Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So what are the endgame sort of goals in this game? I'm all about PvP, but just wondering what other things are in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like, what does the endgame seem to be? Is there a lot of crafting/housing stuff, or is it really mostly PvP?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thantos911 posted:

If you decide on joining and picking up a founders pack feel free to use the referral link! For every referral you get, you get extra gold added to your account more then willing to give a 60% you - 40% me split to anyone that uses it, and really a win/win situation. No reason not to.

Thantos - IGN just hit me up if you link and I will mail you the proceeds, I keep track of the referals, plus they have a page on the forum that lists referals as well so easy to track who I owe, etc.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=EWK9S1KN42

Alrighty, bought into this used your referral link. I've played Mortal and Darkfal so I'm not really worried about full loot. glad to hear they are expanding on the endgame

Its not that I don't like PvP, I just think its a lot more fun if there is fleshed out PvP along with lots of other types of activities.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 13, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also if it ends up being good i think i can convince a lot of other goons to play

by the way, is there an IRC, Mumble, etc?

If there isn't a Mumble channel set up, may as well use Camping the Stairs. Thoughts?

eonwe fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 13, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jhorphear posted:

god, please don't remind me of that failure.

yea maybe the worst game ive ever played

you could just glitch into a cliff face, set up a macro to mine in 100% safety, and your friend could come by every 10 minutes or so and take all the ore off of you

but since its a new page, do you guys have a Mumble server you are using? If not, we can use Camping the Stairs. (Info in PGS)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Alexander DeLarge
King Fu Jesus
Shodai
a harpy
Gargoyle
jabro
D-Pad
hundredseven
comaerror
iminers
Pendent
PsychicToaster
zwdzk
Ruggan
jhorphear
thantos911
Eonwe

these are the people who implied (or confirmed) they have bought a founder's pack in the thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
of course, all of us have obviously made a terrible life choice to be in the alpha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schwack posted:

I'm strongly considering also being a big idiot and buying it. I just wanna play uo again.

join us, friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thantos911 posted:

Also when you buy in you have to actually go in and apply your code to your game account or you will not get beta access.... I know it seems like something that should automatically happen but it does not. Just log in and go to your account you will see a code in your account which you have to apply using redeem a code. Then you get founders rights and beta access. I did not understand this at first and assumed you just got beta added to your account automatically but no.

edit: I guess they could do this so that you can give the code to a friend or something so they don't apply the code automatically to your account.

Yep, code is applied so I'm set!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea im good with joining an already existing guild for this test, and maybe for open beta/release we'll try to get a bunch of goons together for a guild

still though, do those guys have 300 members in the same way that 300 members signed up on their site and are on their member list, or 300 members reasonably actively playing the game?

like in Darkfall before release there were guilds that claimed 1000+ members but there was tons of overlap because some of those members had joined 4-5 guilds before launch

eonwe fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 16, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eonwe - no guild yet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thantos911 posted:

Cool ill check on it when I get a moment. Sorry about Vendetta not picking you up did they send you a email or something saying you where not in?

hmm does not show yet. probably too early though.

Whats the vendetta website so i can apply

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
effort,

im just gonna run around solo and figure the game out

i don't need access to the high tier mats to understand the game processes before it comes out for real

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what do you guys think about remaking the thread on Games

I think we'd get a lot more people interested, especially since winter alpha is starting up soon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it just doesn't get nearly as much traffic is all

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TasmanianX posted:

If that's the main driving force behind moving it, hell, stick it on GBS.

:whitewater:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Biowarfare posted:

is it worth paying $100 for this pile of poo poo i'm pretty sure they've badly tried to shill on SA too and gotten banned for it

i will happily post my impressions as the winter alpha progresses so people can get some honest feedback on it and you can be in time for summer alpha and closed beta later this year

i paid $50 for it and i have absolutely no urge to ever justify a purchase ive made so i wont just say how good it is

i still think that whenever we make a new thread, it should go in Games

MMO HMO is pretty much a dead board and we aren't going to get a ton of people to play

there are lots of games threads that are "MMOs" like Planetside 2, Star Citizen (lol), War Thunder, H1Z1, Kingdom of Loathing, etc

and surprise surprise, they are among the most active MMOs as far as goon activity goes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Finndo posted:

Don't do it, Eonwe. It will break your heart just like Archeage did. Don't make us watch you go through that pain once more.

haha man, I knew Archeage was gonna be bad, thats kind of my thing at this point

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
upgraded to the $100 pack so I can play before work tomorrow morning, lmfao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
played it a bit this morning

the crafting stuff all is pretty fun and relaxing, I could see myself going and gathering materials on like a tablet or something sitting on the couch

combat was what you'd expect, reasonably dull but the fact that different weapons and armor determine your skills and you have some way in which skills it provides you while crafting is definitely pretty cool

if gaming is your hobby and you aren't worried about making it to your next paycheck its probably safe to go ahead and pick it up, if you have any doubts about spending money on an early access video game tho, just wait

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also hello to my friend who whispered me this morning in game

apparently he doesn't post in this thread but reads it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all the pubbie guilds seem really dumb and zergy and a pain to get into

i dont want to write an essay to join your dumb guild to funnel you mats :sigh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

dominoeffect posted:

How long is the winter alpha open for?

4 weeks I think, then a couple months later a summer alpha, then shortly after that closed beta

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im playing albion on my browser at work

also, because im retarded I'm posting my referral code, ill split the bonus gold if anyone uses it

https://albiononline.com/?ref=1QE5FPFWGD

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 26, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the guilds in this game are pants on head retarded, that is my experience

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schwack posted:

I'd be interested in being part of a goon guild if one emerges as long as it isnt run by a pedophile.

same, hopefully someone who is more competent than me will step up for summer alpha/closed beta

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Agreed. I don't care if we have to ally with a zerg guild on release, dealing with these people is painful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I joined Fate yesterday

they seem like a pretty chill group of people

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Harry Manback and I both joined Fate. They have territory, seem generally laidback, and were all working together. They are what you expect from a bunch of 20 something pubbies as far as saying "human being" sometimes, but other than that I'm enjoying playing with them. Message Icon in game, he is their guild leader.

I don't think there will be a goon guild for winter alpha, but we all need to think about getting one together for summer alpha onward.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I logged in an Fate lost all their territory for some (?) reason

maybe due to a glitch or whatevs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My recommendations for goons & this game going forward:

A few weeks prior to closed beta (or summer alpha whatever, we can play it by ear) we make a new thread in the Games section. We can have a PGS thread as well to talk about things slightly more privately. I don't think we need an offsite, its just gonna end up being some cliquey drama bomb.

We should start a goon guild for it. If someone steps up and wants to be a leader, awesome. Let's see if anyone is interested between now and summer alpha/closed beta. We don't need to hold a ton of land, I recommend we just make a beeline to some high level zones, pick up the plots so we have some room for crafting stations & a small safe zone in areas with high level crafting mats. If the goon guild goes well we could try to take more land or whatever. If not, thats no problem. We hold onto what little land we initially take, and we just run around PvP zones and kill people/steal their poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

I'll lead the guild for a week before quitting with all the guild bank stuff in my account.

this is a good start, who wants to be second in command and kick everyone out of the guild after this happens

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

I'll suggest it here too; A headless guild. Everyone seems fairly self-motivated so far, and that goes a long way in games like this, so we might get by with no guild leader aside from whatever sap sets it up, and probably be fine.

:agreed:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think literally all we need are 5 people who are badasses at PvP to hold our territory, other than that we can just do whatever the gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jhorphear posted:

I just picked a tool and crafted that tool till i got one of excellent quality, then moved on to the next one. Also remember you can salvage items at the repair shop to recover some of your matts.

good tip, I didn't realize that about the salvage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea I agree with that, I think they need to really tune the requirements for plot maintenance and I just meant we need the 5 people to hold onto the plot so we can have the buildings

we definitely do need to work with other groups and learn as much as possible, agreed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also apparently a lot of the guild territories reverted to neutral because of this

Fixed: Silver & gold in buildings wasn't being saved when the server shut down, resulting in it being lost after maintenance. Unfortunately this still affects THIS maintenance, but is fixed for future maintenances

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

hi this looks cool so i am probably going to try it after i get done with work today. i like to play mmos on my computer but i also really like to play games on my tablet so it seems like a good fit for me.

i was confused on the founder packs though. if you buy a founder pack, you can lose those special items permanently, right? but your nametag and stuff would stay?

correct

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the game has a lot of gathering (like a lot, do you want to be able to gather well? gather forever), you pretty much need to be in a guild for protection in the higher tier zones, and combat is a little dull/janky

that said, I mean, I'm having fun but I don't want people to think this is UO

its kind of like they took some UO, they took some EVE, and they made it a game you could play on your browser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

:eyepop: holy poo poo, that avatar :vince:

its true

• Locked thread