Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im 24, got the first job I interviewed for at 23, and I make six figures

:snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Tsinava posted:

enjoy your nepotism. you live in a world where no one can touch you.

Actually i started in sales, unrelated to anyone in the company and am by far the youngest employee in the company and closed one of the largest public entities in the United states to a contract, earning me a fat commission and a pay raise

Thnx tax payers!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Sales is the best job if u can do it

I could bash a babys skull in, wear its tiny cranium as a hat, bathe the hallways in its blood, and nail it to my door in the center of a 5 point star all while dedicating the sacrafice to satan and no one would give a single gently caress

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Everyone who works in sales is a sociopath

This but unironically

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ashgromnies posted:

sales is dumb, market is flooded with lovely salespeople cuz of dumbass college kids getting "business degrees"

I dont even have a business degree, but ya there are alot of lovely sales ppl but most flame out in 3-6months

I sell enterprise software now but I want to get into pharmaceuticals after my largest clients contract expires bc thats where all the hotties go and its easier to make more $$$

I dont know poo poo about pharmaceuticals or science but it doesnt even matter thats the beauty of sales

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I dont understand why u would be happy in a straight salary job... like u have a hard cap on wot the company is going to pay you no matter what you do. That fuckin sucks, and you have to negotiate raises and all that bullshit

If I want a raise I just go sell some poo poo to someone.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Secks Cauldron posted:

Sales is loving awful. I hate interacting with people so much.

I hate people to but you just pretend to be their bff while you're with them and it ez, im friendly as gently caress 9-5 but benith this smooth, friendly personality is a burning desire to be left alone and not talk to anyone. But I think of it like this all I gotta do is smile and be friendly and listen to ur bullshit about ur kids or wife or mistress or whatever and support the same cityname sportsteam as u for u to sign this agreement than ur paying me to be your bff

I can do that.

My boss is the same way he hates people and is grouchy as gently caress but infront of clients he is the friendliest man you ever met

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

yeah so uh don't settle for a poo poo job? The first job you get doesn't have to be the job you have the rest of your life lmao

Pursuing ur dreams doesn't always pay the bills and keep u fed

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys hug it out

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sales is for useless sacks of poo poo who lack any real skills.

So is management.

If you're into sales and want management, you could always apply at Target or Enterprise. Lots of useless sacks of poo poo with no real life skills working at both of those places.

Someone selling something somewhere keeps u employed. Either way above or way below you, someone is convincing someone else to give yo company money

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Nice speech Levene, if you actually take the time to get valuable skills and experience, you get a good enough salary and benefits to laugh at anyone unfortunate enough to be stuck doing sales.

"These leads are BULLSHIT"

I closed a deal with $536,000 in monthly billable revenue this morning tell me more about how to improve my pay

There isnt a salary in the world id take short of a ceo somewhere.

Lol if you work off leads and arent introduced to decision makers at social and networking events. My biggest deals, apart from goverment poo poo, have come from cigar bars and conferences

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Salesmen are also experts at rationalizing how they're useless sacks of poo poo with no real skills.

I have to constantly clean up their messes, that's how I know. They can't even change a lightbulb on their own.

Mmmm im lovin all this hate. Let it flow. Did a salesmen gently caress ur wife

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

how's your quota for this cycle?

I never have to worry about hitting quota because I get a cut of any service done on an account ive sold, and due to the size of the accounts ive sold service puts me over goal without having to do anything. This will not change for at least the next 48 months

:xd:

I could literally not do anything and make money, but I like money alot so I want all of it. I also make 25% on software and 35% on hardware when im over quota so poo poo is nice

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Could u not hack it and got fired from a sales job

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

plain blue jacket posted:

nice fat cock you have hanging out there

Ur wife liked it too

So did ur mom

:gizz:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

So is your job like calling up various businesses and trying to get them to agree to contracts where your company is their sole supplier of toilet paper? When people say they're in sales I kind of picture them as telemarketers that just go after bigger fish than individuals but I dunno if that's actually accurate.

I work for an enterprise software company that does some consulting and management poo poo as well. Your picture of sales is accurate as far as how someone starts in sales. Its how I started, you pound the phones all day, try to move numbers and hit quota, and pray someone buys whatever bullshit youre selling.

They realized I read gud so I started doing ITBs/RFQs and that kind of poo poo for public entities like colleges, state/fed government and large corporations, which is basically reading through pages and pages of specifications and contracts, creating a proposal and than going to do a song and dance infront of a board of directors, C-level people or gov officals about why your bullshit is better than someone elses bullshit even tho your bullshit is probably more expensive. So I moved into that division full time out of like classic sales and its nice. I wanna do it all, so I write it, submit it, present it and do project management and implementation for it if we win it. Other guys specialize or only do a part. I wanna make all the money, I dont like splitting so I try to do everything myself.

Alot of sales guys do what you describe, we have a whole bunch of people in offices around the country pushing fuckin printers and liscenses like that. Im not a fan, and but i showed em I could do it so I could get out and up.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

ashgromnies posted:

meanwhile I go to conferences and it directors from large state universities talk to me and are like "we might wanna purchase your product" and I don't get anything special for helping them out, man gently caress sales people, non-sales should get commission too if they help

Youre providing a warm lead, someone should at least give you a kick back. If I sell something one of our database dudes or someone give me an in to, I try to get them gift cards or take em out for drinks

you irl posted:

"yes colonel, forums poster waroduce did sell you x. no, x isn't possible. no, you're not actually going to get x. yes, forums poster waroduce will still keep your money."

this is my job

Thnx for covering me <3

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

BV posted:

You're in sales. Lol.

I paid 19,000$ cash for my new car 4 months ago.

I could get a nicer car, but im not really into cars and ima beat it up driving all over so I went with that

Shoulda seen the dudes face after all the negotiation and I was like im payin cash what can you do for me

I like dis :snoop:

Cash rules everything around me, CREAM, get the money, dolla dolla bills yall

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In unrelated news to what a fuckin baller I am I went to a career fair to recruit some new ppl and college kids are fuckin lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im just past 23, im the poo poo, look at me

Under25 over six figures god blesd

• Locked thread