Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Is this a PVE or PVP oriented game? I can't tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
PVP is my jam, or at least the player-to-player and guild-to-guild interaction/politics that comes with the territory.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Ruggan posted:

Another time, we sniped a different guild's territory that they had failed to pay upkeep on. We re-purchased the territory before they could, and they lost all their building progress as a result. That caused a bit of drama and made for some nice routing PvP.

Sold. Any word on when the next test is coming up? Can I wait with tossing my money at the screen until the start of next month without losing out on play?

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Ruggan posted:

According to their support page (annotation in brackets mine):

I went in for the middle tier a while ago and I definitely feel like I've gotten my money worth out of the alpha tests alone. I don't want to put my words in anyone else's mouth, but I think that a lot of the other people in this thread agree -- they could chime in one way or another. If you're more risk averse or want to see how it all plays out, you could wait for closed beta. You also have the option to upgrade an Epic to Legendary if you want the extra goodies further down the line, although I'm not sure if/when that option will expire.

I am not risk averse, I am poor, but next month I will not be poor and it sounds like the next alpha isn't until at least that, so I'll buy in then. Thanks for the info

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
When is the next test going to be and how much do I have to pay to get in?

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

pixaal posted:

"summer" I believe its still alpha so $50 I believe. You'll probably get a couple alpha tests out of it at this point and the largest amount of fun in the game is going to be the first month or two so its probably worth it if you enjoy this type of game. It might be "Alpha" but the features that are complete are actually complete. Balance is a bit off and some of the stuff ends suddenly (like you can't actually craft everything.

I am someone that is pretty against buying into alpha / beta (I usually get sucked in because hype trains and being drunk / bored). This is the only one I haven't regretted. The one month at a time might really help with that though.

50 dollarbuxes seems like a lot for an alpha. Do they have any announcement for when it's gonna be out? I assume "early 2015" doesn't apply anymore.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Is this game worth $50 yet?

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Eonwe posted:

i personally think good and owns

but it is a f2p game on release

it entirely depends whether you think the items and a month of alpha play time + closed beta access is worth the $50

I mean "alpha" doesn't really mean a lot anymore, I'm in one alpha where the game is practically done and completely playable, and another where it literally had a full launch two months ago and it's still an unfinished buggy mess. How playable is this, and considering it's such a social game - is there a decent playerbase?

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Eonwe posted:

If it were unplayable or not much of a game I'd tell you. I'd still have bought them ( See - ARK (which unoptimized to an almost unplayable level) or Crowfall which just straight up isn't a game), but I'd tell you it was bad.

Albion is close to feature complete at this point, the main thing imho is coming up with balancing. Last time I played it had quite a few people and the number is only going to increase on release when its free to play.

I hate to be hopeful about a sandbox MMO in TYOOL 2015, but I actually am about Albion

Sounds great. Any word of when the beta will be or how long it'll be in beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
well I'm sold. Thanks for the advice

• Locked thread