Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i like when lowtax made a stickied thread saying you would get banned for no content threads and then it never happened and then the thread disappeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
everyone shits on old gbs but it was basically just an rss feed. i'm not sure what's so vile about discussing news articles with people but i guess it could've been pushed to a different subforum??

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Parallax Scroll posted:

you would be probated for posting a news thread in old gbs

you would only be probated if you just pasted a news article, you had to post your well written opinion on it complete with capital letters and commas and things

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

mookface posted:

every news thread just turned into this repetitious pile of bullshit where a few posters would try to outsmart each other and it wasn't funny or interesting in the slightest

i remember back when people posted news articles.. sometimes there would be arguments and differences of opinion. those were dark days thank god that's over with i'm gay

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

mookface posted:

theyd get petty and retarded very frequently

unlike new gbs

• Locked thread