Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And Jaha reveals that his story was not happening concurrently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Anybody else go "drat IT MURPHY SHOOT FINN!!!!" at the end there? Because I sure did.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Finn has certainly lost his mind.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hahah, I was somewhat doubting they'd actually go there with Finn. Score another for the show.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Feels so good to watch Finn totally gently caress up.

Question? Why did Lincoln inject himself again near the end? Is he already addicted?

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 20, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Anybody else go "drat IT MURPHY SHOOT FINN!!!!" at the end there? Because I sure did.

You know Finn was messed up earlier when Murphy was the one making sense.

Tokubetsu posted:

Feels so good to watch Finn totally gently caress up.

Question? Why did Lincoln inject himself again near the end? Is he already addicted?

Yea pretty much. That's probably what they use to keep the reapers under their control / near Mt Weather with the sound thing as a back up. Mt Weather you are cartoonishly evil.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
They use the sound thing to control them but it seems like they use the drug as a reward for capturing grounders and bringing them to be used as blood.

Also how is this show so good. How many other "teen dramas" have had one of the handsome love interests end up gunning down innocent people like it's nothing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Well if a peace deal ever happens, I'm guessing one of the stipulations is Finn getting handed over as a war criminal.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lycus posted:

Well if a peace deal ever happens, I'm guessing one of the stipulations is Finn getting handed over as a war criminal.

Pfff, as if there ever was a chance of peace. There's no way this doesn't end up with the grounders getting enslaved by the mountainmen or genocided by method of Clarke.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
The grounders and the ark people have a common enemy so I still think it is likely there will be some sort of working together. Octavia will probably have something to do with it since she's been part of both sides.

Interesting structure to the episode as well, beginning with that happy reunion (really showing how well acted Clarke and Abby are), and ending with the counterpoint: the dark turn to that slaughter which was even more pointless because Clarke was already safe and well.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
gently caress, this is a good show. I keep on expecting ludicrous CW bullshit, which even The Flash and Arrow are guilty of, but this show really seems to have it out for its CW masters.

Oh, we have to keep on casting pretty young actors? Let's cover them in poo poo and blood.

Oh, you want a love triangle? gently caress you, kill Jaha!

Oh, you want another love triangle? Finn just murdered children and old people.

Also, the Mount Weather characters are actually just vampires, complete with old-timey clothes. That's cool.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Am I the only one rooting for Mt weather?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dalael posted:

Am I the only one rooting for Mt weather?

They're basically radiation vampires by this point so why not.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xoidanor posted:

They're basically radiation vampires by this point so why not.

Well... the way i see it, GVT spent billions making all sorts of nuke shelters. If those guys lose, it means more billions in wasted taxes. Do you want your taxes to go to waste? No? Then mt weather it is!

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Why doesn't the president just want to integrate the ark survivors into the current bloodline? Then they might, you know, be able to go outside after a few generations? Just a thought.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Merlinicus posted:

Why doesn't the president just want to integrate the ark survivors into the current bloodline? Then they might, you know, be able to go outside after a few generations? Just a thought.

He might, seeing as he wasn't completely on board with the vampire poo poo of the survivors.

One thing I really liked was that they didn't beat you over the head with what the Mt Weather scientist was doing to Lincoln. Like how there's nothing special about the sound machine on its own, it's just negative reinforcement where they play the sound and electrocute him enough so that he begins to associate the sound with pain.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Wow, so much to like about this show. I was also yelling at Murphy to shoot Finn, :lol: I can't believe that's a thing this show made me do. Finn's "I found you!" to Clarke was gloriously hosed up, and she is SO done with him.

I like that she's a character I can feel sure is done with Finn (at least as a love interest), much like Skye on S.H.I.E.L.D. with Ward. (spoiled just in case someone was waiting to watch season 1 still :lol: )

I also like how they are showing Lincoln's conditioning. It must be the drug that fucks up their bodies, not the radiation. The Reapers reap Grounders for Mt. Weather. They also protect the mountain (Cerebus).

Just blanked on Goggles' name but he's still an idiot and Monty is the best. :colbert:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Jasper and Finn were kinda meh this episode. Actually, mostly meh all around, I definitely agree with AV Club's review for last night's episode (the words, not the grade). Felt like Finn turned way too hard (even with the execution earlier) to just mow people down, or Jasper deciding to help Maya with something so extreme (only slightly more believable because pussy on a pedestal but still). Seemed like they just changed their minds because the plot demanded it, which is actually lazy writing, when they could've easily just had other characters do the job instead.

Lincoln's story is interesting though, dunno how I feel about the two doctors dressing diametrically opposed (lab coat white vs. black suit jacket) but both of them being neither. Or maybe it was meant to be ironic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Clarke and Bellamy reunion was pretty nice, how shocked he was that she was so happy to see him.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

The shippers call them Bellarke and I hate that I know this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

The shippers call them Bellarke and I hate that I know this.

I hate you for sharing that.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I hate you for sharing that.

:razz:

It was the official Facebook page, actually. I dunno what Clarke/Finn is... Clann? Farke? :barf:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hollylolly posted:

:razz:

It was the official Facebook page, actually. I dunno what Clarke/Finn is... Clann? Farke? :barf:

Ugh. I hate you so much right now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Finn doesn't even deserve Murphy at this point.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Sober posted:

Jasper and Finn were kinda meh this episode. Actually, mostly meh all around, I definitely agree with AV Club's review for last night's episode (the words, not the grade). Felt like Finn turned way too hard (even with the execution earlier) to just mow people down, or Jasper deciding to help Maya with something so extreme (only slightly more believable because pussy on a pedestal but still). Seemed like they just changed their minds because the plot demanded it, which is actually lazy writing, when they could've easily just had other characters do the job instead.

Well Jasper is the one who likes Maya and Finn is the one who was hell bent on finding Clarke, and both these developments have been happening all season so I don't really get the, other character could have substituted arguments. I don't think either thing was entirely out of the blue. And yes they were both rather extreme actions but this seems to be the kind of show where extreme things happen and I think that's a good thing for entertainment.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sober posted:

Finn doesn't even deserve Murphy at this point.

Furphy! Angry, angry sex.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Is Finn gonna go double-crazy after Clarke rejects him for becoming a war criminal?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I thought was funny about first season Finn was the reveal that he pulls the same moves on multiple girls. Like he gave both Clarke and Raven hand made little statues.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

One thing I thought was funny about first season Finn was the reveal that he pulls the same moves on multiple girls. Like he gave both Clarke and Raven hand made little statues.

So who did Finn mass murder for Raven on the station? :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now we know why he was in prison!

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So who did Finn mass murder for Raven on the station? :tinfoil:

Well he did waste like 3 months worth of air on his unauthorized space walk. I think that makes him responsible for the 300 people that were killed off because the station was running out of air.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lets not forget the kids who died while the shuttle was landing due to following his example. Finn has a death count which puts everyone but Clarke to shame.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Xoidanor posted:

Finn has a death count which puts everyone but Clarke to shame.

I see where y'all are coming from, but this fact right here makes those two perfect for each other.

Farke 4Lyfe. :colbert:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Finn is the worst.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I think after he inevitably tries to go back to Raven after Clarke rejects him, Raven probably won't want anything to do with him either. If that happens I foresee Finn coming to a bad end (also those surviving Grounders probably don't like him very much).

Edit: I'm equal parts afraid and curious as to what shipper name has been put together for Octavia and Lincoln...

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 21, 2014

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

hollylolly posted:

Edit: I'm equal parts afraid and curious as to what shipper name has been put together for Octavia and Lincoln...

Otacon :suicide:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

He might, seeing as he wasn't completely on board with the vampire poo poo of the survivors.

Yeah, President Arlo seems to have some hidden moral depths. Anything is possible on this show with the heel/face turns we've seen from people like Kane, Bellamy, Murphy, etc. Or face/heel in the case of Finn. Christ, when Murphy is looking at him like "DUDE, I WAS NEVER EVEN THIS PSYCHOTIC!" it was great.

I was legit surprised Jaha came back into the picture so soon. Guess he wasn't that far away from VA after all.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Before this episode, thought maybe Jaha was in the Southwest and the City of Light was Vegas.

New Vegas.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Lycus posted:

Before this episode, thought maybe Jaha was in the Southwest and the City of Light was Vegas.

New Vegas.

Based on the opening credits I assumed that it was New York.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Proposition Joe posted:

Based on the opening credits I assumed that it was New York.

I would doubt it would be New York. Might be just me, but I have this feeling that if there was a nuclear war, New York would most likely be one of the first cities under a mushroom cloud. And if you think about it, in the setting they find themselves, basically any medium town with electricity could be considered the city of light..

DarkCrawler posted:

Finn is the worst.

I loving loved when he looked at Clarke and said: 'I found you'. He's totally clueless to her reaction.

hollylolly posted:

I think after he inevitably tries to go back to Raven after Clarke rejects him, Raven probably won't want anything to do with him either. If that happens I foresee Finn coming to a bad end (also those surviving Grounders probably don't like him very much).

At this point, I just don't see anything going well for anyone at any point. Too much blood has been spilled by all sides. It would be near impossible for these parties to reconciliate.

Face it guys, everyone's gonna die :suspense:

• Locked thread