Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
it's pretty good but I was out after the first season, all the other characters are kind of dumb compared to sean bean and his king bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
kinda hard to be dumber than ned stark tho

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

whoflungpoop posted:

kinda hard to be dumber than ned stark tho

yea he was a grade a chump, more like hand of the chump am i rite

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

frajaq posted:

It's worth watching purely for Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Cacodad posted:

Is this a bad idea?

please confirm/deny

You have an insanely cute avatar and oh god please don't go near GoT

E: http://youtu.be/XjzC2DRgEo4

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Game of Thrones is a very faithful adaptation of a better book series that starts to collapse under its own weight after Book 3. Would not recommend either.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
oh sweet summer goon

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the characterization is good. i dunno how well it comes across in the show if you dont have experience of the book first though

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

What the gently caress is a Deadwood

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
your penis

Disconnecticus
Oct 21, 2012

Wait, like, actual money?
I think Season 1 was by far the best, taken as a whole production. After that there's just too much material covered in too little space.

But it's fantasy done in a way that appeals to secretaries and accountants and other normals, basically. The nerds pretty much have to like it because it's not atrocious. It's the only time I've ever seen Swords & Sorcery fantasy done in a way that didn't make me cringe, apart from the Lord of the Rings movies.

Costello Jello posted:

No people watch Game of Thrones for fantasy escape, because they think if they lived in that world they'd be Jon Snow. Kind of the same principle behind how poor people vote to decrease taxes on the rich. "That'll be me someday, because I'm special!"

Personally I expect I'd be Dead Peasant #327.

edit - Sorry, didn't mean to offend the typing pool. You girls do great work!

Disconnecticus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 25, 2014

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think the entire series is very good op have you watched it yet

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Disconnecticus posted:

in a way that appeals to secretaries and accountants and other normals, basically.

wtf is this post

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Christmas Miracle posted:

wtf is this post

Goons routinely try to be insightful and astute about society, often way beyond their scope of experience. Sometimes it actually lands really well, other times you get that post.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Vernii posted:

What the gently caress is a Deadwood

a show some people think is objectively better than game of thrones because david milch uses big words a lot and it makes them feel smart

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Watch Game of Thrones and think about how enlightened and first world you are, and how a lot of the poo poo on that show wouldn't fly today.

Maybe J/O a little about it, I don't know, it's your free time and your business.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
tits and swords, sex and violence, backstabbing and king-cucking. you don't need to overthink this stuff. it's a fun show

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Pivotal Lever posted:

a show some people think is objectively better than game of thrones because david milch uses big words a lot and it makes them feel smart

I guess they sound big to you.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Deadwood, the erudite thinking man's show, featuring such spelling bee puzzlers as "cowboy", "saloon", and "motherfuck you".

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

cocksuckers is 11 letters

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

The Kraken posted:

tits and swords, sex and violence, backstabbing and king-cucking. you don't need to overthink this stuff. it's a fun show

dragons burning towns and ppl burning fleets and the queefghost milfwitch burning non-believers

the arson in this show is worth it alone

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 25, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

game of thrones is fun. it has something for everyone. also danaerys owns.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bro Dad posted:

its weird how people dont realize that grrm is just a big ol history nerd who just changes some of the names around with a magic framing device

kinda lazy actually

Yeah but, the War of Roses is BORING AS HELL without pyromancers and stuff

naem
May 29, 2011

My ex was a queefghost milfwitch

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Similar to season 1 of Home Improvement it features midgets, boobs, butts, an autistic king, gay guys shaving each other, only 1 fat person in the entire series and people getting they dilz cut off

Ducreux
Dec 14, 2009
It's a pretty boring show, you will find one or two characters interesting and they will most likely die. You will get to see them every second episode, the rest is just filler with people you are hoping will die but they never will.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
You don't actually have to watch Game of Thrones, just be Facebook friends with people who are and you practically watch the show given all the open spoilers they will post.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ducreux posted:

It's a pretty boring show, you will find one or two characters interesting and they will most likely die. You will get to see them every second episode, the rest is just filler with people you are hoping will die but they never will.

just like real life

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i watched the first two seasons after being convinced to do so. i liked it but then i got to season three watched half an episode and decided i didnt give a gently caress anymore.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

frajaq posted:

frajaq posted:

frajaq posted:

frajaq posted:

frajaq posted:

it's no longer worth watching

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Justin Godscock posted:

You don't actually have to watch Game of Thrones, just be Facebook friends with people who are and you practically watch the show given all the open spoilers they will post.

GoT is the Crossfit of TV, seems legit at first and there may be good bits but you don't care to explore it because people who like it won't shut the gently caress up about it ever

Oh yeah and fantasy soap opera.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

Parity warning posted:

GoT is the Crossfit of TV, seems legit at first and there may be good tits

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
watch an ep or 2 and see if u like it, if you do cool if you don't, also cool

who cares what other ppl like unless its like big bang theory

bazinga

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
You can watch it but DO NOT form your own opinion without making sure to clear it with GBS first.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the themesong is by far the best thing about the show. It's a good theme song

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

your friends are dumb OP

spend your time lifting weights or performing mind exercises to acquire psychic powers or something, while they're wasting their lives jacking off and watching poo poo tv you'll be on your way to world domination

naem
May 29, 2011

proof of concept posted:

the themesong is by far the best thing about the show. It's a good theme song

I like the little clockwork housey things too OH and the boobies

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jack Gladney posted:

I like the fat bald one who keeps a guy in a box just so he has a punchline for when he tells his life story. Like, does he decide ahead of time when he's going to tell the story and then just make sure that the other person is near the box when he starts talking? Does he have people deliver it to where he's going to be that day? Does he feed the guy?

It takes dedication, I'm saying.

Answer to the underlined: Basically, one of the only real rules so far that you can find in the books relating to magic is that, once you're a Red Priest who can read the fires or revive a dead motherfucker 7 times or can actually bring Ironborn back from their baptismal drowning more than, like, half the time, you don't need to eat. Damphair, Moqorro, Melisandre, at the very least. I doubt Bloodraven has been getting much fresh food where he's been for the last hundred years. The sorcerer in the box has his mouth stitched shut, too, so I doubt he's eating any time soon.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
maybe you would fit in better if you watched the show, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I like the little clockwork housey things too OH and the boobies

oh yeah plenty of grade-A boobies for sure
but you get to hear the cool title theme and see the cool animations for it EVERY EPISODE

• Locked thread