Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
Only newest iteration of a hardware line, you wouldn't want to tarnish Their vision.

CATEGORIES:

Phone: iPhone 6, iPhone 6+
Tablet: iPad Air, iPad Mini
Laptop: Macbook Air, Macbook Pro
Desktop: iMac, (Mac Pro lol)

So if you're not homeless you obviously own something from each of those categories, but there is a lot of overlap between them. When trying to maximize your tactical cargo pant pockets, it can be difficult to know which things you desperately need to purchase. Possible sample configurations:

TIMPACK: iPhone 6+, iPad Air, Macbook Pro, iMac
COLLEGEPACK: iPhone 6, Macbook Air
POORPACK: iPhone 6+
YOSPACK: iMac, Macbook Air, iPad Mini, iPhone6
PROPACK: iMac, Macbook Pro, iPhone 6+

Here's my logic. At the base level, you need a phone and something with OS X. So at the very least, iPhone 6 and a Macbook Air. If you are a "Power" 'User' then a Macbook Pro makes more sense there. You may want a tablet for browsing at that point, but you could live without one. Maximal utility of a tablet only happens when it is differentiated as much as possible as your OS X device - that's where the iMac comes in :smug:

If you are using an iMac, you'll need something to browse with while afk. A phone will suffice while you're on the go, and a tablet is ideal for the home. But wait. What if your phone, was a tablet?? Owning only a 6+ and an iMac may suit all needs. If you type a lot when you're not at your desktop, then supplementing with a Macbook Air is permissible. Downgrading the 6+ to a 6 also allows you to justify owning an iPad. Of course, all of these devices will be perfectly integrated regardless of how many of them you own, thanks to the innovation of Hand Off and Continuity in iOS8/Yosemite.

Conclusion: Buy everything, if only to distract you from the gaping nothingness that is existence

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i was promised a poll

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

there is not a poll, op.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.
The iWatch is so underwhelming that I forgot to even include it, this is not a joke.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Widdiful posted:

there is not a poll, op.

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

There are too many configurations to type stfu

People should be posting their own answers cuz if I don't figure out what consumer electronics devices to own to most efficiently maximize my time doing completely pointless poo poo on the internet I'm going to explode

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Widdiful posted:

there is not a poll, op.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

maybe you should practice making threads in ycs, op

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Mr. Onslaught posted:

Conclusion: Buy everything, if only to distract you from the gaping nothingness that is existence
i agree with this though, except in the aspect that i own both apple things and non-apple things

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

All ownership is slavery....of yourself. Food for thought

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
best combo is all of them in any order, op

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

I like the sound of that. I can start a text on my gigantic phone, and when it gets too uncomfortable to type I can just whip out a Macbook to finish typing it. Whilst reading emails on the lappy, you might get a cool link to a tweet that is so good that you want to leave the tab open so you can sit down at your iMac to seamlessly read it again later. And then, in bed while your phone is charging you can take out your iPad and read it one more time. What an age we live in.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
there's no sense in mentioning examples why that's the best Mr. Onslaught because there are an infinite amount of them

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

It would be foolish to not take into account how Apple TV fits into all of this. Using your phone as a remote control to play some sick tunes over Airplay is yet another advantage to being a blessed member of the Apple ecosystem. Walled garden? Yeah, technically paradise is a garden I guess...and the wall is to keep you know who out. (Android owners).

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
where's the loving poll?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
im shakeing with rage OP

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

I dropped the ball big time on the poll, and it's starting to sink in how much I let everyone down. I'm pretty sure when I'm *finally* on the iPhone 6 that I'll be able to manage my posting better.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
okay thank you Mr. Onslaught. will you please sit down? dr. katz will be right out to assist you.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
15 inch macbook pro with retina display + thunderbolt display and space gray iphoine 5s op

dgaf about pads

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

That is a pro setup, kudos on purchasing good products. If the thunderbolt display had a loving HDMI input like it should it would be the greatest thing ever

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
apple pays no mind to deprecated connections

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

Thunderbolt came out last decade and there still isn't a HDMI converter for it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Mr. Onslaught posted:

Thunderbolt came out last decade and there still isn't a HDMI converter for it

http://www.walmart.com/c/kp/thunderbolt-to-hdmi-adapters

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
if you want to connect your video game machine to anything it should be your bathtub while your in it

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

idk what this crap is but all I know is you can't do HDMI input on an Apple display/iMac which is absurd

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

graph posted:

im shakeing with rage OP

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im not sure this is in good faith op

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

u can do everything you need to with nothing more than an iPod hifi and a laserwriter II

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
that was a lot of text. i did not read any of it.

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

i have the best combo of apple products

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
this here is some fuckin bullshit

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

all of them, op

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

the iphone is the first good modern product apple has and will ever make

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

power pack:

Mac Pro to make the ultimate content imaginable
iPad Air to show off your work to a very impressed room of job creators
iPhone 6 to answer the call saying your content franchise funding was approved
 Watch because you gotta exercise off that time spent at the desk. and you just got funding so why the gently caress not

I hope this helps someone out there.,,

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

imac to hide your fat disgusting body behind instead of inflicting literal buckets of crisco on gymgoers whose only crime was not killing all fat people when they had the chance

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

where's the mac mini desktop option op

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Mr. Onslaught posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:golfclap:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
got something against laptops pack: imac, ipad air, iphone
thats what i've got anyway.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

apple sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011