Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
or is wampyre cancer immune? can we derive cancer treatment from vampire?

is vampire std? can wampire derive aids from biting patient? does vampire aids immune and can we make aids an immune by vampyre derivation?

i am studying for medical school doctoreate now and need help with ideas for "advisor"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
black vampyre

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
aids was actually a plan to kill the vampires. they done hosed up though becaues they forgot about gay vampires

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

nomadologique posted:

or is wampyre cancer immune? can we derive cancer treatment from vampire?

is vampire std? can wampire derive aids from biting patient? does vampire aids immune and can we make aids an immune by vampyre derivation?

i am studying for medical school doctoreate now and need help with ideas for "advisor"

Vampires cannot get cancer. Cancer is defined as the uncontrolled division of a particular cell due to a mutation in the genetic controls. In order to do so, the cell must be alive. Vampires are not alive, therefore their cells are not either and they cannot get cancer.

In a similar vein, vampirism cannot be considered a purely sexually transmitted disease as vampires are unable to produce additional bodily fluids, such as vaginal secretions and semen, due to the aforementioned being dead. Vampirism would best be described as a bloodborne disease, but as we all know the actual pathogen involved is magical nature, to call it a disease is simply misleading.

Now an interesting question lies in the interplay between vampire physiology and mundane diseases. Due to being in fact physically dead and inert on a biological level, vampires cannot be affected by mundane diseases, such as HIV/AIDS. They could therefore be considered to be immune. However, as they require blood in order to continue "living" it would be reasonable to assume that any mundane pathogens could survive on still living elements within ingested blood. This in turn would render the vampire a carrier or reservoir of a virus able to transmit the disease in some circumstances.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
how is vampyre formed

how girl get nekbit

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
How could a vampire smoke?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
vaWpr4e? VAiPIMRE!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
we should use y more as a vowel it looks all old school syck

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I were a Vampire I'd live in Edmonton in the Winter, then fly down to Santiago in the Summer. Maximum darkness with plenty of bodies.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

mookface posted:

we should use y more as a vowel it looks all old school syck

Y is a sometimes vowel

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
this is a dumb thread

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

If I were a Vampire I'd live in Edmonton in the Winter, then fly down to Santiago in the Summer. Maximum darkness with plenty of bodies.

Up here in late December the sun rises at nine o'clock and sets at three thirty

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mookface posted:

Up here in late December the sun rises at nine o'clock and sets at three thirty

That's what I'm talking about. Hit the streets in the afternoon and stay out all night without any worry of solar incineration.

Vampire don't care if it's cold as tits out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If vampires can't get cancer how do you explain Vampire Weekend?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

angerbot posted:

Y is a sometimes vowel

sometymes y must take a stand and take what is ryghtfully his

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

That's what I'm talking about. Hit the streets in the afternoon and stay out all night without any worry of solar incineration.

Vampire don't care if it's cold as tits out.

I had some friends who worked at a diamond mine in the NWT and they said there was nothing but a little pre dawn glow every day around noon for several weeks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have 1....2....3 malignant tumors!

AH AH AH

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mookface posted:

I had some friends who worked at a diamond mine in the NWT and they said there was nothing but a little pre dawn glow every day around noon for several weeks

Oslo or something would probably be even better. You'd want to maximize not only hours of winter darkness, but also warm bodies to eat and gently caress with the ladies. Hanging out with eskimoes in 24 hour darkness would probably get old fast, even for a vampire.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
seducing eskimos is impractical also

naem
May 29, 2011

This movie will answer all your question

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Q3PdT6GFQ

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mookface posted:

seducing eskimos is impractical also

I know, right? Might as well seduce a walrus.

Now some Swedish chick hanging out in Stockholm on a dark Friday night? Yowza.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

I know, right? Might as well seduce a walrus.

Now some Swedish chick hanging out in Stockholm on a dark Friday night? Yowza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Finn.

Don't lie.

• Locked thread