Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm willing to grant crazy artists a lot of slack between appreciating their work versus understanding that they are raving pieces of mutant poo poo in their personal lives, but I'm not sure it extends to playing smash bros on 12 year old boys especially when that wouldn't necessarily be the weirdest poo poo they get up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
he was talented but I hate everyone with the skin condition vitiligo

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

Faster posted:

Kids such as Corey Feldman and the Culkin family who actually were taken advantage by adults (sexually and financially), never reported anything shady about Jackson.

Of course. I mean just look how well they turned out! Nothing bad could have ever happened to them.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
I'm not saying Michael Jackson making GBS threads and pissing all over his mansion and screaming at his maids to clean it up is a thing that actually happened, I'm just saying if I were that rich I would do the same.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Didn't a kid provide a detailed description of his D?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tujague posted:

I'm willing to grant crazy artists a lot of slack between appreciating their work versus understanding that they are raving pieces of mutant poo poo in their personal lives, but I'm not sure it extends to playing smash bros on 12 year old boys especially when that wouldn't necessarily be the weirdest poo poo they get up to

he was always so eager to play final destination.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Didn't a kid provide a detailed description of his D?

Let me guess, there's a head, shaft, balls; maybe pressed or permed hair with some glitter sprinkled on it?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

MegaGatts posted:

This is the dumbest loving thing ever written.

So why is Michael Jackson great musically?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHI1yI1Ndk

Reer
Sep 27, 2007

by Ralp
What was the difference between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson?

Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon, Michael Jackson hosed little boys in the rear end

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

I mean this isn't even worth explaining to anyone who has ears

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

What was the deal with the one glove?

His father cut off his real hand in a lightsaber battle.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

What was the deal with the one glove?

wasn't it something boring like that's where his vitiligo started and he just covered it up?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Do MJ's kids prove Lamarckism true?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

MadMattH posted:

Of course. I mean just look how well they turned out! Nothing bad could have ever happened to them.

Feldman is the one of the two Coreys that's still alive, what now :colbert:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

He was an emotionally stunted retard who made childish music that children like largely because of his image/dancing/childish perspective. The kids with poo poo taste grew up and confused nostalgia with musical quality. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough is his only tolerable song and he hosed kids.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He was an emotionally stunted retard who made childish music that children like largely because of his image/dancing/childish perspective. The kids with poo poo taste grew up and confused nostalgia with musical quality. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough is his only tolerable song and he hosed kids.

this sounds like a guy whos never heard human nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kql0ld02SS4

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Theophany posted:

Not convicted.
ah yes the classic "let's ignore the millions of dollars in buyouts he didn't do a thing" good poo poo man

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

shiksa posted:

this sounds like a guy whos never heard human nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kql0ld02SS4

That tiny bit that everyone rips off is borderline amazing but it's wasted in an otherwise mediocre song.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What the do you mean? Aside from his smooth honey like vocals, ability to create a legendary hook on demand, fusing r&b, rock and mo town into modern pop music? gently caress man, what do you want him to do? Play the god drat saxaphone?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when he held his kid over a balcony? That was funny.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MegaGatts posted:

What the do you mean? Aside from his smooth honey like vocals, ability to create a legendary hook on demand, fusing r&b, rock and mo town into modern pop music? gently caress man, what do you want him to do? Play the god drat saxaphone?

He's alright but he's no Dragonforce.

Faster
Oct 5, 2007
If you have to explain to someone the genius of Michael Jackson's music and performances, they are beyond help. He was like a living Special Effect with the way he performed on stage.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Don Tacorleone posted:

I mean this isn't even worth explaining to anyone who has ears

Clap. Clap. Clap. You're a living testament to how loving great Michale Jackson with your inability to describe it.

MegaGatts posted:

Honey vocals? the guy sound like he constantly being poked by a loving stick. Oh ahh ehhh HEE hEEE AHHHHHHHHHHH!Don't stop till you get a enough! WHoo hoo man in the mirror, I'm bad!ah oh ahh Trill ah ohh er!

Also thank you Jackson for being the voice that set up the loving pattern of just being layer on top of what ever poo poo was popular at the time.
Producer "Hair metal is popular! Van Halen! Get in here!"

"Modonna! Trance is cool now! Make Ray of light!"

MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011

raditts posted:

Feldman is the one of the two Coreys that's still alive, what now :colbert:

Are you implying that having Michael Jackson molest you makes you live longer or something?

EDIT: I think it's just Feldman's inherent drug resistance. You have to admit neither he nor Culkin look particularly healthy.

MadMattH fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 22, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Clap. Clap. Clap. You're a living testament to how loving great Michale Jackson with your inability to describe it.

Honey vocals? the guy sound like he constantly being poked by a loving stick. Oh ahh ehhh HEE hEEE AHHHHHHHHHHH!Don't stop till you get a enough! WHoo hoo man in the mirror, I'm bad!ah oh ahh Trill ah ohh er!

Also thank you Jackson for being the voice that set up the loving pattern of just being layer on top of what ever poo poo was popular at the time.

Lol who is this clown?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

did a michael jackson look-a-like touch you as a kid or something?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The people who cannot appreciate MJs music aren't seeing the whole picture. You gotta hear him from when he was a kid to when he fiddled kids.

I Want You Back > Blame it on the Boogie > Rock With You > Thriller > 90s-00s crap you're used too

All this from a weird little black kid from loving Indiana. Amazing

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Frijolero posted:

The people who cannot appreciate MJs music aren't seeing the whole picture. You gotta hear him from when he was a kid to when he fiddled kids.

I Want You Back > Blame it on the Boogie > Rock With You > Thriller > 90s-00s crap you're used too

All this from a weird little black kid from loving Indiana. Amazing

you ever seen gary indiana?

id probably be super hosed up if i was from there too.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i would like michael jackson more if he wasn't a child molestor

Faster
Oct 5, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i would like michael jackson more if he wasn't a child molestor

He wasn't.

GirlInAThunderbolt
May 23, 2014

by XyloJW
Is there anything Michael did that Prince didn't do better?

Yabanjin
Feb 13, 2007

I AM smiling.
A new single was just released, did something happen to him???

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
HO HO HO GREEN GIANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfT_rxIizvY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faster
Oct 5, 2007

GirlInAThunderbolt posted:

Is there anything Michael did that Prince didn't do better?

Dance, production, scale, iconography, longevity. Of course Michael succeeded far earlier with the Jackson 5 and while he had absences from music before his death, Prince had stretches between 1996-2004 and 2009-2014 where his poo poo pretty much sucked.

I would say Michael Jackson excelled as a Pop artist whereas Prince explored wider territory as a more diverse "musician". Prince's specialty has always been his abilities as a musician first and foremost, as well as a top tier live performer.

• Locked thread