Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why's that Golem right there by Norowas as well?

Also sorry Norowas, i'm gonna let the tiny bird take his time before i do any kind of moving around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Uh last question, i'm allowed to interact non-violently with a city right? Or do i have conquer it first for that?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

With Norowas being the nastiest of us all somehow!

Okay with all questions done, i suppose i should actually get moving before nightfall eh?

Playing Powered up Improvisation and discarding Promise for 5 move

Then using the source to Power up Stamina for 9 total move

Put me next to Norowas so i can watch him from the safety of the woods.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hey what kind of place are you running here?! I wanted move cards in my hand and I didnt get any! You will be hearing from the BBB about this!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Play Stamina for 2 move, enter Blue City

No range or siege

Use Shield Mastery to block and take no damage

Power up Intimidate for the kill and the level

It's cool Norowas, i finished the job for you :smug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Janitors are one shield? Then leaders are 2? That's quite a big jump in authority!

Unless you're just being mean in which case screw you elf :smith:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I play Tranquility for it's card draw effect before i do anything else

IGNORE THIS

I play Improvisation by discarding Cold Toughness for 3 Influence

Peasants give me 2 more for 5

Playing Tranquilty and March sideways for 7

Using that 7 Influence and the white from the source i buy Wings of Wind

Impermanent posted:

It is extremely polite of Tovak to get rid of all of our extraneous enemies.

It's really easy when yall don't leave me with much :razz:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 11, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Istvun posted:

One thing that's interesting is that being in three cities is better than owning two.

But good ol' greencity is decently far away from all you jerkos

For all the talk earlier of me having a "personal city" to myself since everybody was racing North it seems the situation has really changed and you're the one that's had free reign of the north this whole loving time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Istvun posted:

Peasants were spent from my spell earlier. getwrecked e: but you do get a free influence for beating up the city.

also it's not my fault everyone else left. I guess they just got sick of deserts?

If that's the case then can i keep Tranquility and use it heal that wound in my hand? I hadn't taken that into account.

And also they saw the potential in stealing the city from the guy getting lovely draws and is currently going running an All Attack No Block deck ( with special guest Wings of Wind).

It'd be great if i would get the abilities that make this build a little bit less painful and 10x more fun.

Gutter Owl posted:

(Teasing aside, we've been leaving some easy pickings for Tovak, with all that bonus attack and block. At this rate, he might never own a city, but he's primed to have a stake in all of them, depending on what Aythea does with hers.)

Tovak's influence through out the cities is felt (partially) far and wide.

Speaking of Attack and Block build, Lost Legion came today! Looking at all the new goodies i'm kinda wishing i had (i think it's called) Determination right about now. :(

Also the Altana Masters are loving insane! Can't wait to actually get to play with this stuff.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Yeah the most complex part seems like everything surrounding Volkare and all the little extra bits they put on to the new units and effects. Everything else seems pretty self explanatory.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh sorry, Now that i know i can't actually get that spell without using my whole hand i'm not so sure it's worth it.

So i'm just gonna go back to Use Tranquility to see what i get with the card draw before i do anything

Lets see if i can't make it to clean up the mess at red city before they outsource it to those DRAGON folks. :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Once again, Power up Improvisation by discarding Cold Toughness[b]

Then playing a blue from the source [b]Power up Stamina, then play March and Swiftness normally

Which gives me 11 move, which'll put me right up above Goldyx

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Maximal Effect is pretty good though? Unless by throw away it means throw away and not discard.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Discard Crystalise to discard the 3 wounds in my hand, nothing else doing

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Of course now that i have a plan, Vlaada is going to screw me with my cards :sigh:

Play Swiftness with Threaten and Promise sideways for 4 move which moves me to the right. End turn

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Um also

Gutter Owl posted:

(I'll just post my next CO here: END ROUND.)

This all of our last turns this round right? Not that i could back and do anything differently now anyway :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

One of these days I will forget to discard everyone's hands fully before clicking next round and Tovak will end up with a 50-card deck.

And i'd still not be able to both attack and fully block in the same combat :razz:

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 14, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Well with just 3 cards I dont have much of a choice but to just get a good nights rest by discarding Rage and getting rid of the last wound in my hand

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Early Bird for me please

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Power up March with green source and move me onto Norowas' keep

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

No ranged or block, my minions take a wound and I take 1

Use Rage combined with Cold Swordsmanship for the kill

My house now!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Gutter Owl posted:

Dang. Okay, you can have the keep, Tovak. I know you have so very little in life.

I have to help run TWO separate cities in addition to taking your poo poo, you dont know what it's like :colbert:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Excuse me sir the title of Greatest Beating goes to me :smug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I can't lose horribly is cooperative! I'd be up for that as well :v:

Although i'd have to have the rulebook open next to way more often that i've had to have it so far (only once, waaaaay back in the beginning to double check if i could attack EVERYTHING from one space away like i could rampaging guys.)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

Volkaire's dead easy to manage - you just draw a card and see where he moves (and hope he doesn't splat you). Though I know there are a couple other people who have expressed interest, so I'll probably open it up to a random draw.

Well even if i don't get to play you can bet i'll be reading!

Stelas posted:

5 is the maximum even with the expansion - there are only just enough dice to handle 5 players + Volkaire + 2 standard in the source.

At an extrapolated level 40 for 5 players, a Heroic-level Volkaire would start with 4 white units, 4 grey units, 8 red units, and 20 green units. (e: That would, in fact, be the entire orc stack in a single go.)

All that on top of his own attack where 3/4 of the time it'll be brutal!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Well it seems Stelas never got around to posting what i wanted to do so i guess i have to do it myself, GOD!

I'll use Swiftness with Mana Draw sideways to move into the city, Use second effect of Ruby Ring, use my endless red mana to play powered up versions of Threaten and Intimidate along with taking a white from the source to power up Promise

Which with the -3 of my reputation which only leave me with 14 Influence but that's enough to buy me the Catapults and if i'm allowed to heal in cities i buy as much healing as i can with the 5 influence i have left, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

No matter the results (although we all know who is the biggest winner and biggest loser) it's been fun you guys!

We've finally come too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIy67DW0q6A

You only want the first 2 seconds of that video why the gently caress is it so hard to find just a 3 second clip of Kai saying final turn? ugh :(

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Stelas posted:

Sorry, kind of crashed out.

You don't really need to blow up the Ruby Ring for this? Just using it will give you a crystal and a token anyway, and you're only using two red mana. Similarly, you can't buy healing in cities, so strictly speaking grabbing two level II units would do you better.

Goldyx's Turn

~pretend I updated the map and offer here~

Oh you're right now that it's put that way. So just use the regular effect of the Ruby Ring and grab both Savage and Red Cape Monks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I never actually used Shield Mastery because while it would give me 3 block, i'd need-say-5 more after that that i couldn't generate just from my hand without sacrificing a kill.Hence having to use my face as a shield so much. :v:

Also ouch, i didn't know Greatest Beating was -2 per wound I thought it was simply just if you had the most lose 3.

All in all congrats to everybody else and maybe see some of you in the co-op thread!

• Locked thread