Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Al Toon, Chrebet...Jets have bad luck with mush brain WRs

Fun fact: Wayne Chrebet is currently a vp of wealth management at Barclays. So he's still doing pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quick Reads

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-3-quick-reads

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

It was great for the Ravens in a way too because it was another strike toward the important moment of Cameron getting fired the next season. It highlighted just how ineffective his offense was. I don't care how low on talent you are(and we weren't THAT bad) you don't go almost three whole quarters without a first down.
Cam Cameron was already fired though?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AFC Beast

@fbgchase
Ryan Tannehill is last among starting QBs in QBR. EJ Manuel is 2nd to last. Geno Smith is 3rd to last. Tom Brady's in bottom ten, too.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Blarfk posted:

This is really pedantic, but if he went 22/29 doesn't that mean he had seven failed completions...?
Throwing a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 11 counts as a failed completion.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This Rob Bironas stuff is pretty odd.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2014/09/23/students-say-rob-bironas-chased-threatened/16096649/

quote:

Connor Fraley said he was a passenger in a vehicle driving behind Bironas' white SUV on Battery Lane when he and others in the truck noticed a burning smell coming from Bironas' vehicle.

"His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, "Hey man, just a heads up, something's burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,'' Fraley recalled telling Bironas. "He looked over at me and said "I'm going to kill everybody in your (expletive) vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, "What?" And he said the exact same thing again."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OIL! OIL! OIL! posted:

So they just continued using and reporting QBR until it is was accepted? Unless you really think Josh McCown was the best QB in the NFL last year, why talk about it?
Because why not, people still post PFF ratings when Ben Hartsock was their #1 TE. The intent was obviously more lolafceast than Total QBR rules.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Petey posted:

FWIW - Greg Bedard just reported on 98.5 (the Pats radio station) that one of the reasons Mankins wouldn't restructure his contract to stay w/ the Pats is because he didn't want to play for Dave DeGuglielmo, the OL coach replacing Scar.

Also, apparently the last three offensive lines DeGuglielmo coached were in the bottom 5 of the league each year.

If you haven't been watching Pats games, Brady has been getting absolutely killed all season, and every member of the Pats o-line is in the bottom 10 of the league per PFF.
Heh. Dave DeGuglielmo on then Jets RT Wayne Hunter...

quote:

"This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said in an interview with reporters today. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son-of-a-gun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well."
He might be a downgrade from Scarnecchia.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chris de Sperg posted:

Austin Howard wasn't/isn't much better tbf
Austin Howard was a perfectly league average RT and an enormous upgrade over the Wayne Hunter/Jason Smith shitshow.

How he'll turn out as a guard is anyone's guess since he's never played it before getting to Oakland.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I was going to suggest Logan Ryan because that sure sounds like a white guy, but nope.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Claiborne skipped practice and took off after being demoted again.

@EdWerderESPN
Upon moving up to No. 6 overall pick to draft @MoClaiborne, Jerry Jones said he was highest-graded CB by #Cowboys since Deion Sanders.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Terry Glenn posted:

I bet Ponder is probably the best third-string QB in the league

*ducks*
FREE JOE WEBB

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Haha. Awesome. Philbin is definitely fired.

quote:

@AdamHBeasley
Tannehill just acknowledged that Philbin not naming him as starter has caused a distraction in the locker room. Also said he's starting.

@ArmandoSalguero
Tannehill says he wishes Philbin would be handling the QB question differently. "Honestly, yes..," he said.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pmchem posted:

N: tonight's new South Park is mocking the redskins
V: it's hilarious

"Washington Redskins, go gently caress yourself"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

That's only when we've lost in Washington though. We've never lost to them in Baltimore so that trick might not work. I'm not saying it won't but it's a case where there's an unknown in play.

This is the weirdest most relatable form of fan OCD i think I've seen. Well done.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

All aboard the Khalil Mack Love Train

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-khalil-mack

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Joe McKnight tore his Achilles in practice yesterday.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ill trade the Jets 2nd rounder for Manziel right now.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Christ no. The jets were fools for passing on Bridgewater. I said that all offseason and I'm saying it now. It's unbelievable that they didn't draft him and drafted a SS to play at FS who can't cover anyone. Almost as unbelievable as going into this season with this lovely roster and 20M in cap room.
You'll like this one. 2014 4th rounder Jalen Saunders.

@nyjets
We have released WR Jalen Saunders and signed WR T.J. Graham.

packsmack posted:

How is having 20M in cap room going to work anyway? I thought there was a salary floor now so they have to spend it all?
It's a floor over a 4 year period or something similar, and even then there's no actual penalty. You just need to pay out the difference to members of your own 53-man roster.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 29, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

TWELVE Draft picks. Not one trade in the draft and 2 out of the 3 WR's they drafted are already cut. Just mind boggling incompetence.
Also Manish is saying we signed Chris Owusu who has done nothing but get his head scrambled so weeeeeeee....

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Burger Trench posted:

Ruh-roh

Tim Graham @ByTimGraham
Don't be surprised if Doug Marrone makes a big announcement at his 3:30 news conference. Kyle Orton talk getting louder at One Bills Drive.
Kyle Orton is Chekhov's gun.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Rick got a DUI and was subsequently released.

@mchappell51
Colts HC Chuck Pagano: We have released Da'Rick Rogers for conduct detrimental (to the team).

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

EJ Manuel has the highest ANY/A of the AFC East quarterbacks. Heh.

• Locked thread