Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Woody wont fire him midseason but we're staring down a 1-6 barrel so things aren't looking good for Rex's security.

Also La Canfora says that Greg Olson would be the interim for the Raiders and not Sparano.

It would be classic incompetent Woody to let Idzik hire another coach after the pathetic job he's done here in 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

HappyHelmet posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he behaves worse at practice when the cameras are off of him than he does at games. It's got to start wearing on the players at some point. Imagine being in an office meeting (or something like that) with him, and he starts throwing a tantrum like that. It would be awful.

It would be terrible for them because you can't even laugh at that poo poo like we do when its happening right in front of you but I really don't see how he could behave like that on a regular basis. I can understand getting that worked up during a game, but during practice? I don't know, something's apparently wrong so maybe you're right but those players should really evaluate how much they like winning because coach Kubiak sure as gently caress isn't going to lead them to 3 straight NFC Championship games.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'd also heard that 49er players were irritated with the joint practices in Baltimore, which seemed like bullshit because they were freakishly well treated.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Deion Sanders is reporting???

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I'm pretty much praying for the 49ers to make a grave mistake and have Lil Harbs return to the Raiders. We got two possible All-Pro linebackers, a promising QB held back by coaching, and a better version of Bruce Miller. Let's do this. :smuggo:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They tried to banish him for Cleveland in the offseason. That dude is so gone to Michigan it isn't funny.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

A Pale Horse posted:

It would be terrible for them because you can't even laugh at that poo poo like we do when its happening right in front of you but I really don't see how he could behave like that on a regular basis. I can understand getting that worked up during a game, but during practice? I don't know, something's apparently wrong so maybe you're right but those players should really evaluate how much they like winning because coach Kubiak sure as gently caress isn't going to lead them to 3 straight NFC Championship games.

Ever see people with road rage issues? Some people are just angry at everything, and doing it day in and day out is just part of their lives.

There is no denying it would be a big loss for the 49ers to let him go though, and he would almost certainly get picked up immediately by someone else. However, if the reports are true (all this could very well be bullshit afterall) that the locker room atmosphere is getting toxic around Harbaugh there are not a lot of other choices.

HappyHelmet fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 29, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean there's no way Harbaugh doesn't go to Michigan and become dictator-for-life, right?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Harlock posted:

They tried to banish him for Cleveland in the offseason. That dude is so gone to Michigan it isn't funny.

That's not even close to accurate, Cleveland asked them about the possibility of a trade and they shot it down instantly.

I really don't know what to make of all this anymore, I'm not sure if we should be reading much into Deion Sanders investigative journalism. All I know is if York is really going to part ways with Harbaugh he'd better start preparing a hell of a pitch, because if they replace him with some lovely retread then fans are going to be a lot more upset than they are now.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ozu posted:

I mean there's no way Harbaugh doesn't go to Michigan and become dictator-for-life, right?

He can't stay at one place that long

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lots of chatter Miami was inquiring about trading for harbaugh too but I don't want to watch a tantrum filled baby go nuts on my sideline.

I mean philbin sucks horrible and belongs working at a Cracker Barrel but man there's gotta be more

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

He can't stay at one place that long

College is different. New people every three-four years for him abuse, literal worship, and at Michigan you only have one hard game a year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lots of chatter Miami was inquiring about trading for harbaugh too but I don't want to watch a tantrum filled baby go nuts on my sideline.

Harbaugh coaching a team with Incognito and Cortland Finnegan :hawaaaafap:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Harbaugh v Meyer is the rivalry the B1G deserves.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'd reconsider this, it's actually really fun.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Harbaugh coaching a team with Incognito and Cortland Finnegan :hawaaaafap:

... Do you really think incognito still plays for Miami?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

... Do you really think incognito still plays for Miami?

Earlier I was talking about what Miami would have been like with Harbaugh instead of Philbin. I can only imagine that scenario would have played out differently under Jimmy H and Incognito would still be on the team.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jim Harbough will be fired a couple of more times for being a massive rear end in a top hat and then win when he is like sixty five if he doesn't die from a massive heart attavk first.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His sideline behavior is just so drat atrocious though I can't imagine what a massive baby he is in the lockerroom

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
To be fair though, has he flipped out on the sideline recently? I can't remember any instances this year, but maybe it's only a matter of time.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HappyHelmet posted:

To be fair though, has he flipped out on the sideline recently? I can't remember any instances this year, but maybe it's only a matter of time.

I think he did it yesterday.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
For real, even as someone who had to deal with this douche as head coach of his alma mater for three years of futility, Charlie Weis would probably be a legit good NFL OC for someone. I still think the magic left over from that Chiefs season is there. Just don't get him anywhere near a college campus.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I actually honestly do wonder if Weis would make a decent HC in the NFL. He is a weird case in that he has been a good NFL OC for two teams, including the Rams with Bradford so its not just Brady magic, and has been terrible at every job in college. He was bad at Notre Dame, as Florida's OC, and was bad enough to get fired from Kansas. I think it has to do with teaching skills and such, but I imagine at best he could be .500 over 5 years or so.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I think LeBeau might retire this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

I actually honestly do wonder if Weis would make a decent HC in the NFL. He is a weird case in that he has been a good NFL OC for two teams, including the Rams with Bradford so its not just Brady magic, and has been terrible at every job in college. He was bad at Notre Dame, as Florida's OC, and was bad enough to get fired from Kansas. I think it has to do with teaching skills and such, but I imagine at best he could be .500 over 5 years or so.

Probably, but more because coaching in the nfl is about surrounding yourself with smart people and knowing how to spread out responsibility.

At college it's about recruiting, and who's going to be impressed when Weiss shows off the finger his super bowl ring had to be sawed off of?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mughe posted:

I think LeBeau might retire this year.

Muschamp will be available. Although I am pretty sure they have been grooming the LB coach for a decade now or something like that.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Probably, but more because coaching in the nfl is about surrounding yourself with smart people and knowing how to spread out responsibility.

At college it's about recruiting, and who's going to be impressed when Weiss shows off the finger his super bowl ring had to be sawed off of?

He didn't even make that much of an attempt at recruiting this past time because he had such a, "I promise I'll help you win now," attitude that he picked up a bunch of lovely transfers instead of actually recruiting, which just led to a cycle of damnation. Their QBs were, in order, (A) His failed project from Notre Dame, (B) A failed Brigham Young transfer, and (C) Two burnt redshirts who would've been better off converted into more running backs. Compare that to KC where he made Tony Maoki, Dexter McCluster, and Matt loving Cassel look like a competent squad ready to take the next step. Rex needs someone who isn't an idiot as an OC, right? It's last chance station, NYJ.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

He didn't even make that much of an attempt at recruiting this past time because he had such a, "I promise I'll help you win now," attitude that he picked up a bunch of lovely transfers instead of actually recruiting, which just led to a cycle of damnation. Their QBs were, in order, (A) His failed project from Notre Dame, (B) A failed Brigham Young transfer, and (C) Two burnt redshirts who would've been better off converted into more running backs. Compare that to KC where he made Tony Maoki, Dexter McCluster, and Matt loving Cassel look like a competent squad ready to take the next step. Rex needs someone who isn't an idiot as an OC, right? It's last chance station, NYJ.

Oh duh. He was with the Chiefs. For some reason my mind keeps wanting to stick him with the Rams.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

Oh duh. He was with the Chiefs. For some reason my mind keeps wanting to stick him with the Rams.

Same state.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I think he did it yesterday.

Did he? I must have missed it as I was only half paying attention to the game yesterday. Anyone have video of it?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

HappyHelmet posted:

Did he? I must have missed it as I was only half paying attention to the game yesterday. Anyone have video of it?

I can't get a video but if you have game rewind or w/e it was at 1 minute or so into the 4th quarter, Kaepernick was supposed to take a delay of game but instead burned a timeout. Freakout ensues.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They probably want a new O coordinator since their guy is terrible.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
FWIW, Alex Boone and Antoine Bethea both joined Boldin and Staley in disputing the rumors about the Niners locker room. I think Boone is fairly significant because he obviously doesn't have a vested interest in sticking up for Harbaugh after the offseason holdout.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

Grozz Nuy posted:

FWIW, Alex Boone and Antoine Bethea both joined Boldin and Staley in disputing the rumors about the Niners locker room. I think Boone is fairly significant because he obviously doesn't have a vested interest in sticking up for Harbaugh after the offseason holdout.

Eh... you may be right, but I can't think of any instances where players did anything other than that. It's too risky for them both on their current team, and for getting future jobs because other coaches may also shy away from them.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They probably want a new O coordinator since their guy is terrible.

I hope somehow Roman leaves and Fangio stays but I know it week be the other way around

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

What's Belichick's contract status?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grozz Nuy posted:

he obviously doesn't have a vested interest in sticking up for Harbaugh after the offseason holdout.

This logic is certainly... something

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dennis Allen just fired per JayGlazer

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nice of them to wait until MNF was over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU