Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Here's the thread for you to post, sans irony, about the things we should probably all be honest about at some point.

- There are a lot of bad shows on TV, and bad songs on the radio, and that will never go away. That's just how pop culture works and it's something we're gonna have to deal with.

- We should be living healthier lifestyles when it comes to eating and exercise.

- We should probably be paying for the movies and music that we pirate or otherwise obtain through illegal means, even though the people holding the copyrights are 99% likely to be shitheads.

- Circumcision should be left completely up to the parents of the minor, as it would were it any other legitimate medical procedure.

- No music genre is inherently bad or good, only the specific songs can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mookface posted:

I disagree with you about guardians having final say in a minor's medical procedures. If we are being honest itt I feel that parents who refuse to have life saving procedures performed on their children should have them removed from their care.

Whether that be blood transfusions or organ transplant or whatever, remove the child from their care and perform the procedure. That is my two cents in the honesty thread

I feel like the utilitarian approach is the best way to look at this- basically if it's a good idea in general to give the parents the final say on these matters you should probably just apply it to every situation to be on the safe side.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
- I didn't get my driver's license til I was an adult but also didn't really have anywhere to go before that

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Gaunab posted:

you must be really fat and ugly

Ever heard of Tinder? Dating sites are full of normal looking people these days.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
My dad and I accidentally hit my brother's cat coming home one day and ran inside to tell him and acted like someone else did it. Still feel bad to this day but I could never tell him after this long :smith:

• Locked thread