Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
legit question why arent fast food restaurants mostly run by robots

robots do way more complicated poo poo than make hamburgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

ilikedirt posted:

people are cheaper

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

a hole-y ghost posted:

funny story 1 time i decided i didnt want to get grossed out by food as easily, so for like a month straight every day while i was eating my breakfast I would be looking at pictures & videos of poo poo and teratomas etc.

So did it work or did it just make you want to eat tumors?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ilikedirt posted:

people will poo poo and jizz on the robots and the robots wont know the difference

e:

robot: here u are sir here is ur burger
*extends a poo poo-stained claw*

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Companion Cube posted:

So did it work or did it just make you want to eat tumors?
i died

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
"why don't food service corporations invest billions in high tech robotics and recruit a worldwide engineering staff with masters degrees to deploy high tech equipment to replace a cheap grill and grease trap on ever corner of every city street around the world to slap a preformed patty of meat between two pieces of bread slightly faster?"

if you want to see robotics im sure the fabrication facility where fast food is produced is heavily automated

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

you irl posted:

"why don't food service corporations invest billions in high tech robotics and recruit a worldwide engineering staff with masters degrees to deploy high tech equipment to replace a cheap grill and grease trap on ever corner of every city street around the world to slap a preformed patty of meat between two pieces of bread slightly faster?"

if you want to see robotics im sure the fabrication facility where fast food is produced is heavily automated
they could have downs people service the robots

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I'm not sure whether having food cooked by a person who could only find a job they also give to retards would be better or worse than having an actual retard do it.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

people will poo poo and jizz on the robots and the robots wont know the difference

e:

robot: here u are sir here is ur burger
*extends a poo poo-stained claw*

Mmm, just like mom used to make

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I probably have, and I'm OK with that, but I wouldn't like seek it out

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

natetimm posted:

I'm not sure whether having food cooked by a person who could only find a job they also give to retards would be better or worse than having an actual retard do it.

the mark whalberg paradox

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

They only let the downs clean the lobby. Sometimes autists get promoted to cook but even that's pretty rare.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i was in a mcdonalds once and I saw the one girl working there run out of the mens bathroom into the kitchen holding a small white bowl w/ 2 turd logs in it but I don't think she had downs

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

ilikedirt posted:

They did use to have vending machine restaurants, which automates the host/cashier/waitstaff end of the business. Still had live cooks though.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Companion Cube posted:

They did use to have vending machine restaurants, which automates the host/cashier/waitstaff end of the business. Still had live cooks though.

and they did not employ the retarded they kept them in attics and cellars and fed them refuse as shame children. it was a simpler timer

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
i only eat food prepared by people with downs syndrome

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What I'm getting from this thread is that a lot of people think that cooking is really difficult and no way a retarded person could do it!

Who's the real retard here?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

you irl posted:

i only eat food prepared by people with downs syndrome
fyi this is the only way to go if you're not a bigot

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

When I was younger I read the paper all the time and there was a story about a physician with Downs Syndrome and his struggles. He made it to med school and did well, made it through residency and was beginning practice and he talked about patients freaking out.

If anyone can find this article I'll be forever grateful

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

you irl posted:

people are cheaper

i find this hard to believe tbh

if i invented a burger maker thTs cheaper than a people would i be a millionaire

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What I'm getting from this thread is that a lot of people think that cooking is really difficult and no way a retarded person could do it!

Who's the real retard here?
would you eat the tard fare?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

you irl posted:

no i mean a machine that just takes the premade poo poo out of thepackages it comes in anyways and microwaves it which is p much exactly what they do

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
make the downs syndrome person design the robot

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ilikedirt posted:

make the downs syndrome person design the robot
They've already done it soon your dream will be a reality

http://youtu.be/_C3D0rcFXrY

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mookface posted:

would you eat the tard fare?

Of course I would. Supporting people with disabilities and eating food are things I do sometimes.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

When I was younger I read the paper all the time and there was a story about a physician with Downs Syndrome and his struggles. He made it to med school and did well, made it through residency and was beginning practice and he talked about patients freaking out.

Awe that sounds like a sad read

OP - ya of course I'd eat food prepared by a person with downs. Like, they could prepare me a cheese steak from scratch: raw beef and fresh mushrooms and all that jazz.

I don't think they'd be any more unsafe than any other weird fucker prepping my food, and if you're over 23 and not in some high end joint let's face it you are either in grad school or you're a weird loser/retard.

Go ahead Downs persons, you can't be any worse the rest of kitchen workers.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Down's syndrome covers a huge range of fuckedupedness so you've got people like that actress i posted earlier that can act, can speak in public, probably would be cool to talk to, and then you've got dudes that poo poo themselves and beat themselves on the head all day

i read an article written by a dude with Down's syndrome about his perception of having it and how he saw himself versus 'normal' people, his limitations, etc

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Of course I would. Supporting people with disabilities and eating food are things I do sometimes.

It doesn't gross you out

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
if I recall the guy was kind of sad that he would never be able to drive and frustrated that he would always need other people's help with certain things but otherwise he was pretty chill and accurately identified the stuff he's good at

pretty sure he could handle a shift at subway no problem

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mookface posted:

It doesn't gross you out

Nope. Hell I'd eat an actual person with down syndrome if they'd get rid of that fence and let them wander around outside of the care center a bit.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

welcome to downsburger, home of the downsburger, can I take your order

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Weccum to McDonnus snu snu potato McFlurry plee pull floward.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what if the genes that make you a good cook are on the 21st chromosome and all downs people are savant chefs

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Ocean Book posted:

people with downs syndrome arent a homogenous group. some could competently make food and some couldnt

I don't know a drat thing about Down's syndrome and this answered my first question.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nope. Hell I'd eat an actual person with down syndrome if they'd get rid of that fence and let them wander around outside of the care center a bit.

Would you eat out a person with downs syndrome?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

natetimm posted:

Weccum to McDonnus snu snu potato McFlurry plee pull floward.

yeah but what would it be like if they hired people with downs syndrome?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mookface posted:

Are you hitting on me? Either way, YES!!!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

mookface posted:

don't you nmean would you go down on a person with down syndrome

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

no loving poo poo, imagine being in labor and having some retard wearing a white coat walk in and say 'im here to deliver your baby'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i would not be cool w/a downs doctor

• Locked thread