Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heres my to do list: smt 4, persona q, fire emblem, oot 3d + link between worlds, bravely default, shovel knight, professor layton/aa, animal crossing, monster hunter, probably some mario stuff, maybe pokemon cos i havent really played one sincei was a kid and its different now... what games am i missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
you hosed up. shoulda waited for the New 3DS XL

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cyra posted:

na , i got a used one for freaking cheap and im gonna sell it a few months before the new one is out. it doesnt even have ar elease date yet

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
you're also missing space harrier 3d

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cyra posted:

you're also missing space harrier 3d

what is that

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
it's space harrier in 3d

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

kid icarus uprising

and play ace attorney dual destinies it's better than layton v AA (but you should still play both)

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Cyra posted:

the only fuckup would be to wait longer before playing smt4..

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Kelp Plankton posted:

kid icarus uprising

and play ace attorney dual destinies it's better than layton v AA (but you should still play both)

theres no possible world in which thats true

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

kid icarus uprising

i will :p

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the plot twists in layton v aa are really stupid and the puzzles are baby-easy

in dual destinies you cross examine an orca

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
gonna say the lack of luigi's mansion dark moon is a major oversight

consider mario 3d land unless you have a wii u in which case just get 3d world instead

Kelp Plankton posted:

in dual destinies you cross examine an orca

if you buy the dlc you should

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

fronz posted:

the only fuckup would be to wait longer before playing smt4..

its not even out here til next month -___________________________-

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
theres also the final fantasy music game, if youre into final antasy and music, and smash in october

I.N.R.I posted:

its not even out here til next month -___________________________-

that blows

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Cyra posted:

gonna say the lack of luigi's mansion dark moon is a major oversight

consider mario 3d land unless you have a wii u in which case just get 3d world instead

i was thinking of 3d land when i said mario stuff. tbh, this is the first nintendo thing ive owned since a gameboy colour when i was a tiny kid so im not really clued up on which of the new mario games + spinoffs are the best ones... ill check luigis mansion out, ty.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

I.N.R.I posted:

i was thinking of 3d land when i said mario stuff. tbh, this is the first nintendo thing ive owned since a gameboy colour when i was a tiny kid so im not really clued up on which of the new mario games + spinoffs are the best ones... ill check luigis mansion out, ty.

maybe don't unless you played the first one on gamecube and liked it. mario 3d land is the tits though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if you want a 2d mario and didnt play the other New Super Mario things then the 3ds one is pretty good

i didnt like it but i had played too many other 2d mario games. 3d land and 3d world are better though

also pushmo and crashmo are both cool puzzle games, cheap downloadable ones

Soral
May 30, 2009

good choice op. 3ds is good.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
did anyone play soul hackers?

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

heres my to do list: smt 4, persona q, fire emblem, oot 3d + link between worlds, bravely default, shovel knight, professor layton/aa, animal crossing, monster hunter, probably some mario stuff, maybe pokemon cos i havent really played one sincei was a kid and its different now... what games am i missing

I recommend the ghost recon game. it's made by Julian Gollop and really good

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

rune factory 4, unless you've got european 3ds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

play etrian odyssey iv, smtiv (when it's finally out in europe) and mario & luigi iv

edit: fire emblem awakening is bad don't play that

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 16, 2014

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

gently caress you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

play etrian odyssey iv, smtiv (when it's finally out in europe) and mario & luigi iv

i know for a fact its good because all of the other fire emblems are good :D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
congrats op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

gently caress you

it has the most boring map design ever sorry dude. it's bad

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

your so loving wrong im not even gonna try to have a conversation with you about it

someone who could even come to that conclusion is a lost cause

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Sep 16, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Awakening has Bad Map Design, but it is still a Good Game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was just bored as heck man. I stopped around the time the story loops back into itself.

Just couldn't get over the boring maps and bad decisions like Same Turn Attacking Reinforcements.

Now that's strategy! What were they thinking.

Edit: I even have the fire emblem 3DS. What was I thinking.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Good choices OP. Have fun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Kirby triple deluxe is fun. 3ds is cool, probably the best portable I've owned since the GBA. gently caress the PSP, what a waste of money.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the new kirby kicks rear end

also buy liberation maiden and dkc:r if you didnt play the wii version

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also etrian odyssey

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

mabels big day posted:

Good choices OP. Have fun.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

If you do not have a Wii U you should probably pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns, because DKC is a good series of games and that is an enjoyable game in the series. It is also not a JRPG, it is good to round things out a bit, really expereience the depth of the 3DS library. I would also play EO:IV before SMTIV because I do not like SMTIV that much.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
kid icarus uprising and link between worlds are on sale right now on the NA eshop, not sure about the rest of the world.

Congrats on your purchase

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

3ds went from kinda lovely to amazing in like a year

JRPG alone I think fire emblem, SMT4, pokemon came out in the same year and bravely default soon after

Also link between worlds same year which owns so much and is the best Zelda in a long long time

I'm really psyched for smash like I've been playing the demo a bit too much and then persona q will probably be great. I guess pokemon again but the remakes were always something I skip I don't get the appeal

Handhelds own Videogames own

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Handhelds own Videogames own

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I own and enjoy a vita too. Ffx in HD on a plane is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If you didn't play Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii you should get the 3DS version.

• Locked thread