatalis wants a word with you

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

sorry my child like op, but there is no magic in video games, but only abstractions that allow you to navigate a video game to its win conditions. there is no functional difference between say a fireball and a rocket launcher. the aesthetics may change, but the particulars are no different and if you are so superficial as to be offended by the visual form the abstraction takes, then i truly pity you while i play great awesome games.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can you make an exception for fantasy games that feature Sanford and Son

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I can't recall any games with magic as a major thing, tho? I think op is trolololin hard

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Master of Magic

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
there's a hot hot new indie game out that explores abusive relationships; whydoncha dig into that and then go talk on kotaku about it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

that is a dangerous place for a zipper

Dec 26, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Master of Magic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

matrix ripoff posted:

there's a hot hot new indie game out that explores abusive relationships; whydoncha dig into that and then go talk on kotaku about it
mass effect 3?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

*two minutes of hastily and awkwardly explaining to dad why bayonetta is actually a work of art*

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

matrix ripoff posted:

*two minutes of hastily and awkwardly explaining to dad why bayonetta is actually a work of art*

you have a pretty uncool dad if he doesn't like bayonetta for what it is. I bet he doesn't even game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

Two words: SkyRim. Now sit the gently caress down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Skyrim sucks rear end Hole, yes I said it, and if you don't like it, than you can frig off.

• Locked thread