Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

Customfresh posted:

What does "early 2015" mean? Has there been an estimated date mentioned?

I am curious about this too. All i see is them saying Closed Beta will start Q3 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

So i decided i am going to buy a founder pack so i can get into the winter alpha in a couple of weeks. Did anyone else have interest in a goon guild? Or do we want to just hookup with other guilds so we can make sure we see some of the late game stuff?

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Eonwe posted:

like, what does the endgame seem to be? Is there a lot of crafting/housing stuff, or is it really mostly PvP?

I would assume endgame is getting top tier gear, capturing cities, and i think i saw something about guild casltes

Ruggan posted:

I'm down for either. I was in some guild last alpha (can't remember which) that ended up being the perfect competitive/casual mix. I could probably get back in with them.

If we have enough people, though, I'd always prefer to play in a goon guild. The average IQ tends to be higher, and I'm less likely to be playing with spergy 12 year olds just based on average age of SA. Thing is, we would need at least 10 or so decently active players to not get repeatedly rolled by other groups AND to get a base foothold somewhere decent.

Edit: if you're hovering this thread wondering if you really want to get in on this next alpha, feel free to ask questions!

I would be willing to put in the grind, but i think you are right in us needing a solid 10 players.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

thantos911 posted:

If you decide on joining and picking up a founders pack feel free to use the referral link! For every referral you get, you get extra gold added to your account more then willing to give a 60% you - 40% me split to anyone that uses it, and really a win/win situation. No reason not to.

Thantos - IGN just hit me up if you link and I will mail you the proceeds, I keep track of the referals, plus they have a page on the forum that lists referals as well so easy to track who I owe, etc.

https://albiononline.com/?ref=EWK9S1KN42

I will use your referral link. Although i don't like referrals, it just makes the game feel so scammy.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

god, please don't remind me of that failure.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Agreed. We still need a pretty solid player base to get super organised. Might want to find a guild that would take us in and we can slowly take it over or destroy it when the time is right.

So i just vote for CTS right now.

Eonwe posted:

yea maybe the worst game ive ever played

you could just glitch into a cliff face, set up a macro to mine in 100% safety, and your friend could come by every 10 minutes or so and take all the ore off of you

Or you could glitch into your enemies fort by just walking into it before the ramparts loaded...

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 13, 2015

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I'd like to see a goon who makes good life choices...

But that is a solid list. Maybe a goon guild isn't a terrible idea.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

inkmoth posted:

So, this game still looks fairly interesting to me, but I'm still put off by the unknown testing periods.

Do we have any indication this time around how long the testing period will be, and when it might start? I'll need to see if I will have time to spend on this game, before I pay to play.

The next testing period starts on January 26th and should last about 2-6 weeks ( have heard 4 weeks by most people ). There is going to be one more closed Alpha in the summer, followed by closed then open beta at years end.

Just scrolling through guild recruitment threads, i found a guild named "Genesis empire of fluffy kittens" i think we should join them.

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 15, 2015

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

You can grind silver and buy your items off people. Since there are no items to buy from npcs the economy is suppouse to be 100% player driven.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ugh, so i decided to try and get into vendetta, although they seem like a bunch of turds. But on the bright side, they seem like a good target for infiltrating in the long run.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Jhorphear - applying to vendetta

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

thantos911 posted:

Just don't mention you are a goon, there is some serious goonphobia going around because of goon swarm and people worried goons will invade their game and take it over.

Lol. I never mention goon squad. This ain't my first rodeo.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Think anyone can help me get into one of the bigger guilds? I really think applying to guilds is retarded and apparently my half assed attempt to get into vendetta failed.

Edit: I am in immortals. Not sure how this is gonna work out but I think they got a bunch of peeps

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 21, 2015

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

SamEyeAm posted:

drat I'm looking forward trying this out for the first time on Monday! I love mmo's but my current situation provides me with only sporadic time to sit at my desktop and play, so the idea of logging in on my iPhone or turning on my mobile hotspot and playing on my iPad is really exciting! Even if I only do non-PvP stuff on my iPhone/iPad then do PvP stuff on my desktop when time allows, the idea of always having access to the game world is really awesome.

Just so you know the IOS client wont be released during alpha.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. but they way apple approves apps for the store they would have to pay a huge chunk of money and the alpha test would be over by the time it passes their approval process.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Hey thantos, i just bought a founderpack. it will probably be under my email addy ( bucklane@gmail.com )

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

thantos911 posted:

Cool ill check on it when I get a moment. Sorry about Vendetta not picking you up did they send you a email or something saying you where not in?

hmm does not show yet. probably too early though.

Apparently they tried contacting me on the forums, and i just plain forgot to log in and check my messages. So its kinda my bad on that one lol

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Whats the vendetta website so i can apply

Vendetta closed their application process last saturday

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

SamEyeAm posted:

iPhone wifi hotspot data usage question.

Since AO isn't very resource intensive and runs smoothly on basic computers and even older android phones, do you think the hotspot data usage might be less than playing something like Guild Wars or WoW? After finding out I can't play alpha on my iPad/iPhone I'm looking for another solution, and would like to play on my laptop with the hotspot, but not if I'm going to use 500mb or more a session.

I dont think you would use that much, although it is using the unity engine, so it all depends on how optimized their networking stack is. I would say maybe 85-100mb an hour would be a descent guess.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Biowarfare posted:

did albion do something lately or add a share button or something? i moderate some forums and run some other stuff and am seeing a disgustingly massive uptick on new account signup spam linking to the albion site; in addition to hundreds more bans per day on my twitch chat for those urls

They implemented free founders packs if you get so many referrals. The program is stupid and has done nothing but cause people to spam referral links.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

The client is published for download!

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Eonwe posted:

what do you guys think about remaking the thread on Games

I think we'd get a lot more people interested, especially since winter alpha is starting up soon

But it's an mmo. I think it belongs here. And I wouldn't worry about a new thread until open beta or release.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ar all the $50 scrubs as excited as i am to play tonight at 3am? I might make it an early night just so i can wake up early and play.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Seeing as how small/retarded most of the guilds are i think a small goon guild could flourish. I think plans for a goon guild next alpha should be put in motion. I am gonna run with a non-goon guold this alpha so i can learn the ropes with them then steal their precious info.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Whats the land grab status? If there any land left? or is it all gone.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I've been playing all day and I'm enjoying it. Got to tier 3 and I'm taking a break for the day. I'm in with immortals and it looks like they are fairly try hard. Bumber is they are all European so I can't understand them. Lol.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I think the only other way is raising one up through farming.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Boring posted:

It should be in a message to you (check your mail tab) i just equipped it straight away.

Has anyone completed the 'Journeyman Toolmaker Crafter' task?? it seems to want me to craft 'Novice Tools or Accessories of 387 fame' since there is like 6 goddamn tools to craft, all of which i have, what the hell do you do, keep crafting replicas and waste resources so i can do the achievement and progress? wtf

I just picked a tool and crafted that tool till i got one of excellent quality, then moved on to the next one. Also remember you can salvage items at the repair shop to recover some of your matts.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I am thoroughly enjoying it. I even did a resource run on my phone today while i was at work. Very nice.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ugh. There were only 3 people online in my guild for NA prime time. That was seriously disappointing. How is fates roster for the PST time zone. And what city do they run out of?

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Forgotton posted:

In as Nerevarine. Do we have a guild up yet? If not, what is a decent one to join?

No official goon guild. But I think most goons are joining fate. I'm possibly even thinking about jumping over. My current guild has no players on NA time zones

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

So i just had something unfun happen. Loaded into a zone dead with like 9 dudes standing on my body. I guess there is a bug where you wont zone in with the invulnerability debuff. That was pretty loving weak.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

I jumped ship to fate and those guys are pretty loving chill. We ran a murder train today and ended up making a bit of money. Def had a good time. I've got pics to post soon.

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 1, 2015

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Baldbeard posted:

Hah, so I decided to buy the veteran's pack because I'm dumb and didn't realize that it doesn't give access to the current beta. Well, gently caress it, ill just pay another 25$ and get in game....
Except, now it says "payment failed" when I use the same information that I just used to buy the vet pack. Nothing back from support yet, and I have a feeling it won't get sorted for several days. :(

Check with your bank. They could be blocking foreign purchases

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

The whole loot fiasco was some seriously funny poo poo. But that is the risk you take when you just recruit anymore. I would like to think that goonunism would make this a non issue. Also the fastest clicker gets the loot is kind of a poo poo method, i hope they fix that.

And i would also like to take a moment to nominate Stinkfist as the supreme commander of the greater goon union. ( possibly call it the "stink palm" or "Ray Rice Apologists" ).

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Zotix posted:

Are most people planning on staying with Fate right now?

Yes, these dudes are goog enough for this alpha, plus their antics are pretty much goon like.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ninogan posted:

I'm really liking the game and it's awesome to see a full loot MMO that doesn't suck completely but I have no motivation to play as they will just wipe everything in like 3 weeks and the game isn't probably launching for another year. Feels bad :(

Yeah its gonna suck when the servers go down in 3 weeks, but i am really enjoying it! I might have to go play UO private shard untill the next alpha though.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Harry Manback posted:

That was actually my plan too, don't know which ones are still good though.

I was just gonna pick whatever one the goons were playing. I think UO forever was ok last time i played it.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

Crap. Can you use someones referral AFTER you've already created an account on their site? (prior to buying in as founder of course)

Nope, referral link has to be used before account creation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Fog Tripper posted:

Just saw Stinkfist looking for a guild in chat. :psyduck:

Will probably continue to kill mans in ArmA once this goes down.

he is trolling.

edit: he is an officer and probably the most knowledgeable of all the officers.

3x edit: also suggesting "Sharts and Gargles" as a guild name

jhorphear fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 3, 2015

• Locked thread