Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I forgot this show even existed, thanks OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

eh i read them all at my grandmas house when i was over there for a summer since it was the only thing she had that wasnt a bunch of really old encyclopedia tomes and book of moron. nothing against them per se, they were just kinda boring and samey even as a 6 year old :shrug:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I never knew it got so hosed up. I stopped reading after I got the dinosaur one at a book fair at school and finished it before dinner that night. My 8 or 9 year old brain did not think that was value for money so I went and started reading Discworld novels instead.

I remember that Marcus' missing\dead mom turns out to be Visser...3..1?

Edit: Marco?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Everworld owned too

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

I recently discovered the series on Netflix and marathoned through them. I'm not ashamed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Cubone posted:

the chronicles books were the best because applegate got to just really go nuts on the sci fi stuff.

in the ellimist chronicles the entire middle part of the book he's trapped underwater on a planet covered entirely by a giant sponge monster named Father with a collective consciousness that uses tentacles to read his mind and only keeps him alive and awake to keep itself amused in these hosed up Matrix dream games
The Ellimist Chronicles literally put more effort into describing relatively unimportant aspects of the story (like the game of what is basically competitive Spore that starts the book) than a lot of sci-fi franchises put into their entire setting.

Also it's the story of a goony space bird that becomes a giant spaceship and then God.

pentyne posted:

Oh, and ominously enough, before 9/11 the series ended with
Forget that, there's literally a book where they hijack a plane and crash it into a building.

• Locked thread