Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

is ascendancy kind of obscure? idk but play it anyway, if only because the art direction and music own

also out of about 21 alien species there's only like two that could possibly be considered anthropomorphic and neither is very humanoid

have summa dis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx-YGTqgWWk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

Robot Alchemic Drive

dank ps2 game where you control a person controlling a giant robot with an in-game ps2 controller. the controls are cool like each stick controls an arm and the shoulder buttons move the left and right legs forward and backward. you battle giant monsters and can unlock tons of other robots/monsters, and the 3 main robots transform as well. tons of stages and long campaign with classic 2000s era bad voice acting, fully destructable cities. my personal #1 underrated gem from nihon

this was one of the better recommendations in my ps2 thread

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there are so many obscure ps2 games that own

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hoodrich posted:

Sounds chill.

It's good. I haven't played it in like 10 years though....

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
TAIL OF THE SUN. eVERYONE ITT PLAY TAIL OF THE SUN.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tokyo Extreme Racer series is good too.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
Mass Afflect

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
loving's Field IV

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Stink fag posted:

Mass Afflect

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
StarTropics

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
Azure Dreams also has a GBC port of all things. Since it's a roguelike there isn't much lost in the conversion, although there's less to do as far as rebuilding the town goes. To make up for this they have a new postgame dungeon and more monsters, including the best monster:

I've heard the GBC one is easier because the RNG is less stingy when it comes to items but once you caught a Barong in either game you can just get what you want anyway.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

animeliker posted:

Tokyo Extreme Racer series is good too.

the game Import Tuner CHallenge for XboX 360 was also dope, same vibe, maybe same dev too Not Sure

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

this was one of the better recommendations in my ps2 thread

it even has a splitscreen versus mode

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Doctor Goat posted:

E D F
E D F
E D F

this, but actually super E.D.F. on the snes

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
also, Unholy War on PS1 was one of the most godlike multiplayer games back in the day and its a shame that nobody has ever made anything like it again.

unholy war with current gen graphics would own so much :smith:

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Omally posted:

holy loving poo poo, do you see that loving strawberry walking around like king poo poo of gently caress mountain? this is but a small loving sample of the epically insane shitfuckery that awaits you in Hudson Soft's epic offering of Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, cockshitter

princes tomato looks realy cool and i want to play it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Stink fag posted:

loving's Field IV

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Red Dead Redemption

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Red Dead Redemption

Herbert Moon

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Swelter Discharge posted:

princes tomato looks realy cool and i want to play it

it's good

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Das Butterbrot posted:

also, Unholy War on PS1 was one of the most godlike multiplayer games back in the day and its a shame that nobody has ever made anything like it again.

unholy war with current gen graphics would own so much :smith:

Can't believe I forgot to post this, this game is loving awesome and the stages were great. The big slippery bowl one was kind of like playing THPS but with the goal of killing each other, and I'm sad there's never been anything like it again. In fact I really have no idea why the 3d fighting game genre even died out, Unholy War was great, Power Stone was great, Ehrgeiz was great AND had a loving mini Diablo-like built into it. Honestly if Smash Brothers wasn't co-opted by the spergy fighting game crowd I feel like it probably would've transitioned into 3d eventually and it would've made it even better than it is already.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I didn't read the op it was gay i bet.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

NIce post. You say a lot of swears about the game so I know you have a cool casual attitude about it...Classic

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Stink fag posted:

loving's Field IV

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stink fag posted:

loving's Field IV

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ragg posted:

I didn't read the op it was gay i bet.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The mothershitting game is loving epic! Lol

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I have two honest ones. First, Lost Kingdoms (and its sequel) on the GameCube. It feels really low-budget but the card collecting aspect is addictive and the combat is pretty fun, though contained in small arenas a la Custom Robo.

Second is Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae which is on PC. I think it's only like $5-10 on Steam. It's essentially Vergil in Bloody Palace from DMC3, but with a horribly exploitative nippon schoolgirlu as a protag. Which is a plus if you're a perv I guess. The combat is solid but the presentation is really weak. It's entirely in small arenas, like Bloody Palace as I mentioned, and the enemies don't pack a whole lot of variety, but it's cheap especially during a Steam sale and worth a few hours of play at least.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

AtlasToked posted:

StarTropics

Also Body Harvest

it's edf and gta before either of those were a thing

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
body harvest owned

also first open world game by rockstar before they were rockstar

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Das Butterbrot posted:

body harvest owned

also first open world game by rockstar before they were rockstar

My really old copy of GTA3 still has the DMA logo.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i got a game none of you fucks have ever heard of

e: Legend of Cao Cao

mostly because it is A. a PC game and B. never been officially translated from Chinese. there is a fan translation, however.

but! its made by Koei, and it plays like a Shining Force game, so its pretty good. i was thinking of doing an imp zone lets play, with none of the modern lets play bullshit aka lets write dumb poo poo loving dialogue into the game or add dumb lovely jokes embellished with gimmicks. i would supplement my excellent game playing ability with lots of historical explanations of the wonderful book this game is based on, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which i am an expert on, having actually read it.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 21, 2014

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i got a game none of you fucks have ever heard of

mostly because it is A. a PC game and B. never been officially translated from Chinese. there is a fan translation, however.

but! its made by Koei, and it plays like a Shining Force game, so its pretty good. i was thinking of doing an imp zone lets play, with none of the modern lets play bullshit aka lets write dumb poo poo loving dialogue into the game or add dumb lovely jokes embellished with gimmicks. i would supplement my excellent game playing ability with lots of historical explanations of the wonderful book this game is based on, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which i am an expert on, having actually read it.

looks like chinese fire emblem

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Sorry OP, I only play AAA titles with high production values, and only after they have already sold at least one million copies in the US.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

SeXReX posted:

looks like chinese fire emblem

well theres no permadeath so i didnt want to call it fire emblem, plays like it tho, to an extent

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Ore no ryouri is iron chef to cooking mamas rachel ray

Its hardcore

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

The mothershitting game is loving epic! Lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

Can't believe I forgot to post this, this game is loving awesome and the stages were great. The big slippery bowl one was kind of like playing THPS but with the goal of killing each other, and I'm sad there's never been anything like it again. In fact I really have no idea why the 3d fighting game genre even died out, Unholy War was great, Power Stone was great, Ehrgeiz was great AND had a loving mini Diablo-like built into it. Honestly if Smash Brothers wasn't co-opted by the spergy fighting game crowd I feel like it probably would've transitioned into 3d eventually and it would've made it even better than it is already.

Unholy War was great but at the same time the piranha unit was loving bullshit that could constantly spawn for next to no energy and also could kill most of the melee units by gluing himself to their asses

the strategy mode was fun but having 2 of the first 3 stages you fight as the robot side involve those guys constantly spawning around the enemy base was the worst idea possible

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLyrXTL683g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I liked Monster Tale for the DS a lot. It's by the same team behind Henry Hatsworth and it plays a lot like it, only instead of being half puzzle game it's half monster raising simulator, and it has a metroidvania style map instead of being divided into levels. It's also not impossible to beat like Henry Hatsworth was.

• Locked thread