Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Just moved from SE Portland to west linn. No more hobos, hipsters, minorities, and weirdos. Lots of middle class middle aged white folks hurray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
My twin brother moved to Portland last year for a job. One of my exs is from there as well.

Despite all the hipsters and hobos, the one thing that's refreshing is how relaxed everyone is compared to here in SoCal. Like people will stop their cars for others to cross the street, not everyone is trying to go somewhere at 100 mph, etc.

But it rains a shitload and you can't get avocados all year, so gently caress that.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe that's just a thing in the PNW. I'm in Boise and people drive the exact same way. It's infuriating.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It is for now but if you fags keep moving here and congesting our little lovely streets you can wave goodbye to this 'nice driver' BS. Portland is becoming a real city and eventually that means we gotta get rid of the homeless and drive like assholes.

Btw keep moving here. I actually think it owns.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

echronorian posted:

Portland is becoming a real city and eventually that means we gotta get rid of the homeless and drive like assholes.

nah, that means the rest of the US will ship their homeless to you (see bay area)

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Xaris posted:

nah, that means the rest of the US will ship their homeless to you (see bay area)

They already do.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Just moved from SE Portland to west linn. No more hobos, hipsters, minorities, and weirdos. Lots of middle class middle aged white folks hurray!

West Linn is just little Lake Oswego. West Linn is above Wilsonville, and Wilsonville is above Oregon City. Those are ranked by whiteness, btw.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Maybe that's just a thing in the PNW. I'm in Boise and people drive the exact same way. It's infuriating.

Moved to Seattle recently after 11 years in PDX and am pleasantly surprised that people here drive like total assholes, it makes getting anywhere much easier since people here actually understand what to do on a freeway onramp or at a 4-way stop. Also, having a well paying job is p cool too.

FlyingCheese posted:

Most of the anti-vax naturopath anti-science retards live in Gresham anyway and hate Portland itself so you can easily avoid those idiots.

Nah, inner Portland is full of them, I couldn't read Facebook at all during that whole debacle for fear I'd die of a rage-induced embolism and I know literally 0 Portlanders that live outside of the urban core besides some friends parents.

To the poster looking for young fit babes, Denver and Boulder are good for that, they're the fittest places in the country, have colleges, and are relatively hip so it's not a complete nightmare to live there in my experience visiting a few times.

Also, why do people go to the west side at all unless you work there or go to PSU? You're doing Portland wrong, smdh.

himajinga fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 25, 2014

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

himajinga posted:

Also, why do people go to the west side at all unless you work there or go to PSU? You're doing Portland wrong, smdh.

Well the west side is where the actual downtown area of the city is, and the unhip areas mean you have fewer interactions with recent "Keep Portland Weird"-branded transplants. I admit I'd probably be more inclined to live on the east side if our current location wasn't so convenient for work, for the food if nothing else, but NW can be fun and SW offers a variety of quiet neighborhoods that still offer incredibly fast access to the downtown core via car or bus.

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Get out get out all you fuckers get the hell out.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Redjakk posted:

Get out get out all you fuckers get the hell out.

I did, chill.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Portland owns. Except for when transplants try to make it like where they came from. Dont. Just stop doing that. Its chillax here.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm from here and I say keep 'em coming. Hell, move here with a girlfriend so you can split up and I can bang more "loser waitresses" as that one guy put it. Thanks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
whats the authentic vagina to penis ratio in p-town?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 25, 2014

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

psyopmonkey posted:

Real talk...

Are all the hobos gonna leave once it gets colder?

Don't know but if you think Portland has a lot of hobos you've never been to Anchorage

idgi

If I was homeless here I'd figure out a job or a way to Tampa post haste

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

himajinga posted:

Came here to post this, NW is a bunch of tech startups trying to pretend they didn't get (comparatively) cheap real estate, surrounded by all the reasons why it was cheap to begin with. East side of the river is basically an enormous suburb with the food you get in bigger cities and it owns.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
i really liked portland when i visited. frankly the whole PNW region is pretty sweet from my idiotic kangaroo perspective.

i got way hosed up in portland, had a blast. 10/10 would visit and get hosed up in numerous microbreweries again.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I went to Portland for a week and had a blast.

I'm cool and smart somebody hire me plz.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
If you can't have fun in portland, you're broken in some way.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Honestly the biggest problem I have at 30 in Portland is I have too much fun and my body and wallet are getting upset with me.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

echronorian posted:

I'm from here and I say keep 'em coming. Hell, move here with a girlfriend so you can split up and I can bang more "loser waitresses" as that one guy put it. Thanks.

there's nothing wrong with banging loser waitresses many are attractive or v.attractive and even cool/interesting(still losers IMO) but bragging about it is very HS

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
His words, not mine. I thought it was a little tasteless but ultimately true so idk

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

echronorian posted:

Portland is becoming a real city and eventually that means we gotta get rid of the homeless

shouldnt be any harder than getting rid of the blacks

lived in portland for a year and it's by far my favorite city. only complaint is too many white people. would love to move back though.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i was 13 miles from home one night after the trimet closed. walked clear across portland, across the freeway, etc, and it was no big deal. a bunch of homeless people kept offering me places to crash.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
also every now and then i'd get on the bus and a nice homeless person would start telling me about various food shelters i could go to if i was hungry/needed a place to crash. i dont know why. portland homeless a very friendly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Born and raised in Portland.
The town owns but there are too many hippie types that talk a big game about conservation but do nothing about it. Either commit to the process and make the sacrifice or admit that conservation is hard and too inconvenient for you.

There really aren't that many hipsters that spaz out over gluten or whatever and the ones that do are looked down on.
Honestly, the biggest assholes are the kids from California that have more money than sense and the NYC hipsters that NEVER SHUT UP about how much better New York is even though they chose to live here :psyduck:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

shouldnt be any harder than getting rid of the blacks

lived in portland for a year and it's by far my favorite city. only complaint is too many white people. would love to move back though.

Well you don't know your Portland history if you think there were ever very many. And oh guess what people like you moving here made it harder for everyone poor, no matter race.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

echronorian posted:

His words, not mine. I thought it was a little tasteless but ultimately true so idk

Uh I was the one who posted that earlier i was clarifying. idk what is tasteless about not bragging about women w/o career prospects attractive or not but we

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinking about moving to Portland, or am I too late?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Do it :getin:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yea move to p-town, its good and cool and every single chick is dtf (even if they're not single)

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

Pendent posted:

You know OP, I just moved here a few weeks ago down from Alaska. It seems like pretty nice place except for the fact that it has seemed to be on the surface of the sun. The traffic heading into town from Beaverton is pretty brutal as well, I suppose. I'm told Intel is to blame.
I do really love being able to walk over to some food trucks during my lunch break. I'm particularly addicted to Indian food and have been finding delicious new places to eat pretty frequently.
Hopefully you enjoy your time here, OP. I know I have been.

Congrats on escaping the frozen shithole known as Alaska.

Don't loving drive here, it's for idiots/suburbanites. If the place you live "requires" it, you need to move somewhere that isn't garbage..

Arcaeris posted:

Despite all the hipsters and hobos, the one thing that's refreshing is how relaxed everyone is compared to here in SoCal. Like people will stop their cars for others to cross the street, not everyone is trying to go somewhere at 100 mph, etc.

There are plenty of homicidal self absorbed drivers in the metro area. They're the ones trying to get to 26 or I-5 around 5 or 6 PM. gently caress slumburb dwellers.

Rap Songs From Anime fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Sep 26, 2014

felinelvr
Mar 8, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Born and raised in Portland.
The town owns but there are too many hippie types that talk a big game about conservation but do nothing about it. Either commit to the process and make the sacrifice or admit that conservation is hard and too inconvenient for you.

There really aren't that many hipsters that spaz out over gluten or whatever and the ones that do are looked down on.
Honestly, the biggest assholes are the kids from California that have more money than sense and the NYC hipsters that NEVER SHUT UP about how much better New York is even though they chose to live here :psyduck:
Realtalk going there for about 3 days. Are there any good sites to see? And yes I'm from California. :/

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

felinelvr posted:

Realtalk going there for about 3 days. Are there any good sites to see? And yes I'm from California. :/

Kenny and Zukes

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The Original hotcake house on Powell around 4 am on a weekend.

loving trust me. Do it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

felinelvr posted:

There are tons of good bars and micro brewreies, sure, but try to see some of the botanical gardens. Late spring and early autumn are the best times.

Rap Songs From Anime
Aug 15, 2007

felinelvr posted:

What kind of things are you in to? There's a lot to see and do, narrow it down some!

echronorian posted:

loving trust me. Do it.

Do this.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Go to Roxy's at 1 am on a Saturday/sunday. It's dumb but sometimes fun.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Inzombiac posted:

There are tons of good bars and micro brewreies, sure, but try to see some of the botanical gardens. Late spring and early autumn are the best times.

The Gardens are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

echronorian posted:

loving trust me. Do it.

• Locked thread