Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Touché

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Depends how often Wake drops into coverage.

Sweet loving christ I cant believe this is actually a thing.

And people really are doubting Mike Pouncey still? Hes been one of the better centers in the league for quite some time (ie since he came into the league)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oakland handled the Jets/Texans/Patriots pass rush just fine

edit: run blocking is a different story

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 24, 2014

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Oakland handled the Jets/Texans/Patriots pass rush just fine

edit: run blocking is a different story

That run defense without Tyvon Branch. That receiving corps without Streater. I hate everything.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Volkerball posted:

the Raiders always lose on the east coast. London is even worse. It's going to be a bloodbath.

If only they played in Russia instead.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Sweet loving christ I cant believe this is actually a thing.

And people really are doubting Mike Pouncey still? Hes been one of the better centers in the league for quite some time (ie since he came into the league)

I definitely don't doubt his ability to be a douchebag

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

AAA DOLFAN posted:

People hate him because of the Hernandez connection, but I don't think many people actually deny his on-field talent.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh, I was commenting on big rear end moths post pretty much solrly on his ability as a player.

As a person I want him cut because he's an ignorant jackass

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If Miami loses this weekend, leave Philbin in London.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Miami loses to the raiders I can pretty much guarantee 1- matt Moore will have been out in at one point (unless last second Fg or something) and 2- joe philbin is one foot out the door.

Go raidahs

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Harlock posted:

If Miami loses this weekend, leave Philbin in London.
we don't want him

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is everybody ready for alternate-reality-falcon-4-lyfe Khalil Mack to have his breakout game?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chilichimp posted:

Is everybody ready for alternate-reality-falcon-4-lyfe Khalil Mack to have his breakout game?

Being that he is the only pass rush threat on the team, I'm sure he will be quadruple blocked

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Being that he is the only pass rush threat on the team, I'm sure he will be quadruple blocked

Gotta do what works:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Miami keeps him isolated on James he might have a great game but man I don't think he's getting by Albert anytime soon.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Our second-best pass-rusher is Tyvon Branch

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Chris de Sperg posted:

we don't want him

That's unfortunate, it's one of the few places in the world a guy who looks like that could blend in. You sure we can't work something out? I think he could do quite well in one of those weird boarding school type things ya'll have.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
The biggest reason to keep Dennis Allen: Greg Olson is the likely favorite for interim head coach.

quote:

Raiders owner Mark Davis, who has considered firing his coach and general manager several times in recent years, has continued to discuss their status with confidants inside and out of the organization following the team's poor start, according to league sources, with second-year offensive coordinator Greg Olson a strong candidate to take over as interim head coach.

Olson has performed well with young quarterbacks in the past and has formed a strong bond with first-round pick Derek Carr, and is highly thought of throughout the organization. The Raiders have yet to win a game, however, and Allen's defense has been suspect early on and Davis continues to discuss options for re-working the organization.

Firing GM Reggie McKenzie in-season is tricky but moving on from Allen is less cumbersome and while some have focused on former Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano as a possible replacement, Davis is trying to evaluate coaches he may want to retain as part of new staff, which makes Olson particularly attractive.

Numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, including those who have been in contact with Raiders' decisions makers, said they would not be surprised in Davis made a coaching change in the bye week – which follows Sunday's game in England – should the team fail to perform well. Davis is trying to secure a stadium for next season – in the Bay Area or otherwise – by finding ways to put his franchise in position to be attractive to other municipalities. An 0-4 start and blowouts losses certainly don't help that cause.

Developing a quarterback is paramount, however, and having a person already in place with a strong relationship with him who can bring him along through the season not only improves the attractiveness of the head coaching job, and of Olson on a new staff, but it also may add to whatever Davis may or may not have with the various entities he speaks to about the future of the Raiders, be it in Oakland, Los Angeles, San Antonio or otherwise.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

The biggest reason to keep Dennis Allen: Greg Olson is the likely favorite for interim head coach.

Jesus Christ, talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire. Greg Olson is a terrible coordinator and I can't even begin to imagine what a wreck he'd be as a head coach. Poor, poor Raiders. :(

edit: Here's all the mighty offenses Greg Olson has presided over during his inexplicably long career:

pre:
YEAR  TEAM      RANK    PPG
2005- DET	24th	18.5
2006- DET	28th	15.9
2007- STL	10th	22.9
2008- STL	27th	16.4
2009- TAM	18th	22.6
2010- TAM	27th	15.3
2011- TAM	20th	21.3
2013- OAK	24th	20.1

I don't know how he keeps finding work as a coordinator. Even when he gets demoted down to QBs coach like in the 2012 season the next year he's back again despite the quarterbacks under his tutelage getting even worse than they were the previous year.

A Pale Horse fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 28, 2014

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Dennis Allen is unofficially the 1st coach fired of this season.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Please fire Mel Tucker

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

Dennis Allen is unofficially the 1st coach fired of this season.

good

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, interim Sporano next week. This poo poo is embarrassing.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

This is 0-16 level of play.They are bad in offence but they are worse in defence.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Steelers coaching staff is probably in hotter water after this loss.

G-Fresh
Nov 28, 2004

Who needs an offensive line when you have skill position players?

Lamadrid posted:

This is 0-16 level of play.They are bad in offence but they are worse in defence.

I would not have been surprised if Dennis Allen was the first HC ever fired mid game.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Leave him in London, Lane Kiffin style.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Steelers coaching staff is probably in hotter water after this loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJv7h98yeXk

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bucephalus posted:

Leave him in London, Lane Kiffin style.

:agreed:

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

and suddenly all the goodwill towards Cleveland evaporates

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Live from Buffalo Bill's basement it seems

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

A Pale Horse posted:

and suddenly all the goodwill towards Cleveland evaporates

el pres rules

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
firing coaches in Oakland is actually a play in the playbook, but you don't see it because its not a screen pass or a run up the middle

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope coaches are fired in Oakland by a stuffed Al Davis autoicon

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine

R.D. Mangles posted:

I hope coaches are fired in Oakland by a stuffed Al Davis autoicon

i hope they're fired out of a cannon into the Thames

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fwiw

@APtcollins
My sources tell me that @RAIDERS head coach Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Carr Accident

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!

Ozu posted:

Fwiw

@APtcollins
My sources tell me that @RAIDERS head coach Dennis Allen is fired and an announcement could come as soon as Tuesday

who gets the blindfold and cigarette next?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

FizFashizzle posted:

who gets the blindfold and cigarette next?

Philbin is still on the hot seat as are Coughlin and Rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I figured he was asking who the Raiders next coach would be.

e: Who are the big candidates though? I mean, not like interim for the Raiders, but who does everyone want to hire these days?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 29, 2014

• Locked thread