Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Friction posted:

Oh god, It's here. That intro was nice.

Outraged that the intro showed four humans in the cage! Outraged I say! There are no humans in my party! It's all rats, bugs, lizards, and cows here.

(this game is gorgeous and I love it already)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

So if I cast a fire spell on a dude and the numbers are red instead of white, is that super effective or is that telling me that the spell type is ineffective? I genuinely can't tell. On a few enemies, it seemed like Shock was doing more damage than the fire spell when the number was red, but then other times (like on the little tree stump dudes), the number was red and I felt like I was really hurting them. Or alternatively, is it just a critical hit? Because if it is, then I'm not getting criticals on anybody but my sweet insectoid battlemage, Professor Stagcrown.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Metrohunter posted:

Anybody with minotaurs found any skulls yet? I'm in garden area with the river and haven't found any yet.

I've found one skull so far, in a secret in the river area. Speaking of the river area, I'm slightly stuck. There's a sign that says "with a keen eye and sharp aim, they entered" but I guess I just don't have a keen eye because I don't see anything to hit :(

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

Search around, on the opposite side of the bridge to the sign is an exposed area with a pressure pad you can throw some poo poo onto

Thanks friend.

While finding something else to do, I discovered that there's loads of fun poo poo to dig up in the graveyard if you're an rear end in a top hat!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Verisimilidude posted:

Also, I found a note that says "I can see the shrine right beneath here. If only I had more provisions." what does this mean?

I don't quite remember the other ones, but I think this one is referring to where there's a nook to place things on besides a plaque that says something about gluttony. if you put a few pieces of food on it, it opens a secret door

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Have healing pots and lots of spammable multi-target damage ready when you find the Blunderbuss.

This scared the poo poo out of me when it happened, but it's not actually that bad once you get your bearings. Immediately after you teleport, right next to you is a corner you can wedge yourself into so that only one of the mummies/mummy packs can hit you at once, and then it's just a matter of patience.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

sushibandit posted:

I could have sworn I was hemmed in on all four sides - I ended up killing one of the "single" mobs and ran into his corner. Burned two health potions though. God bless poison cloud.

Oh, you are. That was what I meant, sorry. Kill one of the small ones and steal his spot :black101:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

These ice elemental enemies can eat a whole bucket full of poo poo. I'm playing on easy because the puzzles don't change and I'm really bad at the combat and these dudes are really punishing me for my inability to remember which keys turn and which keys strafe.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I found the pie! :buddy:

Man, a cache of food was exactly what I needed too. I spend so long being bad about puzzles that I keep running low.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Holy poo poo, that barren desert :stonklol: I don't think I'm good enough at combat for that. Do those mummies spawn infinitely or was I actually whittling them down? It seemed like a great place to farm exp if nothing else

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

and another note that talks about a guy with 6 vassals, it came with the mirror gauntlets. I don't see anywhere with 7 sarcophagus though.

Hint: This is deeper in the pyramid, not near the other sarcophagus rooms, and it's opened with a hidden switch.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Flashing Twelve posted:

I think it might be (Pyramid end spoiler):

The first big golem in the desert area (the one with infinity mummies) that you kill will drop a Power Gem.

Not quite true it seems. First one I killed just dropped the meteor plate chest. Second one dropped the Power Gem. It's probably just randomly assigned

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Alright, so I hate to say it, but I think I might be an idiot.

I've got three elemental spheres, four power gems, and no idea where the Water shrine is.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

No, I found the Air shrine in the Hamlet.

I don't remember ever getting a clue like that, although it's possible that I'm just obtuse. I definitely haven't gotten to the middle area of Sleet Island yet though so that sounds like what I'm missing.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Pierzak posted:

Where's the blunderbuss anyway? It's the only gun I've missed.

Fffffuck. :sigh:

It's on a pedestal out in the open so I'm quite impressed that you missed it. It's also a very mean trap.

I haven't finished my first game but I felt like I've done so much wrong that I decided to start a new game. All lizards, named after lizard people from comic books (Killer Croc, the Lizard, King Cobra, and Copperhead), all with Endure Elements. Piece of poo poo elementals can :getin:

edit - errrr, I just went to load up the games and while I was going to stick with the lizards for a bit, it looks like I don't have a choice? The saves with my other team are gone :psyduck:

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 25, 2014

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

So I think the reason my old save was deleted was because I only had the Autosave and the Quicksave, so when I started a new game and used autosave and quicksave, it overwrote them. It'd be really great if the game didn't do that, but until it doesn't, consider this a warning to any of you starting new saves :v:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

That's exactly how quick and auto save work in literally every game ever made. :psyduck:

I have never played a game in my life that didn't separate autosaves from different game files - what loving games are you people playing?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Pierzak posted:

:psyduck: Pretty much 95% of them? If the game doesn't give you separate player profiles, assume that autosaves/quicksaves are shared, it's just common sense.

CuwiKhons posted:

I have never played a game in my life that didn't separate autosaves from different game files

Maybe I just don't play the right genres of games, but I've seriously never run into this and nothing in game indicated that it would do that. Sorry I didn't psychically guess that a game in the year 2014 couldn't differentiate between separate parties.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

There was definitely a pattern for the second one, although it took me a minute to figure out.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

How many power gems are in the pyramid/desert? I saved it for last and I've got all four elemental essences, plus one extra gem. Are all the rest in the pyramid or am I missing one somewhere?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Bhodi posted:

One in the desert, two in the pyramid. one in the castle, I think.

Oooh, so I'm on track? Nice. Thanks!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I haven't tested it but I want to say it automatically resets the crystal cooldown after you do something major like beat a boss. I definitely noticed that a save crystal was always ready to use after I beat a boss even if I had just used it beforehand.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

armoredgorilla posted:

I'd change the human barb to a lizardman barb and toss on the resist all elements trait, but otherwise, yes.

I just beat the game with my all lizard team and I cannot overstate enough how good high resists are.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

seorin posted:

Pretty much all of the elementals are fuckers in their own way. Earth is probably the least problematic, with ice a close second. Fire and air are both complete assholes.

I never had a problem with fire elementals. Just throw fire shield up and tank the hit :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

MTV Crib Death posted:

Speaking of that, do we ever get a sheet with the other words that aren't translated? I still can't solve the cypher in Twigroot.

You will never get another "cheat sheet". People have successfully translated it though, and it's not complicated if you want to try to figure it out on your own. The new "words" aren't any more complex, you just have to think of what would make sense in context and try it. Or you could do what I did and look it up :v:

• Locked thread