Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

You chose Tannehill over Wilson, Foles, and Cousins. :colbert:

You're right. What was I thinking when I wrote down Tannehill's name on the Miami Dolphins' official draft selection card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

You're right. What was I thinking when I wrote down Tannehill's name on the Miami Dolphins' official draft selection card?

:colbert:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's an unfortunate circumstance that draft selection isn't way more scientific in result.

Sometimes a first rounder loving busts or just isn't as great as he was expected to be. Sometimes you get Tom Brady in the 6th or Nick Foles in the 3rd... Sometimes you get a guy in the 7th to be a camp body and he gets signed to the PS.

Ehud is Parming out on Tannehill and it makes me sad. It's gonna be all right man. The Dolphins will most assuredly fire Philbin before the year is over. :ohdear:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 22, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I wouldnt say he is "Parming out" about Tannehill. Alex Smith has won playoff games and has some strengths, Tannehill is young but in his third year and isnt really showing anything.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's not meant to be insulting, it's just describing how the TFF 'Fins fans are down on their QB.

I guess Parm does take it to another level, though.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

I wouldnt say he is "Parming out" about Tannehill. Alex Smith has won playoff games and has some strengths, Tannehill is young but in his third year and isnt really showing anything.

He's a long way from being at Parm's level of insanity against a QB.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Maybe it wasn't the best of ideas spending a Top 10 pick on a guy who only spent a year and a half as a full time quarterback in college.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I remember hearing that Washington should have kept the draft picks and just taken Tannehill sixth overall. Perhaps they would have been screwed anyway.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's so interesting in that he showed some serious potential pretty fast but this season he looks awful. Lazor looks kinda lovely thus far

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nothing insane about not wanting Alex loving Smith as your QB

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I remember hearing that Washington should have kept the draft picks and just taken Tannehill sixth overall. Perhaps they would have been screwed anyway.

Well they would still have those picks but sunk cost would have killed them yeah.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Tannehill is going to go somewhere else and turn into an above average QB. I can see him going to Chicago, getting Trestman'd up, then fooling the Bucs/Raiders/Rams or Peyton-less Broncos into a Flacco contract.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

swickles posted:

Tannehill is going to go somewhere else and turn into an above average QB. I can see him going to Chicago, getting Trestman'd up, then fooling the Bucs/Raiders/Rams or Peyton-less Broncos into a Flacco contract.

Please no.

The Raiders or the Lions will probably offer him something once one of their starters gets sacked straight into another dimension.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's so interesting in that he showed some serious potential pretty fast but this season he looks awful. Lazor looks kinda lovely thus far

Wasn't the Miami Herald reporting that Philbin took over play calling in the second game?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Trast posted:

Wasn't the Miami Herald reporting that Philbin took over play calling in the second game?

Haha if so that is hilarious.

"Hey Joe, here is an OC that can save your job!"

"Thanks, I bet its worth more if I keep it in the box though!"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Trast posted:

Yes, and when pressed on whether or not it happened in a 3rd game, they avoided the question saying that responsibilities are not as simple as people like to make them out to be.

Philbin's in over his head. I loving loathe the guy as a head coach. Fun facts!

Miami leads the league in yards per rush attempt with 5.2
Miami is bottom of the league in yards per pass attempt
Miami was averaging over 7.2 yards per carry in the last game
Miami passed the ball 4 times as much as they ran the ball

THIS ISNT HARD. HOLY poo poo IT ISNT HARD.

Good news is, by week 6 we get Mike Pouncey (all pro center), Reshad Jones (SS), Dion Jordan (??) and Knowshon Moreno (RB) back.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yes, and when pressed on whether or not it happened in a 3rd game, they avoided the question saying that responsibilities are not as simple as people like to make them out to be.

Game two and three certainly look like Philbin called it when you compare it to game one's win over the Patriots.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Philbin's in over his head. I loving loathe the guy as a head coach. Fun facts!

Miami leads the league in yards per rush attempt
Miami is bottom of the league in yards per pass attempt
Miami was averaging over 7.2 yards per carry in the last game
Miami passed the ball 4 times as much as they ran the ball

THIS ISNT HARD

The Dolphins leading in the rushing categories blows my god damned mind.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
3rd and 1. Miami has converted 2 previous (2 for 2 mind you) 3rd and 1s by rushing Lamar Miller behind Albert and Dion Sims on an inside tackle dive, simple play but they cant stop it because Albert is a loving strong man. Miami is driving, they are down by a single score, and moving well. Time is busting though, and we need to keep the defense off the field. Easy play call right? Nah.

Miami calls a play action cross route with a delayed flats to Lamar Miller.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't see Lamar Miller wide open for the first down, stares down a blitzer and gets sacked.

BUT THE OFFENSIVE LINE, CRAZY, THE OFFENSIVE LINE. HES ALWAYS SACKED! SURELY HE HAD NO TIME TO REACT!

4.1 seconds from snap to sack. It's just so stupid. When I brought up the time, and another guy helped me with video reference (I said "He had well over 3 seconds to throw, that's above average in the NFL for a play like that" and another poster jumped in to show he had over four)

I was told thats not much time at all. I loving hate the apologists that refuse to change their stance. I used to defend him as well, but Im seeing a guy regress. Lazor's fault? Possibly. But knowing what we know about Philbin's insane dedication and stubbornness to his stupid system is mind blowing.

Im not getting into the defense because honestly Im not very good at breaking down defenses.

edit:

swickles posted:

I don't know if its coaching or a new GM, but someone does deserve some credit for fixing that O-line.

Hickey's free agents and drafting are home runs so far. But of course, you can't judge for 1-2 years AFTER the first season, so its too early. All Im saying is, every single position he's replaced has been an upgrade, with the exception of Cortland Finnegan. Will Davis will likely supplant him soon. Davis is looking like a great great coverage db

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 23, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I don't know if its coaching or a new GM, but someone does deserve some credit for fixing that O-line.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I don't want Matt Moore to come in yet. He might save Philbin's job on accident.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Where are you guys reading that Philbin took over play calling? I don't see that anywhere.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Where are you guys reading that Philbin took over play calling? I don't see that anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395342/article/joe-philbin-stands-by-conservative-firsthalf-decision

He also took over in the 4th when he felt he saw advantages that weren't there.

He's such a loving coward on top of being an idiot. 2+ minutes and 3 timeouts and you run out the clock when you're trailing. Fire him into the sun already I'm just so tired of this guy.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

Zurreco posted:

Please no.

The Raiders or the Lions will probably offer him something once one of their starters gets sacked straight into another dimension.

Really? I'd rather have Tannehill than Clausen as a back up. At least there's an argument to be made for why Tannehill could still be good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395342/article/joe-philbin-stands-by-conservative-firsthalf-decision

He also took over in the 4th when he felt he saw advantages that weren't there.

He's such a loving coward on top of being an idiot. 2+ minutes and 3 timeouts and you run out the clock when you're trailing. Fire him into the sun already I'm just so tired of this guy.

Oh I thought you guys meant he took over play calling like...permanently or something. I did see where he made the call to run the ball to end the half.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

Oh I thought you guys meant he took over play calling like...permanently or something. I did see where he made the call to run the ball to end the half.

There are a few instances where philbin has overruled lazor. The more I'm finding out about this teams coaching staff the more I'm giving up.

Finnegan apparently told Croyle he saw smith repeating his look off before throwing to the running back - he'd stare down bowe then kick inside. Problem was - it was a zone call each time. They kept running a ridiculous cover 2 hybrid or something and it was out of his zone, just past where you'd have Cameron wake who dropped into coverage (lol)

He clearly ignored it as they later scored on that very same play. When cortland loving finnegan is calling this poo poo out and being ignored it's a problem

That's where all these reports of the defense being irate are coming from. Other players heard and then saw, later saying why are they even bothering. It's pathetic

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Sep 23, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We are second in the NFL in rushing YPA (5.2) but 23rd in rushing attempts. We are dead last in passing YPA (4.3) but 2nd in passing attempts.

lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

We are second in the NFL in rushing YPA (5.2) but 23rd in rushing attempts. We are dead last in passing YPA (4.3) but 2nd in passing attempts.

lol

I'm starting to think that maybe your OC is a loving moron and Philbin overruling him might be a symptom of that. Philbin also being a loving moron, however, just adds tires to the dumpster fire.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm surprisingly disappointed that Bill ~~LAZOR~~ isn't a kickass OC, the lovely pun potential there is huge

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AAA DOLFAN posted:

3rd and 1. Miami has converted 2 previous (2 for 2 mind you) 3rd and 1s by rushing Lamar Miller behind Albert and Dion Sims on an inside tackle dive, simple play but they cant stop it because Albert is a loving strong man. Miami is driving, they are down by a single score, and moving well. Time is busting though, and we need to keep the defense off the field. Easy play call right? Nah.

Miami calls a play action cross route with a delayed flats to Lamar Miller.

Ryan Tannehill doesn't see Lamar Miller wide open for the first down, stares down a blitzer and gets sacked.

BUT THE OFFENSIVE LINE, CRAZY, THE OFFENSIVE LINE. HES ALWAYS SACKED! SURELY HE HAD NO TIME TO REACT!

4.1 seconds from snap to sack. It's just so stupid. When I brought up the time, and another guy helped me with video reference (I said "He had well over 3 seconds to throw, that's above average in the NFL for a play like that" and another poster jumped in to show he had over four)

I was told thats not much time at all. I loving hate the apologists that refuse to change their stance. I used to defend him as well, but Im seeing a guy regress. Lazor's fault? Possibly. But knowing what we know about Philbin's insane dedication and stubbornness to his stupid system is mind blowing.

Im not getting into the defense because honestly Im not very good at breaking down defenses.

edit:

Hickey's free agents and drafting are home runs so far. But of course, you can't judge for 1-2 years AFTER the first season, so its too early. All Im saying is, every single position he's replaced has been an upgrade, with the exception of Cortland Finnegan. Will Davis will likely supplant him soon. Davis is looking like a great great coverage db

Tannehill also never leaves the pocket because he is a retard fucker idiot bitch

swickles posted:

It is better, as is the rushing attack, and we will get like zero mileage out of either

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rasczak posted:

I'm surprisingly disappointed that Bill ~~LAZOR~~ isn't a kickass OC, the lovely pun potential there is huge

Nah, Bill Laser is cool, Bill Lazor is the fetal alcohol exposed kid running around with Legos in his nose screaming "herp derp gonna zap you with mah lazors".

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Mike Pouncey: All Pro Center

I understand all of these words, but not in this combination.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Thaddius the Large posted:

Nah, Bill Laser is cool, Bill Lazor is the fetal alcohol exposed kid running around with Legos in his nose screaming "herp derp gonna zap you with mah lazors".

I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Three games isn't a lot of time for a brand new system that the head coach is meddling in already.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chichevache posted:

You chose Tannehill over Wilson, Foles, and Cousins. :colbert:

Tannehill is probably better than Cousins, not that it's a high bar.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Trast posted:

I still want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Three games isn't a lot of time for a brand new system that the head coach is meddling in already.

I can assure you my insightful analysis was based solely on his name, I've only watched the first Dolphins game of the year, and haven't seen them otherwise. Too bad I'm not a Dolphins fan, or I could pretend that was their entire season.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Thaddius the Large posted:

I can assure you my insightful analysis was based solely on his name, I've only watched the first Dolphins game of the year, and haven't seen them otherwise. Too bad I'm not a Dolphins fan, or I could pretend that was their entire season.

It's easy to be depressed about the Dolphins when most of the fan base still believes Dan Marino is the solution to all our problems. :smith:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Can Raiders fans get optimstic about winning versus the Dolphins after their solid showing in Foxboro? I feel like Philbin's regime has been so scattershot in terms of results, what's to stop their second half vs the Pats from playing out in London.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No. Even if they run the ball 8 times, that's 150 yards and 3 TD's. Miami always blows the Raiders up, and the Raiders always lose on the east coast. London is even worse. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Tannenhill should definitely get at least through the rest of the season under center. In a vacuum, anyhow. It's not like Matt Moore is ever going to be anything more than, well, Matt Moore, so there's no use in playing him. Unless you're a desperate head coach trying to avoid getting your rear end fired, of course.
Even so, would he really do better than Tannenhill?

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Volkerball posted:

No. Even if they run the ball 8 times, that's 150 yards and 3 TD's. Miami always blows the Raiders up, and the Raiders always lose on the east coast. London is even worse. It's going to be a bloodbath.

Cam Wake versus Khalif Barnes won't go very well for Oakland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Depends how often Wake drops into coverage.

• Locked thread