Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you irl
Jan 22, 2014

SHISHKABOB posted:

jesus loving christ dude I'm applying for jobs while I'm a student in order to make my life easier ok. Being a student is the most important thing and that's what I'm focusing on. Having some nice part time job while I'm a student will help pay for poo poo and make life easier. How loving hard is this to comprehend.

jesus loving christ dude it is incomprehensible jesus loving christ dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys hug it out

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i... i.. don't care

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ill give you a job, op. Send me your coordinates

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
Does you college have a fitness center? If so get a job there. Through college I worked in the campus weight room. Not only was it the easiest job I've ever had, I also got to workout while getting paid for it.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i have an alright job now, but i've always wanted to work at gamestop. i figure one of my co-workers would be an 8.5 who thinks shes a 4 and likes video games because she has low self-esteem and we would have 1.5 children together. with the inevitable digital games takeover, i have to act soon or the dreams of my youth will be impossible to fulfill. decisions. decisions.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Waroduce posted:

I dont understand why u would be happy in a straight salary job... like u have a hard cap on wot the company is going to pay you no matter what you do. That fuckin sucks, and you have to negotiate raises and all that bullshit

If I want a raise I just go sell some poo poo to someone.

Nice speech Levene, if you actually take the time to get valuable skills and experience, you get a good enough salary and benefits to laugh at anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck doing sales.

"These leads are BULLSHIT"

BASF
Jun 16, 2011

by Ralp
Y'all niggas is bitter. Hating on a nigga like this?
Sorry your life choices didn't pan out , bet you thought life was a big bowl o' cherries. enjoy your eventually meaningless death.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ashgromnies posted:

sales is dumb, market is flooded with lovely salespeople cuz of dumbass college kids getting "business degrees"

Sales is for useless sacks of poo poo who lack any real skills.

So is management.

If you're into sales and want management, you could always apply at Target or Enterprise. Lots of useless sacks of poo poo with no real life skills working at both of those places.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
OP please update. Thx

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Why at 22 you lazy gently caress? I started working at 18 and that's like the oldest acceptable age to start working already

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

SHISHKABOB posted:

jesus loving christ dude I'm applying for jobs while I'm a student in order to make my life easier ok. Being a student is the most important thing and that's what I'm focusing on. Having some nice part time job while I'm a student will help pay for poo poo and make life easier. How loving hard is this to comprehend.

man if this is how you react to dudes on an internet forum giving you poo poo customer service is going to eat you alive

dodo seeks refugium
Aug 26, 2010
working is for saps and suckers - 'i started working at 14 you bums' congrats for jumping on a pointless treadmill of drudgery and toil way earlier than you needed to.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
I've enjoyed all my jobs bc I am gregarious and have a sunny disposition and my cheerfulness is contagious

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

dodo seeks refugium posted:

working is for saps and suckers - 'i started working at 14 you bums' congrats for jumping on a pointless treadmill of drudgery and toil way earlier than you needed to.

It owns to graduate college with no debt.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

SHISHKABOB posted:

that doesn't make sense

look all I want is a job to do while I'm at school so that I can save up some money and stop relying on my parents so much for money

like if I work 20 hours a week at 7 bucks an hour thats 140 a week sounds p good to me, working that job will pay for my rent!

dude but what about taxes taken out of your check? there will be a fair amount. and also gas and food and car insurance etc. etc.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

BASF posted:

Y'all niggas is bitter. Hating on a nigga like this?
Sorry your life choices didn't pan out , bet you thought life was a big bowl o' cherries. enjoy your eventually meaningless death.

lol if you dont think all death is meaningless

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress do you think I want the money for?? Hookers and blow?????

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i assued weed and cheesy snacks

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

klapman posted:

man if this is how you react to dudes on an internet forum giving you poo poo customer service is going to eat you alive

Is this post real

Somehow I believe it to be, because id like it to be?

shiftless
May 18, 2005

If it doesn't work out there's always fiverr. It's not like you'd be accustomed to going out or having expectations in life or anything.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sales is for useless sacks of poo poo who lack any real skills.

So is management.

If you're into sales and want management, you could always apply at Target or Enterprise. Lots of useless sacks of poo poo with no real life skills working at both of those places.

Someone selling something somewhere keeps u employed. Either way above or way below you, someone is convincing someone else to give yo company money

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Nice speech Levene, if you actually take the time to get valuable skills and experience, you get a good enough salary and benefits to laugh at anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck doing sales.

"These leads are BULLSHIT"

I closed a deal with $536,000 in monthly billable revenue this morning tell me more about how to improve my pay

There isnt a salary in the world id take short of a ceo somewhere.

Lol if you work off leads and arent introduced to decision makers at social and networking events. My biggest deals, apart from goverment poo poo, have come from cigar bars and conferences

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

What the gently caress do you think I want the money for?? Hookers and blow?????

yeah but you can't really survive on 7 dollars an hour for 20 hours a week

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i must compose posted:

yeah but you can't really survive on 7 dollars an hour for 20 hours a week

no loving poo poo

i live off my parents right now

i live in an apartment, i have no income other than what my parents give me

i am a student

i am getting a job to supplement myself and not rely on my parents so much

this is temporary, this is not a permanent life goal being achieved right now

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yuo seem pretty high strung itt friend

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

don't listen to him op, you'll be megafucked if you get to 25 or something being a neverwork permastudent.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
unless you're like a doctor or something

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

Someone selling something somewhere keeps u employed. Either way above or way below you, someone is convincing someone else to give yo company money

Salesmen are also experts at rationalizing how they're useless sacks of poo poo with no real skills.

I have to constantly clean up their messes, that's how I know. They can't even change a lightbulb on their own.

SHISHKABOB posted:

no loving poo poo

i live off my parents right now

i live in an apartment, i have no income other than what my parents give me

i am a student

i am getting a job to supplement myself and not rely on my parents so much

this is temporary, this is not a permanent life goal being achieved right now

Do your parents also pay for a car? Because that would be an excellent reason for us old people to hate you more.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 23, 2014

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Salesmen are also experts at rationalizing how they're useless sacks of poo poo with no real skills.

I have to constantly clean up their messes, that's how I know. They can't even change a lightbulb on their own.

Mmmm im lovin all this hate. Let it flow. Did a salesmen gently caress ur wife

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Are you a janitor

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Crewmine posted:

Are you a janitor

the term is custodian

Hungry Joe
Nov 27, 2006

DDFH
Do textbook stores still exist OP? I did that through most of college and it was awesome. No more book purchasing

You should do that

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Waroduce posted:

Mmmm im lovin all this hate. Let it flow. Did a salesmen gently caress ur wife

how's your quota for this cycle?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
OP if you're serious you're kind of a fuckup already. What were you doing during summers up until now? It is good however that you are still in college, that is legitimately a saving grace.

Before you get too far down the chain of applying for every fast food and retail position in your college town I would consider what it is you want to do with your science degree. If you want to do sciency things, you're going to be SOL if you finish your undergraduate without research experience (and more importantly connections). If that's something you're interested in you need to start asking around yesterday to see if there are any profs with projects you can work on. A lot of those kinds of jobs aren't listed and you sorta just need to meet with your profs and talk about their work or something, look for ones that publish a lot in topics you like, read their papers, then ask them about the projects.

If you sorta just want to go the WASPy route of college degree = office job somewhere your uncle works at or whatever then I'd still recommend employment through the school because they tend to pay better and give you more downtime to just get paid to do homework. Libraries, comp sci labs, tutoring centers, etc are all great options.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

how's your quota for this cycle?

I never have to worry about hitting quota because I get a cut of any service done on an account ive sold, and due to the size of the accounts ive sold service puts me over goal without having to do anything. This will not change for at least the next 48 months

:xd:

I could literally not do anything and make money, but I like money alot so I want all of it. I also make 25% on software and 35% on hardware when im over quota so poo poo is nice

:snoop:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Could u not hack it and got fired from a sales job

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Waroduce posted:

I never have to worry about hitting quota because I get a cut of any service done on an account ive sold, and due to the size of the accounts ive sold service puts me over goal without having to do anything. This will not change for at least the next 48 months

:xd:

I could literally not do anything and make money, but I like money alot so I want all of it. I also make 25% on software and 35% on hardware when im over quota so poo poo is nice

:snoop:

nice fat cock you have hanging out there

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

nice fat cock you have hanging out there

Ur wife liked it too

So did ur mom

:gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Waroduce posted:

Ur wife liked it too

So did ur mom

:gizz:

I'm gay

my mom is single so it's none of my business who she fucks but it disappoints me that she'd gently caress you

• Locked thread