Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

SnowblindFatal posted:

You guys probably remember the thread about the dude finding his roommate dead with a whole bunch of meat in the freezer. There was some serious concern about the chili recipe he used (he didn't have any beans in it), and I'd like to know what you consider to be the best kind of chili.
in the abstract, the OP of that thread had the right idea about chili. "proper" chili, as in chili con carne - ie. chunky, cooked meat with chile peppers in a spicy, tomato-based sauce - requires you to start with a whole cut of meat sliced into small chunks or mouthfuls, and absolutely, positively must not contain any beans. all he had was ground meat, though, and the peppers-and-beans-based dish that is often made out of that, and that is also popularly, and confusingly, called chili, absolutely does require you to include the beans, for texture if nothing else. and that was his mistake, because you cant make proper chili out of ground meat, but you absolutely can make a dish out of it with beans and peppers that, while not proper chili per se, is often called that and can still be fairly tasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Cream_Filling posted:

dunno its definitely pretty easy to gently caress up a recipe and make ot not taste as good if you dont do seemingly fiddly little things
aka the reason I dont like to cook
I hate doing fiddly little things :arghfist::geno:

• Locked thread