Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Last night he said they're gonna X-Ray it.

He smashed it into a Falcon helmet while throwing a football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It had to be McCoy to break his hand and not McCown. We just can't catch a break this year. Maybe we will finally get the elusive franchise QB for once in our existence.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SIGN MATT SCOTT

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sword_man.gif posted:

Lovie is defending the crap out of McCown

Well my ~5 win prediction is based on benching McCown so let me just lower that to ~4. Definitely going into the bye week without a win barring some amazing meltdown.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

John Brown posted:

Is this a real thing for a QB who doesn't run that often?
From what I saw last year his throws lost velocity and accuracy in the 4th quarter a lot.

Glennon's 1st half stats in 2013: 65 COMP%, 7.2 YPA, 13 TD 2 INT, 102.7 QB RAT
Glennon's 2nd half stats in 2013: 53 COMP%, 5.2 YPA, 6 TD 7 INT, 63.7 QB RAT

Attempts 1-10: 61 COMP%, 7.9 YPA
Attempts 11-20: 65 COMP%, 6.8 YPA
Attempts 21-30: 58 COMP%, 4.8 YPA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

It had to be McCoy to break his hand and not McCown. We just can't catch a break this year. Maybe we will finally get the elusive franchise QB for once in our existence.

You had a serviceable one until Schiano broke him forever.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just don't get it? Why do people stay if there's such abuse going on? I mean, you can leave, I know it's hard and you think it might get better but it's not going to be better. You can't change things. I still don't get why Tampa Bay even bothered playing in the 4th quarter

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

No Butt Stuff posted:

You had a serviceable one until Schiano broke him forever.

Glennon is probably just as serviceable as Josh Freeman would've been by this point if he's stayed. Freeman isn't great either and has just started digressing a lot, and yeah, we could say it's because of Schiano, but he never showed any real good decision making processes after that one stalwart season where he was okay with TB, so I'm inclined to put him on a Matt Cassel pedestal of, "Oh, maybe this guy is okay after a-uh-wait, no, he isn't great either." As a huge critic of Glennon when he got drafted, he's proven that he can, you know, more or less play the position in a halfway respectable loss.

There is no good rationale for continuing to make Josh McCown your starting quarterback though.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

sword_man.gif posted:

Lovie is defending the crap out of McCown

It is so weird to see "Bucs coach lovie smith"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Madcosby posted:

I just don't get it? Why do people stay if there's such abuse going on? I mean, you can leave, I know it's hard and you think it might get better but it's not going to be better. You can't change things. I still don't get why Tampa Bay even bothered playing in the 4th quarter

:lol: glad I read the whole thing before telling you to go gently caress yourself.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ozu posted:

Did Lovie ever know special teams? They had Toub. I'm pretty sure he was given free reign.

I don't think it's fair to give all the credit to Toub. Lovie did emphasize special teams a lot and allowed Toub to use starters on it when he wanted to.

Keeping Hester was a tough call. They saved just under $3 million by releasing him. It was probably the right call even if it created a huge hole. They didn't know how to use him on offense and he's in a much better situation in Atlanta.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Niwrad posted:

Keeping Hester was a tough call. They saved just under $3 million by releasing him. It was probably the right call even if it created a huge hole. They didn't know how to use him on offense and he's in a much better situation in Atlanta.

Hester himself even told the front office he wanted to be removed from the offense in 2013. *shrug* I'm happy he's more comfortable as a 3rd/4th option.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm going off what he said yesterday. Sounded like he wanted to be a receiver in Chicago by his comments. Seemed to blame the coaching staff and Cutler for it not happening.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Madcosby posted:

Nice one.

Also what the gently caress are you doing Lovie Smith why is Josh McCown the hill you want to die on?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Nice one.

Also what the gently caress are you doing Lovie Smith why is Josh McCown the hill you want to die on?

Mike Glennon could be the next Alex Smith. I mean that as a compliment.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mike Glennon doesn't have that much of a bitch arm.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Mike Glennon doesn't have that much of a bitch arm.

Until he has shoulder surgery.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That neck is bound to snap in half at some point and no one wants to see that. I support Lovie here.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Nice one.

Lovie died as he lived, defending terrible QBs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I really liked having Lovie as a coach, but this is really really funny to watch happen to another team.

Also, Rex should be on a plane to Tampa immediately. I bet he could do well in an offensive system that is basically throw jump balls to VJax and Evans in triple coverage.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Anyone got a link to that horrible beatdown from the other day? Not the Bucs, the Goodell presser.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chichevache posted:

Anyone got a link to that horrible beatdown from the other day? Not the Bucs, the Goodell presser.

Roger Goodell NFL Press Conference: http://youtu.be/RxtJvcU9OEI

Skip to 21:15. Also don't read the comments :psyboom:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Looks like the Titans made the right call in letting Verner go to the Bucs instead of giving him a huge deal. That defense and especially the CBs looked completely lost last night. :getin:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Mercifully Josh McCown is apparently going to miss the next "several weeks" with his hosed up thumb so probably at least until after the bye. If Glennon can show something in those two games maybe Lovie will wise up. (lol, no he won't)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Looks like the Titans made the right call in letting Verner go to the Bucs instead of giving him a huge deal. That defense and especially the CBs looked completely lost last night. :getin:

Vernor is a decent corner back and would be a starter on any team in this league, he just happens to play for the Bucc's. Some of the Bucc's kinda stopped playing after 21, most of the quit by 28. None of them were even trying after the half, except Rainey, who was trying too hard.

Bucc's Nation hero, Robert McClain.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Vernor is a decent corner back and would be a starter on any team in this league, he just happens to play for the Bucc's. Some of the Bucc's kinda stopped playing after 21, most of the quit by 28. None of them were even trying after the half, except Rainey, who was trying too hard.

Yeah Rainey was just running for the home run instead of taking the tackle and 6-8 yards. That's coachable.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

B-u-c-s

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A Pale Horse posted:

Mercifully Josh McCown is apparently going to miss the next "several weeks" with his hosed up thumb so probably at least until after the bye. If Glennon can show something in those two games maybe Lovie will wise up. (lol, no he won't)

Josh
is
our
quarterback

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

F-u-c-s you.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Josh
is
our
quarterback

TB is probably my second favorite team, and I hate seeing them doing so poorly. They seemed to be doing so well under the young Josh Freeman and Raheem Morris.

Now, another Josh is our quarterback.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Madcosby posted:

Im going to steal this, tweak the ending, and post it to one of my fake twitter accounts

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm going to suggest to my dad that Tampa bring in Kellen Moore. He'll run with it. (Don't get the wrong idea, though, my dad is awesome.)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Free Joe Webb.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

Free Joe Webb.

don't, actually

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Im going to steal this, tweak the ending, and post it to one of my fake twitter accounts

It will no doubt be applicable in the NE/Oakland game

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

don't, actually

He's just advertising that Joe Webb can be signed without cost

FREE JOE WEBB!*

*valid only with purchase of incredibly overpaid RB

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Idiot Kicker posted:

I'm going to suggest to my dad that Tampa bring in Kellen Moore. He'll run with it. (Don't get the wrong idea, though, my dad is awesome.)

is your dad Lovie Smith

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Alouicious posted:

is your dad Lovie Smith

I thought all sons of coaches were doomed to die.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tampa Bay literally has Superstar Quarterback Mike Kafka on the practice squad. :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if Tampa Bay gets a new quarterback. What if that quarterback is super genius Derek Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

• Locked thread