Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
google maps shows me you have those mega huge mcmansion subdivisions taking up all the best land like in LA, fuckin owned hippies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

it makes lots of sense the more you think about it.

Dunmer have piles of tattoos, outlandish fashion, live in a climate with miserable weather, have a paranoia focused culture and are distrustful of outsiders.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
bitch go home

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

Dunmer have piles of tattoos, outlandish fashion, live in a climate with miserable weather, have a paranoia focused culture and are distrustful of outsiders.

Fus... Roh... Shutthefuckup

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

etalian posted:

Also the mountain on their doorstep blew up.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
take your tampa hobos with you

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
did you know there's a whole other continent with like tiger furries and giant slug walrus merchants what is that? i mean...what?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Real talk...

Are all the hobos gonna leave once it gets colder?

naem
May 29, 2011

Pretty sure I dated the one on the left, she was super into nonsensical hippie activist stuff to until the day she turned 26 and transformed into a penny pinching spooky ethnic ultra conservative crone overnight. Even her hair changed

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
you know what causes more health issues than fluoride? car pollution

*peels out in 1999 subaru forester*

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Stoic Commie posted:

you know what causes more health issues than fluoride? car pollution

*peels out in 1999 subaru forester*

Ghost ride the whip!

Putcha stunna shades on.

Now watch em swang. Watch em swang.

Gas, break, dip.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq9-IFPlMog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo7pFsTVcq4

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Hey OP, what kinda pets do you have?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

psyopmonkey posted:

Real talk...

Are all the hobos gonna leave once it gets colder?

Nah, they just make boss cardboard forts around the overpasses and train tracks.

The hobos are the steaming dump we collectively left on the porch when California showed up.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

etalian posted:

The NW suddenly makes sense

not an inaccurate comparison

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I've never been to Portland but I really like Portlandia so I feel like I'm pretty much an expert on the city. If you'd like to know good places to hang OP just ask me.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Viridiant posted:

I've never been to Portland but I really like Portlandia so I feel like I'm pretty much an expert on the city. If you'd like to know good places to hang OP just ask me.

No one wants to put pickled birds on things.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

psyopmonkey posted:

No one wants to put pickled birds on things.

No misinformation in this topic please. Thanks.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

austin probably has less hobos than portland because its still texas so we can get a permit to hunt and kill them indiscriminately

and then dallas residents buys the meat by-products.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

What do you think is in all those DFW $10 hot dogs :yum:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Be sure to buy your $10 NO PITY scarf as to identify yourself to the natives as a person who is attempting to fit in

Sign off every sentence with RCTID

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

much like the local sports teams the city is quite the disappointment

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i'm having a bloody mary down town right now :)

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've had to commute to training in Portland all last week and I was not a fan of the traffic. With the growth in the upcoming years it will be hosed.

Also here in Mcminnville the Portland culture is trickling down. It makes for some nice spots to eat though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ramsus posted:

I've had to commute to training in Portland all last week and I was not a fan of the traffic. With the growth in the upcoming years it will be hosed.

Yeah similar to Austin it really didn't look into the future in terms of dealing with the big population growth over the next decade or so.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i'm hobo
anything helps
god bless

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

naem posted:

Pretty sure I dated the one on the left, she was super into nonsensical hippie activist stuff to until the day she turned 26 and transformed into a penny pinching spooky ethnic ultra conservative crone overnight. Even her hair changed

Ah yes the jewish life cycle

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

etalian posted:

Portland is better since it doesn't have any rape dungeons.

i'm sure there's at least one!

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
also it's kinda gay how Portland stole their catchprase from Austin considering their high standards for originality

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Telesphorus posted:

i'm sure there's at least one!

It's more about 'what isn't a rape dungeon' then what is, in Portland.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Is "Portland standards" an oxymoron?

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
Asheville supremacy.

Shout out to Canby, OR!

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

psyopmonkey posted:

There is another bar around the corner that im a tad bit more comfortable in.

Social anxiety is a hell of a thing.

Hey OP, what kinda pets do you have?

I have two pugs. And a roadside attraction is pretty rad, my faborite bar so far.

Throwdown fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 22, 2014

John Yossarian
Aug 24, 2013
Which city is better, Portland or Seattle?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Seattle for yuppies, Portland for hippies.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Both places for the most insufferable sports fans west of the Rockies!

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

John Yossarian posted:

Which city is better, Portland or Seattle?

If you're looking to move to a city? Portland.
(Seattle's cooler, go away)

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
The people that I work with were super excited that I showed up for work. I am pretty sure that I was hired just based on the fact that I am not a native.

A Touch of Satan
Apr 6, 2009
I've lived in Portland for over a year now. Summer is the worst time for the hobos. Once the sunny weather ends, the street kids leave and the hobos retreat because they know the tourists are gone. Gets way better in the winter, but there's always gonna be some around. The homeless community is just a fact of life here. I live and work in Old Town so I've gotten pretty used to ignoring them or telling them to gently caress off. Just be aware that if any are being super friendly, it's because they want to sell you crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

A Touch of Satan posted:

I've lived in Portland for over a year now. Summer is the worst time for the hobos. Once the sunny weather ends, the street kids leave and the hobos retreat because they know the tourists are gone. Gets way better in the winter, but there's always gonna be some around. The homeless community is just a fact of life here. I live and work in Old Town so I've gotten pretty used to ignoring them or telling them to gently caress off. Just be aware that if any are being super friendly, it's because they want to sell you crack

Sweet, thanks for the advice on getting some crack.

• Locked thread