Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I joined Fate yesterday

they seem like a pretty chill group of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winston Chill
Aug 24, 2008

Fine and dandy.
Just created a new character for the winter alpha. Enjoyed goofing around in the previous alpha, although I missed all the end game action due to being a filthy casual. I'm in as Chillax, currently in a small scrub guild but definitely interested in joining a goon guild if one pops up.

Plutonium
Jul 29, 2007

It must be the plutonium.
Just got in as Plutonium - also interested in a goon guild.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Harry Manback and I both joined Fate. They have territory, seem generally laidback, and were all working together. They are what you expect from a bunch of 20 something pubbies as far as saying "human being" sometimes, but other than that I'm enjoying playing with them. Message Icon in game, he is their guild leader.

I don't think there will be a goon guild for winter alpha, but we all need to think about getting one together for summer alpha onward.

lazy old sun
Feb 12, 2007

In game as LazyOldSun and just joined Fate as well.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
How big is Fate? I ended up in some random guild that invited me because they have possession of most of eastern Seamouth, but I've got no attachment to anybody in there. Do they take anybody who asks?

Initial impressions of the game are pretty overwhelmingly positive. The UI needs some polish basically across the board, but the core elements are pretty fun. Hopefully I still feel the same way after a month of futzing around.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
I'm in as Undermonk. It sure seems like we have enough people for a goon guild.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I logged in an Fate lost all their territory for some (?) reason

maybe due to a glitch or whatevs

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I've been playing all day and I'm enjoying it. Got to tier 3 and I'm taking a break for the day. I'm in with immortals and it looks like they are fairly try hard. Bumber is they are all European so I can't understand them. Lol.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm in Fate now too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm impressed, they removed pretty much all the tedious grindy bullshit from the fall alpha. Tool decay, having to manually equip tools, etc. Or if there is tool decay it's significantly better.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 28, 2015

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh
i'm in as 'Heron' having fun running around cutting down trees not really sure what i am doing.

So glad i dropped $100 to get a horse, walking around is intensely tedious

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Boring posted:

i'm in as 'Heron' having fun running around cutting down trees not really sure what i am doing.

So glad i dropped $100 to get a horse, walking around is intensely tedious

I still havent quite figured out how to get a horse without the hundred dollar pack. Does something drop the baby horse or what?

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
You can get a foal off the marketplace. I am not sure where else to get them but I heard someone talking about finding them in the wild somehow? Maybe kill a pregnant horse. :iiam:

Then (from the official forums): "You have to level up your farming first, on your farmlands plant carrots. After they completely grow, 1-3 hours ( not sure what time period is ), you can harvest them. Once you gain 80 fame doing this, you will unlock baby chickens. Now place a pasture, drop some baby chickens here. Continue to plant carrots. Feed your chickens the carrots you harvested. Chicken has to be fully fed to grow to maturity. Continue this cycle until you have 450 fame. Now you should unlock corn, baby goats, baby horses T3 and baby oxen T3. Place the animals in the pasture and feed them. 24 hours later you will have a mature animal, that you can take to the saddler, with 30 T3 leather ( horse ), 30 T3 wood ( ox ). Now craft the mount. Following this procedure you should have a mount in 2-3 days. "

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I think the only other way is raising one up through farming.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My recommendations for goons & this game going forward:

A few weeks prior to closed beta (or summer alpha whatever, we can play it by ear) we make a new thread in the Games section. We can have a PGS thread as well to talk about things slightly more privately. I don't think we need an offsite, its just gonna end up being some cliquey drama bomb.

We should start a goon guild for it. If someone steps up and wants to be a leader, awesome. Let's see if anyone is interested between now and summer alpha/closed beta. We don't need to hold a ton of land, I recommend we just make a beeline to some high level zones, pick up the plots so we have some room for crafting stations & a small safe zone in areas with high level crafting mats. If the goon guild goes well we could try to take more land or whatever. If not, thats no problem. We hold onto what little land we initially take, and we just run around PvP zones and kill people/steal their poo poo.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'll lead the guild for a week before quitting with all the guild bank stuff in my account.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

I'll lead the guild for a week before quitting with all the guild bank stuff in my account.

this is a good start, who wants to be second in command and kick everyone out of the guild after this happens

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll suggest it here too; A headless guild. Everyone seems fairly self-motivated so far, and that goes a long way in games like this, so we might get by with no guild leader aside from whatever sap sets it up, and probably be fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I'll suggest it here too; A headless guild. Everyone seems fairly self-motivated so far, and that goes a long way in games like this, so we might get by with no guild leader aside from whatever sap sets it up, and probably be fine.

:agreed:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Orv posted:

This is a good idea. Common goals seem pretty obvious in this game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think literally all we need are 5 people who are badasses at PvP to hold our territory, other than that we can just do whatever the gently caress

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh

Schwack posted:

I still havent quite figured out how to get a horse without the hundred dollar pack. Does something drop the baby horse or what?

It should be in a message to you (check your mail tab) i just equipped it straight away.

Has anyone completed the 'Journeyman Toolmaker Crafter' task?? it seems to want me to craft 'Novice Tools or Accessories of 387 fame' since there is like 6 goddamn tools to craft, all of which i have, what the hell do you do, keep crafting replicas and waste resources so i can do the achievement and progress? wtf

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Boring posted:

It should be in a message to you (check your mail tab) i just equipped it straight away.

Has anyone completed the 'Journeyman Toolmaker Crafter' task?? it seems to want me to craft 'Novice Tools or Accessories of 387 fame' since there is like 6 goddamn tools to craft, all of which i have, what the hell do you do, keep crafting replicas and waste resources so i can do the achievement and progress? wtf

I just picked a tool and crafted that tool till i got one of excellent quality, then moved on to the next one. Also remember you can salvage items at the repair shop to recover some of your matts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jhorphear posted:

I just picked a tool and crafted that tool till i got one of excellent quality, then moved on to the next one. Also remember you can salvage items at the repair shop to recover some of your matts.

good tip, I didn't realize that about the salvage

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I think literally all we need are 5 people who are badasses at PvP to hold our territory, other than that we can just do whatever the gently caress

nah it get's to be more complicated than that. Also currently grabbing a plot of land and developing it runs into a serious problem of being able to maintain it by providing food because it's an endgame goal and not a day 1 goal unless you have the largest tubesocks to poopsock. The guilds that have kept their plots are all filled with 40-100 active players who mostly all have private farm islands and have to constantly provide food to maintain buildings and plots of land. Buying food from the market is something like 300,000 silver per day.

imo to do a goon guild properly we need to apply a little politics, a decent amount of organizing and learn as much as we can from this alpha. Having 5 badass PvPers isn't going to prevent some 40 man group of pk's from a hostile alliance from camping the poo poo out of us, only protect our plot of land during sieges.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I agree with that, I think they need to really tune the requirements for plot maintenance and I just meant we need the 5 people to hold onto the plot so we can have the buildings

we definitely do need to work with other groups and learn as much as possible, agreed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also apparently a lot of the guild territories reverted to neutral because of this

Fixed: Silver & gold in buildings wasn't being saved when the server shut down, resulting in it being lost after maintenance. Unfortunately this still affects THIS maintenance, but is fixed for future maintenances

lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011
Arguments in global about P2W from people who do not understand time valuation, endless hours of fun.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I am thoroughly enjoying it. I even did a resource run on my phone today while i was at work. Very nice.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

My recommendations for goons & this game going forward:

A few weeks prior to closed beta (or summer alpha whatever, we can play it by ear) we make a new thread in the Games section. We can have a PGS thread as well to talk about things slightly more privately. I don't think we need an offsite, its just gonna end up being some cliquey drama bomb.

We should start a goon guild for it. If someone steps up and wants to be a leader, awesome. Let's see if anyone is interested between now and summer alpha/closed beta. We don't need to hold a ton of land, I recommend we just make a beeline to some high level zones, pick up the plots so we have some room for crafting stations & a small safe zone in areas with high level crafting mats. If the goon guild goes well we could try to take more land or whatever. If not, thats no problem. We hold onto what little land we initially take, and we just run around PvP zones and kill people/steal their poo poo.

I support this idea 100%, and will be happy to put time in and help lead this.

And by lead this, I mean run around with fellow hardcore PVPers murdering pubbies to secure land for goon settlement.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Don't forget to include "No pedos or pedo apologists" in the guild rules this time.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Honestly just preemptively blacklist all EVE goons.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Only vapers allowed

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

RottenK posted:

Honestly just preemptively blacklist all EVE goons.

They need to be let in if they're really good at grooming sheep though. For wool.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ugh. There were only 3 people online in my guild for NA prime time. That was seriously disappointing. How is fates roster for the PST time zone. And what city do they run out of?

Harry Manback
Sep 22, 2009
Fate had a steady 7-10 people online through all US prime times. When I was getting off at 12 PST there were still 5 people who stayed on. Plus the alliance we're in sometimes organizes dungeon runs and pvp groups.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Harry Manback posted:

Fate had a steady 7-10 people online through all US prime times. When I was getting off at 12 PST there were still 5 people who stayed on. Plus the alliance we're in sometimes organizes dungeon runs and pvp groups.

Yeah so far Fate has been a good guild to be in, in that there's always something going on. My biggest gripe is that we don't have any T3+ buildings on the island yet so I need to bum off of alliance territories or pay, but I'm sure that will change in the next day or two.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

hi this looks cool so i am probably going to try it after i get done with work today. i like to play mmos on my computer but i also really like to play games on my tablet so it seems like a good fit for me.

i was confused on the founder packs though. if you buy a founder pack, you can lose those special items permanently, right? but your nametag and stuff would stay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

hi this looks cool so i am probably going to try it after i get done with work today. i like to play mmos on my computer but i also really like to play games on my tablet so it seems like a good fit for me.

i was confused on the founder packs though. if you buy a founder pack, you can lose those special items permanently, right? but your nametag and stuff would stay?

correct

• Locked thread