Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
This is an appalling travesty.

Cerberus had three heads, drat it. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Negative Entropy posted:

Seems Lovecraftian to me.

Oh come on. I fail to see anything squamous, Cyclopean or rugose in those images.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Cerberus is an etymological joke.
It's got (disputed) roots in a Proto-Indo-Eurpean word "k̑érberos" which means "spotted."
Hades named his dog Spot.

I too read Skin Game. :colbert:

Cerberus deserves three heads.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I think there are four of the four-headed angels. One for each cardinal direction or something.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Kanthulhu posted:

The whole idea is to show the christians how annoying they are to others. If they taste their own poison maybe they will stop pushing their stupidity around so others stop doing the same to them.

Because that worked so well for Muslim Extremists sects, the Westboro Baptist Church, the Anabaptists in Wittenberg, etc.

I'm being a dick, but you see my point.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

Isn't that the plot of Prometheus? Anyway, movies about aliens creating people are slightly more entertaining than movies based on flawed King James Bible translations of stories about Moses or Jesus or Noah, so I'm going to go with the alien thing on that basis alone.

And the Vorlons/Shadows of Babylon 5, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

nomadologique posted:

angels are shown in this passage to be basically god's heavenly machinery, any attribution of anthropomorphic nature to them is a misunderstanding; the angel guarding eden, for instance, is not well-differentiated from the sword which points in all directions; these angels are not well-differentiated from the chariot-throne they compose

Interesting. Why is that and do you happen to have an anthropologist or biblical scholar reference for this interpretation that goes into more depth?

• Locked thread