Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
In as Nerevarine. Do we have a guild up yet? If not, what is a decent one to join?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I spy a Goonswarm, or a copy-cat.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

i feel like we should have a nice name. like good samaritan, or something that lets people know we are kind souls who just want to help.

You mean "Goon Samaritan" ?

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I don't think you are taking in to consideration the insane amount of replenish rate for resources that they have implemented just for the alpha. With out that it will be very profitable for gatherers to make money selling mats and getting to each tier will take longer. Tier 3 might even sting to lose enough times in a row.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

PsychicToaster posted:

So I should just unlock being able to use t4 and then farm silver with t3 gear in order to buy gear?

If you want to craft, pick one thing and specialize. Hell you could be the bag and cloak guy, or the Axe guy, or the nature stave guy. But nobody will be the T6 melee weapon guy. If you don't enjoy crafting, just as fine. You can gather/buy the mats and find a guildie who is the "T4 plate armor guy" and feed him the mats/silver to get it. Saves you a ton a time and helps him improve. Chances are any decent sized guild will have 1-3 dedicated crafters to any 1 thing.

You could even specialize in gathering, since that will be a thing later on in higher tiers. Crafters might not have time to get gathering up to T6, or might not have a big enough supply. You can barter or straight up sell.

TL:DR
Solo craft to T3, figure out if you want to craft further and pick something. Do not jack-of-all-trade past T3.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
People who are just getting in, or have been lurking as scrubs in the wilderness. I suggest dicking around and making t2 stuff and while getting a feel for the game head towards Buccaneers after you have joined Fate. If you need help getting accepted message me in-game (Nerevarine) and I can get someone to accept you. From buccs make your way North-East through Spine and into Darkshore where our main camp is. There is no tax on the stations so you can craft for cheap and the zone is very safe. If you need some T3 shineys while you gather mats let me know and I will extort you craft you some starter shiz.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

I'm in full T3 now, able to use some T4 weapons, and I'm having a really hard time deciding where to specialize as far as weapon usage goes.
Does anyone have a breakdown on the weapon types and how they fit into PVE/PVP in a practical sense? Like as far as my own jollies go, maces seem cool because they are very energy efficient and can off-heal other players. However, I don't know if that's impratical because in PVP everyone needs X weapon for Y skill or whatever.

Axes seem unreasonably strong and bows unreasonably weak for PVE too.

Bows blow and the dps doesn't stack up. Hammers are really good in PvP because they can stun. Claymores seems really strong, but that is T4. Ice Staff seems good in PvP as well.

PvE the mace still isn't that great unless you are solo.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

Looking at the trees, would I be wrong to assume that the furthest out branches would be the most powerful items to work toward?

In addition to ingame name list, maybe a specialization list would be good to get started on for when beta Rolls around. Would anyone be open to a simple guild forum if I can remember how to set one up? For the future goon guild, not fate mind you.

The farther out you go the higher the tier. Every node in the skill book is a higher tier.

Pretty sure a forum will be required tbh. Also having some dedicated crafters will help a ton. When I say dedicated I mean, ideally, 1 person on plate armor, 1 on leather armor, 1 on cloth armor, 1 on shields, 1 on healer staff, 1 on tools, etc. Too many resources are wasted on people trying to make staves, armor, tools, bags, cloak all by themselves. Alpha I get doing this for since you want to see what everything is like.

Also plate is the most legit armor and, I feel, easiest to get to tier 4. It would be nice to pump to tier four as a guild real fast and have it by like day 3 or sooner. That would pretty much ensure PvP steam rolling early on and dungeon runs before most people. Could even be shorter if everyone pools their gold together or some manchild working adult buys some gold.

I think Fate is getting out-paced right now. We have a lovely alliance and an un-organized PvP group.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Harry Manback posted:

Don't agree on plate being that amazing as you make it out to be. With the magic beam from arcane staves being what it is you need some type of cloth or tome to bring up your MR or you will get destroyed.

Also, like I said Fate structurally isn't anything special. We're part of a minor alliance when the state of the game is two huge power blocks, ACE and VM2, followed by minor alliances like IMP, TCG, and IV. Fate got screwed over the first 3 days by not being big enough or organized enough and now the crafters are a bit split up but I still prefer this setup for alpha testing compared to some of the ridiculously strict rules other guilds have set up with 90% tax rates and forcing members to give resources to crafters. People should have the option to test out crafting lines, especially in an Alpha, while the guild at large focuses on feeding a few active crafters to power through the tiers.

Plate gets de-valued after a while, but early on that is what everyone is rocking and there are hardly any mages at t4. Once mages catch up and are seen in PvP then I absolutely agree with you. I am talking more about post-alpha starts, in alpha everyone should experiment with all kinds of poo poo and figure out what they like most.

quote:

yea for real can we just talk here? we could make a googledocs folder of guides or something instead of some elaborate goon guild site where you have to CONFIRM YOUR GOONHOOD!! to join.

Nobody is talking about Eve and AA levels of bullshit here, but a forums would definitely help keep things organized and cataloged.

quote:

The biggest concern I have for this game is that players are going to use so many EVE tactics that it just sort of becomes EVE. Last night I was in a PVP group for a bit and it was basically "INTEL!? 15 PLAYERS IN X MAP! X up! Y map to Z map NOT SAFE! Group on me!"

...and basically nothing happened. Just ran around looking for a fight that we could win but never engaged because everyone else had bigger numbers. I'm hoping that was just not a good session and not how PVP is going to play out most of the time.

The issue with that was some oval office from our alliance was stream sniping on Twitch from a stream that had a 5m delay. I was so pissed. Not a usual PvP session tbh. Usually we don't get rolled unless they come close to doubling us or catch us by surprise.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

tbh i really just want to farm and raise animals, do you guys think having someone dedicated to that would be useful to the guild?

Very useful. You have to keep the stations and territory(s) fed.

I agree, Fate would make good allies but I am not rolling with them next Alpha. Whether we do our own thing as a dry-run or join someone else. I'll stick it out with Fate for a little longer and might jump ship the last few days of alpha to get a taste of what an organized guild really looks like.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

oh man, the fate nerds hoarded all the loot but i got the strategy down of how it's done. we can put together a goonunism group for loot any time.

Yeah, we need to start running Goon groups to dungeons and gently caress Kelty greed looting everything.

If you want to dungeon run with only goons make sure you fill this out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DooQFcbrxAfl7SyJkag94RFXcnO-1dNaV2nDwtFGWNE/edit#gid=0

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Zotix posted:

3 weeks left. Join banished.

Any goon bros in banished have any pull? Perhaps we can talk to them about all of us joining and have a Goon exodus to the dark side. If most people like this idea either someone on the inside talk to the leader or officer or I can try later on. Bring it to them that we are a close-knit gaming group that isn't large enough to form own guild, are serious about pvp and other poo poo, bring a lot of poo poo to the table and aren't happy with our current guild. Might work, might not. Who cares Alpha.

quote:

What guilds are in the banished alliance? I never see them PvP (I think?). Only guilds I've ever really been in decent fights with have been grief, vendetta2, titans and that finnish guild I guess.

Why don't we just form something ourselves? It's not hard being self sufficient in this game and as a group we could make mad silver together in dungeons and the only thing we might lack is a crafter for t4 and up and that we can just get some other dude outside the guild to make for us for resources and resources isn't really hard to gather solo either.

Because you really need a plot with stations to do it on your own. Otherwise you are paying a poo poo ton of silver in towns to do anything. I guess we could form our own and ally with someone to mooch off their territory, but who the gently caress would ally with a brand new guild at this point? Next Alpha/beta perhaps.

quote:

I'm pretty sure one of the current people in FATE that does lead groups is a goon. Not sure if he'd want to burn a bridge but it would be funny to just drop guild and attack Fate taking their poo poo.

Now that seems like a hilarious idea. I really wish they would promote some of us fucks. Would be awesome to wipe out borrow their guild funds

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 6, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
So here are my plans and if you guys want to jump on and help then that would be appreciated:

I wasn't here the first day or two of alpha so I don't know what the land grab situation was like or what guilds should do day 1 and 2. But day 3 I was on and rockin'. A week from this Monday the 17th I am going to drop guild and form a goon guild of some sort. The ideal is to see how far we can get in a few days of building up our goon island and individual islands as a test for next server. Hammer out a solid game plan and what-not. We can also at that point start running goon only runs and maybe even gate camp some Fate scrubs, since we know how they work. If we do well enough I could even see us GvG taking a territory, so we learn how that mechanic works as well.

If anyone is interested let me know. This is to p much get the administration factors down and learn as much as I can about the guild mechanics before next server.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Still using Fates workstations to get t5 self-sufficiency, running dungeons with them for silver, and still learning all the poo poo tbh. I might do it sooner and see about taking a 3 day weekend in preparation for it. Also trying to figure out how many plebes Goonbros that will join the cause.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

How much of a benefit does a guild island give vs an actual territory? Would it be worth building up a strong guild island first, or focusing on territories?

That is what I want to find out. island gives us as many spots as a private island. Territory gives us a few more. One can be attacked and the other can't. I would say territory is the best best plus a farm spot. Worst case scenario is guild island until we can get something going.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
There is an empty plot in Druids Bay that we could get and Spectre isn't allied with anyone. Perhaps we could talk them in to an alliance. Genesis doesn't do poo poo in that zone and Fate usually only fucks off in Spine. Island is a no go if the taxes aren't going to the guild. Depending on what this patch brings Monday, I might start up the guild Monday.

Who ever said they could put up a forum PM please. It would be nice to have a static repository for information and we could discuss individual issues easier.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Right now in Skull Coast are two plots, one for stations and one farm that are unclaimed. But someone said it is like 100k silver to claim a plot. I can't confirm. If that is the case then we need to really pool our silver together. Those spots would be great because they are close to buccs, the resources go up to like t6-7 and it is limited pvp so you could see a zerg coming to attack.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Asked around and it is only 75k.

Can I get a roll call to see if we can do this? I am thinking it will be doable with 10 players and hopefully get some more from there.

Ninogan posted:

Wow, 100k is quite a lot. If it's that much I'd say we should try and just go into Necropolis with as many as we can and farm there in T3 (t3 cus if we die it doesn't really matter as t3 is basically dirt cheap) and we'll be able to make that 100k in no time at all tbh.

I don't think you can't do necropolis in t3, it breaks after 10m. You need at least the tank in t4 and t4 weapons.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

I'm in but my hours are wonky. I'll have to dig through my old instructions about setting up a simple forum thing. Anyone with more knowledge than myself please feel free to jump on it first.

I suppose we could just do a yahoo group for now?
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wingedpigs/conversations/messages

What about a Steam Group? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PigsonaWing

Yahoo blows rear end.

So looks like after we buy the initial pot, getting t3 stations won't be horribly expensive. Like 5k per station or so, plus resources. With t3 stations that means we can at least make t3 stuff. t3-4 is 11k plus resources, so that is when it will be getting pretty pricey. We can't do the city thing because each plot is like 20k, which is much more expensive then a guild plot. We will also need everyone farming on their islands. If we get some goons and a handful of pubbies I think we have a chance if our count is 20+

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
I made it public for now guys. We can always try necro, but honestly there are so many blue and green dungeons we can run in less active areas it should be fine for a while. At least until we get t4 stations up. I might save us some coin by buying another account and using the 5k gold it comes with. I have a buddy that wants to play anyways.

I was dicking around today in non-pvp zones and all the dungeons are super farmed. I went over to a number of pvp-lite and the dungeons seemed relatively untouched and I didn't see a pvp lite zone with over 4 players in it. Certainly good enough to run for a day or so to get t4 up and going. After that things should fall in line a little easier. I just don't want us to lose any t4 equipment before we get the stations up because we won't be able to replace them cheaply.

Going to see how many goons sign up in steam and go from there.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PigsonaWing

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 8, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

From what I've been told city base tax is 20%. My idea is that our main effort will be out in our forward base, but as far as town stuff, we should grab plots in a city (the corner plots are like 6k silver), and at least put up a t4 repair station. Why let 50% of the silver get deleted when we could do 20-50% in a city, keep most of the tax, and also make silver off of pubbies in town.

Plus, if we can change tax rates based on player criteria like in territories, guildies can repair at base 20%, and pubbies will get competitive market price. Unless I'm missing something, that sounds bomb.

That is an option, or we can just get a t4 repair station up on the guild plot. In which case the 20% goes to the guild. Honestly t3 stations are going to take like 10 mins each to get up with a handful of people collecting t1-3 mats. From there we can prioritize workstations. Repair would probably be priority.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Surface posted:

Yep things are now chugging along and progressing nicely, multiple of the structures are now up and working and we have a good amount of food being grown.

I have no problem with this. But there are a couple of open plots, why don't we pool our silver together and get one of those, then you can set taxes to what you want and the tax money goes in to the guild coffers. That was the whole point to starting a goon guild imo. The island route is too expensive and wasteful.

I am down to either make one or join another. Just as long as we work together to figure out what goons are going to do from the start of next alpha.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Anyone on this morning that can invite?

I have to finish transporting all my poo poo from darkshore then I will be ready to switch over. Do we have TS or Mumble? If not: Karn, do you want to split it with me for the month?

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

It did not take long at all after the goons merged together in Space Violence before we started making ridiculous silver and spreading our good name.

Great fun tonight guys.

I would like to dedicate that last hit to a boss, that took over 5 minutes to down by another guild, to a number of people such as: My mother- thank you for spawning such a troll, Jesus Christ - for all trolling is through your name and most of all the Goon guild - to which we loving own this poo poo.

Spreading the message of the Goon-Reich one boss steal at a time.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Baldbeard posted:

SpaceV goons, I just got us a t4 repair in Freeport for 3k cause someone defaulted on their payment and had uncollected silver. It's a corner shop, and my whole row is open with 7k plots. So if we wana do the town thing while we wait for territory, it's all right there. Base 20% tax, and we could own the whole left row.

If not, hell, we still got cheapest repairs in town now for when we are pvping out of Freeport.

I am down. Buying 4+ spots now and upgrading them. There are 12 spots that we can have total in the top-left section of Freeport. That is about everything we need and it would be at 20% tax, which isn't nearly as noticeable as 50%.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

im sad because i have to work overtime to help cover new QA at work, instead of chopping down trees and amassing a hoard of mats

Could really use your help too.

Should have most stations up to t3 or better today.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Goon guild is called Space Violence, but it won't be on the list of guilds because we are 1337 like that.

Message Koshka, Blazinzero, Nerevarine... for invites.

Can we get the OP updated?

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
We now have a forum to sign up for and discuss things for the alphas. Post in the Auth thread to get added. We will use this to sort out who is going to have what roll next alpha and we can post any money making strats we find.

http://space.goon.ninja/index.php

I'll be back on in an hour or so to get the rest of the military buildings up. We should be rolling in t3 tomorrow and t4 in a day or two. Then it is time to annoy the poo poo out of our neighbors and get all the free t5 we could ever want.

Karnivool posted:

Sounds like we are getting pretty decent numbers in the guild, cant wait until the weekend when i can play during US times. If we need resources for certain buildings let me know and i'll try and fill them up this evening when i'm online. I can craft T4 leather and almost the T4 ranger weapons(hopefully tonight).

I was also thinking of moving my personal island to Freeport and then putting the saddler in there for the guild to use unless we have one already, as buying new horses i a real pain in the rear end.

Honestly, just click on the buildings and find the upgrade tab and see what it is asking for. Usually a ton of t1 stuff. Also we are going to be putting up a guild hall on the guild island in hopes that we can put up guild chests and share those. Def. need help with mats. Thanks mate.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 11, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

In, and just blew $50 more upgrading my founder pack :facepalm:

I am going to be doing this before next alpha too. That starting horse and oxe is OP.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Inc, one sec.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Soma Soma Soma posted:

I'm really sold on this already, after playing for a couple days. Hopefully all of the changes, tweaks, and balancing from now until the launch are for the better, because drat this game is fun.

You haven't even ganked a bunch of players yet. That is when the real fun kicks in!

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Koshka or Surface: Blazin and I really need that guild silver to get all this stuff up to t3 and t4. So far all of this has come out of pocket for the guild. The guild gold would be going to these buildings if we had a plots, but we don't. Can one of you pop on real fast and hook us up so we can finish this and be done with punching trees and rocks all day and get to just melting pubbie faces in t4 gear?

Full list:

Players to message to get invited to Space Violence in-game: Koshka, Surface, Jokine, Blazinzero, Nerevarine, Badlero, Epsilon, Guillo, or Pixels.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 11, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Zasze posted:

Ya like I said last night just shoot me a ingame mail with what you need, i know you dudes have been dropping crazy silver not trying to leave you hanging :shobon:

just easier to keep track that way

Surface gave me like 90k today (I think). I gave 40k to Blazin. I spent 14k for 300 t4 stone and 13k for 300 t4 wood and a bunch more on t3 mats, plus dumped like 18k in two buildings. Honestly if you want to pull from the guild bank and put the silver in to the building yourself that would be cool. Right now we need silver dropped in the t3 archer station, t3 mage station and t3 forge. Or just give it to Blazin or I. We need another silver run later tonight for sure.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Hey Koshka, when you get a chance can you see about tearing down the buildings in the center of our guild island. Blazin and I can't get it to work and we think it has something to do with permissions. Honestly though no loving clue.

Put up a house by the Mage station, it has a chest in there that everyone in the guild can use. I'll get more chests put up tomorrow when I get home from work so we can have crafters dumps mats in there and have gatherers dumps mats in.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 12, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
For any newcomers or nerds that don't know already: Here is a highlight of our shanty town in Freeport. Taxes are only 21% and we have a house up that has chests in them that you can dump resources and equipment in so we can more easily get the goonunism working and the Gooninati can rule Albion!

I reveal to you the hidden images within our construction!

This is when you go afk for about 10m:

Finished the weaver and once I get some silver the Mage station will be up or was it the hunters lodge...gently caress.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 12, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

Surface posted:

Personally I'd love to see the Mage station go up next as thats the tree I am working on :v:

Still need silver? What time will you be on I can try to pop on during lunch.

Mage station is the only thing left to get up. I am personally strapped for silver too. I should still be on in a few hours, if not send it over to Blazin and I'll hit the upgrade button when I wake up for work later tonight.

11k weaver
15k t4 stone
24k mage station
Total- 50k reimbursment would be swell; then we are done with upgrades and can use the guild gold to deck everyone out in t4 (that we will immediately lose in PvP). GET SOME!

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
That is how gear scales in this game though. If it were a t7 elite he would eat both you for breakfast. Seems you can solo a mob easily your tier or 1 below and you usually can solo a mob 1 tier above your. When it comes to elites it takes a couple of people of that tier or a little under. Just seems to be how it scales atm and it takes very specific gear set up; That set up means dick all against mages.

But PvE is still boring and is really just a means to get you PvP monies. So lets form up some gank squads and go lose our gear

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
So who can craft t4 armor? Lets pour some silver to them to stock up the chests then we all can just equip and go.

Forgotton fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 13, 2015

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
We need to get more tonight. I know Pixels is down, Guillo as well and I will be on until about 8:00pm EST.

Until then I'll farm up some t4 mats to drop in the chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Already got 2 full sets of t4 and some tears.

• Locked thread