Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
hot mexican women are like super loving hot too bad life in mexico is awful, like the kind of life tea partiers pretend we have here but they have it for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

zoux posted:

Yeah. What's so different about Mexico that it sucks instead of is good like the other two N. American states?

lol google it but here is a CRACKED ARTICLE i didnt read

http://www.cracked.com/article_21367_6-ways-life-in-cartel-run-mexico-nothing-like-you-imagine.html

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

zoux posted:

No I mean why did it end up hosed as opposed to ok, not how is it hosed today as we speak.

the drug industry is huge money but inherently illegal and basically the government was unable to prevent it from taking off. once they controled enough resources, land, and people it becomes what it has today. its easy to point at our drug war as fueling their demise, which of course it is, but strictly comparing countries there's no reason we wouldnt be growing our own weed and cocaine in massive quantities either (and murdering each other constantly over it). except that the US government is many magnitudes more effective at stopping that when you compare it directly to the mexican government.

the same sort of situation would occur with any industry with high demand and few/no rules

this is one of the main arguments of legal marijuana dawg

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

zoux posted:

Yes but again I mean, that stuff didn't happen until drugs were made illegal in the 20's, was Mexico as good as the US/Canada before that? My impression is that it's pretty much always been a shithole.

I mean, yeah kinda? I dunno id have to look into it but i really really really really am not going to do that

• Locked thread