Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

THIS THINGS I BELIEVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

texaholic posted:

Hey people! There's more to a phone than specs, believe it or not. To those proclaiming that old Android phones were more advanced than this, I'd like to explain something: user experience. Specifications contribute to the user experience, but they do not define it. As the old adage goes-- "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts"-- user experience is as much about hardware specs as it is about how efficiently hardware and software work with each other. While several different phones have had larger screens, NFC, etc. before the iPhone, they have often been plagued with other issues that cancel out whatever cutting-edge tech they touted. For me, a phone simply needs to work. I am all about more options and not being "constrained to Apple's walled garden", but not at the cost of stability and device longevity. When it comes right down to it, I can do what I need to do faster and more efficiently on an iPhone than I can on an Android or Windows Phone. At home, when I'm writing lines of code or editing an image, I want more options and brute processing power. But when I'm emailing a professor or making a phone call, I just want my device to work simply, without fail, and fast. And guess what? The iPhone is the best at that.

You can still get a flip phone at 7-11 grandpa.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

texaholic posted:

Lol, this same argument rages every year, and it just keeps getting more insane. "Grr..Apple R bestest cuz look how many buy even when it not out" "Argh...Apple morons stupit cuz Apple stupit and lines are stupit" and other such rot. Look, I don't quite understand why anyone waits in any of these day one release lines for anything. I don't get it for video games, phones, music cds(people still buys those right?) or any other thing people line up more than an hour in advance of. Heck, I don't understand people who wait more than a hour for an amusement park ride.

Simple answers are simple, Apple only releases once a year, and if you want the new Apple whatever on the first day that badly then I guess you'll wait. As for the actual line waiting you're daft. I mean hey, if having the new iPhone on day one is that important to you be my guest, but I'd have to question your priorities. Not because it's an iPhone, but because it's just another smartphone.

As for all the fanboy fapping, grow up guys, you might as well be arguing Coke v Pepsi. Apple guys want Apple, Android guys want Android and the guys on the fence won't change their minds based off of your infantile drivel.

This is really funny if you read it in Hank Hill's voice.

• Locked thread