Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get out of fyad
Mar 27, 2013
One defining traits of the computer revolution is the amount of free stuff. Because things like software and media take the form of digital data, it's easy to legally (and illegally) gain access to the latest great stuff. But there's one thing that even the savviest pirate can't download: hardware. Expensive computer hardware is necessary to get the most out the technological world, and since it's a physical good, you can't get it off limewire. From time to time on computer help forums, a less tech-savvy users will post a question asking where they can download computer memory. This is such a frequent occurrence that a hoax website has appeared, claiming to allow users to "download more ram".

But within a few decades, this joke may very well become reality... due to the 3D printing revolution. It will be possible to download "blueprints" for upgraded computer hardware, and have a "3D Printer" read the blueprints and assemble it for you. The next step from there will be to have 3D printers integrated within the computer itself, allowing the possibility of self-updating computers. As with all digital technologies, these devices will start of as big, unweildly, and only for a niche audience, until they get improved to be compact elegant models with mass appeal. Just imagine having your smartphone update to the newest version of it's operating system, but then also update it's CPU and RAM to the latest model! Seems crazy, but with technology progressing at such a rapid pace, it looks like the victims of http://www.downloadmoreram.com/ will get to have the last laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

im going to download this thread and put it in my "bad threads" folder

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
3D printing is only good for Dragons and Dildos, and I don't see any Dragons.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
my internet is slow sometimes, can i download more ram to make my internet faster?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

download

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

more

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ram

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

wish i could download better posts

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I seriously can't believe the amount of RAM in the Xbox One or the iPhone 6 (they called the 9th iPhone the iPhone 6).

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

use this op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I clicked that image 32 times so now I have 4000 petabytes I think

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

akadajet posted:

use this op

is this a ponzi scheme

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i see you've downloaded skylark's gimmick op

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Jonad posted:

i see you've downloaded skylark's gimmick op

skylark is the only poster with a perfect post history

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

akadajet posted:

use this op

Realpost I bought this from a garage sale in the 90s

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:jackbud:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i will never buy a 3D printer until they are being truthfully marketed as "general assemblers" because that sounds so much cooler

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

kraftwerk singles posted:

I seriously can't believe the amount of RAM in the Xbox One or the iPhone 6 (they called the 9th iPhone the iPhone 6).

why they use noob ram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

atomicthumbs posted:

i will never buy a 3D printer until they are being truthfully marketed as "general assemblers" because that sounds so much cooler

itym universal constructor

• Locked thread