Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Looking forward to this, I missed outdoor environments and shops in the first one, modders did some interesting things with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brackhar posted:

An entire party of rats is in my future.
Here's some portrait material for your all-rat party

http://daarken.deviantart.com/art/Justin-206018161
http://daarken.deviantart.com/art/Mrs-Brisby-206241909
http://daarken.deviantart.com/art/Nicodemus-206018093

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

nftyw posted:

Secret of NIMHrock
NOICE!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Section Z posted:

Totally gonna beat Grimrock 1 first
This is totally unrelated to the first one, right? No need to play them in order?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Grimrock 1 had like half a paragraph's worth of plot.
Nah, I mean they dont have anything like bonuses from loading saves of the first game

Think I stopped halfway through because the flat and linear levels were getting to me.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Speaking of custom portraits, the ones from the first game weren't working. Turns out they only load if you add "_male" or "_female" to the end of the filename.

No actual difference for these in game so I just batch rename all portraits male.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Brackhar posted:

Also, Legend of NIMHrock is underway!

Did you make Mrs. Frisby a Fire Battlemage?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Earth is just a cheap/underrepresented school as usual. I guess it's good for hybrids who don't want to specialize hardcore in casting or something, I don't know.
Wasn't this the same way in Grimrock 1? Maybe they should ditch the classical elements.

I hear this game is more moddable than the first, does that include things like skills or spells?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Decided to remake my party after reading about the Alchemist in this thread... someone already did a Secret of Nimh group so I'm going with a Mouse Guard group.

:coffeepal:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Aargh I wasted a gold key on a Strength Light Weapon. The altar with the arcane shield in front of the graveyard.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Metos posted:

That's what quicksave is for!
I suppose so. Cost me roughly twenty minutes though. Clearly I need to save more often.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

goldjas posted:

I'm just floored by the fact that you went 20 minutes in an old school style dungeon crawler without hitting F5. I can barely last a minute before I have to quicksave again in these types of games.
I decided to go without a map for some reason too. Not a paper one either. Testing my memory

Jackard fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Oct 21, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

Oh, I've been wondering how to attack or fight at all while underwater. Is that what the spears and harpoons can do?
Cant imagine a time I would ever fight underwater unless theres some trick to not drowning

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Is "Meditation Spire" not to be used for meditation? I tried resting there twice in a row and there sure is an implausible number of elemental ambushing me

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

^^^^^^
I saw the reports for the Alchemist while still on the beach and quickly remade my party. Thanks all :coffeepal:

Cascade Failure posted:

Check your map after resting and being ambushed
Ah sorry, no map here. are you saying a four elemental ambush is supposed to happen? I just chose to stop there for the night and have yet to investigate further

Jackard fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 24, 2014

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

lesbian baphomet posted:

Does the Shield spell only affect the caster, or the whole party? I'm wondering if there's any point in ever casting it with my backrow wizard.
Caster is the only HUD that starts glowing so I assumed it was caster only.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I thought the drawback to resting in Grimrock 1 was respawning enemies?

I remember one level having a seemingly unending stream of spiders.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

So I think the reason my old save was deleted was because I only had the Autosave and the Quicksave, so when I started a new game and used autosave and quicksave, it overwrote them. It'd be really great if the game didn't do that, but until it doesn't, consider this a warning to any of you starting new saves :v:
How else would it work? Autosaves and Quicksaves do what they say on the tin.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

I have never played a game in my life that didn't separate autosaves from different game files
Goondolences. Now you have!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I suggest bringing one Alchemist along.
Uhh weren't people warning against this earlier, saying the herb growth benefits were negligible?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

This editor is neat but also really finicky when it comes to mixing terrain

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I'm fine with hidden buttons for optional content but some of these I need to progress in the game and that's not cool. The Mind Over Matter puzzle gave me way more trouble than it should have, for example.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It's Old School or nothin'

• Locked thread