Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Huge burn on Ziggler outta nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NienNunb posted:

why in the blue hell is Chris Jericho fighting Orton? This is almost as useless as Orton/Kane.

We couldn't have a PPV go by without an Orton match so Bray had his feud taken from him.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
How do you have Kane on that board and not put him as one of the red properties?

Also, since I see most colors of the Cena Rainbow there, I humbly request Cena on every property in merch gear that matches the property color, when possible.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

You always want those two properties. Everyone hits them moving past Go.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope Cena wins and Ambrose turns heel because next month my network subscription is up and that $9.99 a month can probably be better spent on booze.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

DeathChicken posted:

You always want those two properties. Everyone hits them moving past Go.

Okay rationalise this for me please, taking into consideration that it's a looping game?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm surprised "GO TO JAIL" isn't "Jobberville" with a picture of Zack Ryder.

ayn rand hand job posted:

After Rollins' racist rant? Yeah, Reigns should have won.

Ah yes, perpetuating that tried and true "Samoan gorilla" stereotype once performed all over Vaudevillain stages with white actors in Samoaface makeup.

Frankston posted:

Is she trying to pin her? This woman who is employed by the biggest wrestling company in the world is trying to pin her?

Yes. She's now declaring on Twitter that she did it because she's a trendsetter, and not at all because she knows gently caress all about wrestling. The commentators didn't even know how to call that one.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Speaking personally, I Just really enjoy being a slum lord.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

MacDougall posted:

Okay rationalise this for me please, taking into consideration that it's a looping game?

The rarity of landing on Boardwalk or Park Place is compounded by a slight overshoot of that plopping you right on Baltic or Club Med. It happens all the time and sucks up the Go money for whoever put hotels there.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 16, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Some cards do send you to Go. Though I think it's actually the orange properties that are the ones that you want to buy as you land on them most often due to 7 being the average roll and there being cards that send you to jail.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 16, 2014

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

projecthalaxy posted:

I wish there was a way to communicate with WWE that my network sub was basically to watch Nitro and follow along with the Attitude Era Podcast because the current product is one of the least interesting periods I can remember. It's like Bigass Moth said, it seems like they are actively antagonistic to their fanbase. I'm just watching out of habit now, and finding things like Henry that are dim lights in the trade wins parity booking nightmare. They ruined Bray, they ruined Cesaro, they are going to ruin Lesnar Sunday, Punk and Bryan and Steph and HHH don't show up anymore.

Basically wrestling is bad and I don't know if even Dean Ambrose can make it good.
That's why NXT is so great, it lacks the ominous aura that executive control is trying to actively poison it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think WWE Monopoly: the board game was something that existed.
Not really surprised it exists I mean there is a Monopoly game for Superbowl XL

Prozach posted:

Winning the US title is the ultimate Catch 22 though. Great you're the United States champ, good luck riding that "momentum".

At least it's better than Fella rapadoo, which I'm pretty confident is gonna be the outcome.
Man I feel bad for Sheamus now that he is basically the Irish John Cena even though he usually has great singles matches.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Blasmeister posted:

7 being the average roll
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an average diceroll. Odds don't change as a result of the last roll. The odds of rolling any combination of two numbers is always the same.

But let's talk percentages...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

That DICK! posted:

Speaking personally, I Just really enjoy being a slum lord.

If Vince didn't own WWE I feel like he would say this a lot.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

LividLiquid posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an average diceroll. Odds don't change as a result of the last roll. The odds of rolling any combination of two numbers is always the same.

Same odds for any combination of two dice, but more of those combinations add up to 7 than any other number... :eng101:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Minidust posted:

Same odds for any combination of two dice, but more of those combinations add up to 7 than any other number... :eng101:
Huh. Neat!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

If you roll a six-sided die, the average roll is (1+2+3+4+5+6)/6, which is 3.5.

2 * 3.5 = 7

v There's a 141 2/3 percents you're wrong and a jerk. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 16, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is how bad WWE is now. We're actively doing math in the discussion thread.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Scott Steiner would be proud.

Or mad, more likely mad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There was also a WWE DVD board game where you managed a group of wrestlers and tried to capture all the titles. It was pretty fun when I was 14 and playing with a bunch of other teen marks. HHH was super broken.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

There was also a WWE DVD board game where you managed a group of wrestlers and tried to capture all the titles. It was pretty fun when I was 14 and playing with a bunch of other teen marks. HHH was super broken.

Wasn't there a WWF tabletop rpg back in the day?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Fun fact: All official Monopoly boards have to keep the corners the same.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Wasn't there a WWF tabletop rpg back in the day?

Know your Role, it was a d20 game. Never played it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it as good as the Star Trek one?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I'm honestly pretty sure the optimal strategy in Monopoly is to buy every single property you land on regardless of where on the board it is and then leverage that.

Also, Daniel Bryan surprisingly high on the Monopoly tier list.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Know your Role, it was a d20 game. Never played it.

Just found a copy on eBay, going to try it with some mates.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I experience Bij when I watch RAW.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Fun fact: All official Monopoly boards have to keep the corners the same.

Huh. I never noticed that. I always assumed that they carried a theme as well but never paid attention.

I guess a part of me was hoping for a card that says:

Go to TNA.
Go directly to TNA.
Do not pass pay windah.
Do not collect paycheck.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

This also encapsulates watching Raw.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

flashy_mcflash posted:

And here I thought I was just setting somebody up for a Scott Steiner joke.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

sticklefifer posted:

Punjabi Prison.

sticklefifer posted:

Ah yes, perpetuating that tried and true "Samoan gorilla" stereotype once performed all over Vaudevillain stages with white actors in Samoaface makeup.

The savage islander is a pretty enduring stereotype. Especially in wrestling!

sticklefifer posted:

Yes. She's now declaring on Twitter that she did it because she's a trendsetter, and not at all because she knows gently caress all about wrestling. The commentators didn't even know how to call that one.

I'm firmly of the belief that Cameron/Ariane's stupidity is a work. I just can't fathom otherwise.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I'm honestly pretty sure the optimal strategy in Monopoly is to buy every single property you land on regardless of where on the board it is and then leverage that.

If you're playing with the full rules, i.e. auctioning properties that aren't bought and trading between players freely, then yes. If you're playing with common rules, i.e. no auctions and trading only when facing bankruptcy, buy up on the pink/light blue and yellow/green corners.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The savage islander is a pretty enduring stereotype. Especially in wrestling!
Really funny considering Samoa was a lot better off in many ways before Western Civilization showed up.

Here's an article about a "savage" nation not being big stupid dicks about sex and gender politics that's being linked in a wrestling thread for some reason:

:nws: for island boobies.

http://thephilosophersmail.com/perspective/the-great-anthropologists-margaret-mead/

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So German goalkeeper Tim Wiese says he has had an offer from WWE

Bit late on this, but, while I could understand WWE going for Wiese's body, having followed the Bundesliga closely for a long time, and having (had to) listened to plenty of interviews with Wiese, it's safe to say that he is probably full of poo poo as far as a WWE offer goes. Besides, the first 'source' of this was the BILD newspaper, aka the German equivalent of the Daily Mirror and National Enquirer, who for the past few months have tried to push themselves as a more serious information source for wrestling, most articles of which happen to be behind a paywall. So in essence, I suspect this is just a way for BILD to get some subscriptions out of gullible wrestling fans.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

LividLiquid posted:

Really funny considering Samoa was a lot better off in many ways before Western Civilization showed up.

Here's an article about a "savage" nation not being big stupid dicks about sex and gender politics that's being linked in a wrestling thread for some reason:

:nws: for island boobies.

http://thephilosophersmail.com/perspective/the-great-anthropologists-margaret-mead/

It's being linked because you just posted and this is the only sort of thing you ever post about.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I am somewhat disappointed that no reference to Know Your Role Boulevard or Jabroni Drive can be found in that game.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
RAW viewership.

8PM - 3,900.000 viewers
9PM - 3,949,000 viewers.
10PM - 3,629,000 viewers.

Average: 3,826,000

That would be the lowest rated third hour since December 2013.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Anyone ever played With Authority, the online card game? I had fun with it, even bought the Triple H deck just so I could bury jobbers and loving go over.

sticklefifer posted:

Maybe he's part German.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

-- WWE has requested production of tons of different Steve Austin t-shirts

Hmmm, that and the podcast plug could mean something.

Also IT'S COMING

quote:

-- The belief regarding the Mark Henry/Rusev segment closing out Raw last night was that it was less about Mark Henry and more about Rusev likely entering into a program with John Cena soon.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cena has to get his heat back after Lesnar kills him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I called it, but I'm not looking forward to it :(

• Locked thread