Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I can't wait to see everyone confusingly shuffle around the razorgore arena half-heartedly trying to dps down the nearest target for 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thanks for replicating the 2005 streaming experience too.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Bolow posted:

it's probably because they're too lovely to cope without blessing of salvation

fear ward

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i just did a LFR raid, i put some guy on follow and spammed aoe heals now and then. this was more fun than vanilla raids

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

how are there 40 people willing to do this

Lots of people miss it, which is crazy. I'm pretty content to just remember enjoying that content with the people I did it with, because it was the social stuff that made that content bearable, and the content itself was contemptible poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pookum posted:

there was almost nothing fun about original wow. except when you finally got bad rear end gear you could own noobs in pvp

The disgustingly unfair difference between someone who just hit the level cap, or someone who had been there a while but had pre-raid gear, and raid gear was nuts, and awesome. Being a warlock and just siccing your pet on the weakling and forgetting about them while you chain feared a mage to death... good times.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nomadologique posted:

i quit because this raid was so loving broken when it was first released
hahahahahahahahaha
then my guild was world first killing nefarian

also right after i quit warlocks became PVP gods, before that they were the worst PVP trash, of course i played a warlock

lol

So you left at the apex of the launch problems in WoW and totally missed out on the coke-and-hookers utopia of being a warlock as things got way better. lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Without going too much into :files:, there's already been massive truckloads of work by other people to get their own servers up and running. Including reaching out to former blizzard devs who then told them what to do. Essentaily you're setting up a server in the same way Blizzard sets up their own internal testing servers.

You just simply follow their guides and stuff. It's getting to the point where Warlords of Draenor is already up on private servers and people have already blazed through all of the content within a week or so. If you remove gating and mindless grinding you maybe only have like a 10-15 hour game including the leveling.

90 dollar game btw, and it has much less content than all the previous other expansions. WOTLK still has the most 5 mans at launch.Also they topped how bad the StarCraft 2 story was with warlords. Nothing makes any sense, it's even worse than Vanilla Diablo 3's story.

Like at least the WOTLK story had some suspension of disbelief, but this is all pretty much garbage. Now cataclym's story was iffy because all the raids sucked and the only real payoff was fighting Deathwing with the other bosses being poo poo garbage(with maybe resurrected nef and Ony being somewhat cool). And Pandaria had mediocre raid bosses that made no sense to why the existed or reasons, but Warlords is just a mess. The Panda people themselves I did not have a problem with though, they were really well designed compared to the TBC and Cataclysm races.

cataclysm and draenor seem like reworked old content. Cataclysm was mostly a world update so that the aging vanilla content didn't hold back the game. I don't know if everything got reworked, but levelling characters up pre-cata could be a pretty dire and terrible experience compared to what comes later.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kyrie eleison posted:

in vanilla wow everyone had to face reality. oh youre a druid? you have a tank and damage form? yeah tough crap you are a healer. and you gotta innervate priests instead of yourself because they are objectively better than you. your job is to bring motw and innervate and be a second rate healer. wear cloth, bitch. know your role and shut up

then in BC everything got all hippy and free form and everyone could do everything. priest tank? why not

i really enjoyed the warlock tank gimmick you could do on some raids, but it's regrettable that druids just get to be loving awesome at everything, it's three goddamn classes in one and that's stupid horseshit.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The best thing is that silithus is still entirely unchanged as an entire zone intended to inspire all the worst possible feelings a game could muster from you. Like, the worst vanilla zone in the game doesn't get a loving thing done to it since the patch where they gave it those terrible world pvp objectives.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

I like the zone it's like something out of Metroid, Stargate, or Starship troopers. And endless ancient sea of rocks and sand with brightly colored bugs and cool temples.

Visually it's really cool but there's no reason to go there to level up or do much of anything since you're gated into TBC content that's better for you

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i don't know how you wouldn't be naxx attuned, that was one of the easier attunements. Some bullshit quest in the plaguelands right? surely you'd do that as a matter of course if that patch is live.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i just /farted on my priest

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

well, her butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it really wasn't that bad and for a long time I preferred the standard UI because despite velious and luclin UI's being more transparent, they had a lot of lovely drawbacks and it took SOE a really long time to unfuck that UI.

• Locked thread