Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't understand why she keeps getting parts. I'm not saying it's not the script's fault, but she keeps getting put in high profile shows.
Lower asking price versus someone her same age with Emmys or Oscars under her belt.

I hope this show isn't always over the top like the pilot was. The whole plane thing was ridiculous. I guess it's fortunate airline builders waste money to add another 50 feet to all CAT5 cables for no other reason than to just do it because space on an airlines isn't limited at all, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

It was an extra Cat5 cable, not the existing one that had 50' extra slack.
I guess I missed that in the jump cut.

It's still a bit out there.

"If in the event of cyber terrorism, your seat cushion will become a Cat5 cabling flotation device."

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

There are 4 operating airports within 90 miles or less of LAX that all have runways capable of landing large airbuses (Burbank, Long Beach, John Wayne Terminal in Orange County and Ontario International Airport).

Also dotted about are two decommissioned military airstrips with runways still intact (Los Alimitos near Long Beach and El Toro Airfield near Irvine).

Just outside of that there's the relatively little used Palmdale International where Lockheed-Martin once resided and out in the Mojave Desert there is Edwards Air Force Base which has a huge dry lake bed capable of landing planes and Space Shuttles.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

But I guess if "already descended into landing pattern" worked for Die Hard 2...
"Welp, that loving bird killed our thrust and we have no power to make it back to LaGuardia. The computer won't let us glide land onto the Hudson River because it's not a runway. I guess we're hosed. Tell the passengers to call their loved ones or their priests to perform last rites. I'm gonna go snag some scotch from the drink cart and throw it back before the sweet sweet release of death envelopes my soul because I am only a man incapable of being an airline pilot without assistance of Intel inside." ~ Capt. Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger (US Airways Flight 1549) Deceased.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The seemingly mute son is quite the normal Chatty Kathy when with the nerds.
He acts like a kid of his age is supposed to.

This show is really silly but doesn't come close to the retardation that is Under The Dumb.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pentyne posted:

I'm beating a dead horse, but I am desperately awaiting for someone to break down the entire Walter O'Brian saga and expose him for fat piece of poo poo that he is.
Maybe it's really James Van Praagh in disguise and CBS are just recycling and rebranding the mountains of unused Ghost Whisperer scripts when James was knocked loopy on methadone and absinthe and spent weeks banging at the keyboard like a monkey.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

pentyne posted:

This was an entire episode dedicated to Walter constantly having to tell people "Love isn't real, its just a reaction to brain chemicals"

And, shocker, the team mom now finds herself strangely attracted to Walter, and gives him odd looks every time he does another love rant.
It's typical paint by numbers TV writing, what did you expect?

Walter, in addition to the rest of the /scorp/ crew, are nice to the kid because they all see a bit of themselves in him and want to help because they all relate to being the awkward kid back in the day. Walter, of course, leans more toward a more fathering and nurturing role with the kid that makes Mommy McPhee all weak-kneed and googly pants.

So, of course they are going to wedge a love and feelings B-plot into the series to come back and revisit periodically. It must be proven that women eat this poo poo up because just about every series in existence does it in some shape or form.

Personally, I feel it's the "Moonlighting Kiss of Ultimate TV Show Death" because once the "will they or won't they" tension is removed the entire show downslides into typical relationship pablum. X-Files did it. Cheers did it. Friends did it from every which way and the list goes on and on.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

You're blaming this on women when this entire show is literally a sad middle-aged nerd/pathological liar writing idealized fanfiction about himself while claiming it's all totally real in real life you guys? :raise:
I'm not blaming any particular gender, but there must be some study somewhere that tells pretty much all tv writers to shoehorn in some relationship angle even when it isn't needed. It's a cheap goto plot device that in my opinion ruins the product as a whole. It's being done to grab some demographic or shows wouldn't constantly do it.

Now, I'm not saying /scorpion/ is Shakespeare tier story telling by a long shot but for a freshman show is it really necessary to rush down Romance Road with Mommy McPhee and Walter? That's season 5 type poo poo when the idea well is dried up.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Sweeping generalizations ahoy in this thread.

Is there anything else I've forgotten to say?
You two have this amazing pinpointed perception into how I think.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

I just watched the latest episode and it was pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. "LOVE ISN'T REAL, HAHA TOUCHING PEOPLE, AM I RIGHT" /awkwardly fondles her kid's skull while staring at her blankly, she is immediately won over
Ahh okay then.
We are on the same page.
Cause that part was silly and a bit creepy.

I thought you and uublog were busting my balls as if I'm some Walter sympathizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Paige is kinda a hot p.o.a. though so Walter is having issues with his dumb stick taking over.

That season finale teaser has :ughh: all over it.

• Locked thread