Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
About time, Gaben

So excited for this show to go out with a bang. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Azula's half spirt design kinda reminds me of Chiaki from Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne

Where did you get that comic from?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
How does she get through doorways.

The parts with Zhao are by Rufftoon, who draws Zhao a lot, the parts before that are by Makani.

I just finished binging Books 2 and 3, by far the third season was my favorite of the three.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
What time is the episode airing? I'm trying to figure out the GMT time, because I don't know whether it's gonna be on EST or not.

Makani is the best. Always liked his/her sketches.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

End of this month? How long has it been in development?

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Apparently a year or so. They're using an existing engine and it is after all a Platinum game, so yeah, I'm not surprised.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It's time table also might have been accelerated because of Nick's scheduling. Don't really want to release a game months or a year after a show has ended.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kibayasu posted:

It's time table also might have been accelerated because of Nick's scheduling. Don't really want to release a game months or a year after a show has ended.

lol young justice

edit: Can I buy Season 4 on Amazon yet?

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 2, 2014

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Mike DiMartino posted:

We devote a whole episode to Korra and her emotional and healing journey, beginning at the end of Book Three and following her recovery up to the start of Book Four. It’s one of our most unique episodes, storytelling-wise, and one I’m very proud of.

I'm still not ready for tomorrow

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Harold Cooplowski posted:

I'm still not ready for tomorrow

Just one episode? Wasted opportunity #76.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Sithsaber posted:

Just one episode? Wasted opportunity #76.

Yeah but the episode spans three years. maybe.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

hiddenriverninja posted:

So it's a traveling montage. :(

This is why Korra needs 20 episodes a season.

Ps. Okay 15 would work if handled right.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Nah. We already saw the opener to it and it was present day Asami and Mako, among others. I'm guessing it's her sad, being healed by Katara, and cutting her hair off at the end with cutaways to other plotlines.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Nah. We already saw the opener to it and it was present day Asami and Mako, among others. I'm guessing it's her sad, being healed by Katara, and cutting her hair off at the end with cutaways to other plotlines.

I would have preferred that they left things to the airbenders for a few episodes and had Jinora continue to be the only competent character by having her spirit find and go pick up a clearly not ready Korra. Then we get to reenact Bespin.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope tomorrow is a two episode deal, one episode of magic Kung-Fu fun is not enough

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/02/korra-creators-on-book-four-and-ending-the-series-channel-surfing-podcast

According to this podcast, episode 2 is going to be the "major Korra recovery" episode.

Other tidbits:

Bryan also says that he wishes the movie didn't exist. It's pretty funny.

Kuvira is set up to be a kind of Korra doppelganger in that they are young, driven and motivated in the same way, and this time Korra isn't fighting an old man.

They still want to be involved with the Avatar comics, but it's not the right time to bring another show into production.

Good watch.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

They still want to be involved with the Avatar comics, but it's not the right time to bring another show into production.

Yay, more comics!

I hope they find another writer to do post-Korra comics concurrent with more of the post-Avatar comics.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

but it's not the right time to bring another show into production.

The fact that they keep saying "not now" as opposed to "never" confirms to me that I will at some point be in my thirties and shamelessly watching a cartoon.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The fact that they keep saying "not now" as opposed to "never" confirms to me that I will at some point be in my thirties and shamelessly watching a cartoon.

And then again in your forties for the inevitable Fire Avatar series.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Some of us are already there :colbert:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If the show focuses almost entirely on Korra and her trauma/recovery, I can see it done well in one episode, though I hope they spend two episodes on it. I never really expected or wanted to spend 4+ episodes just on a sidelined Korra, better to have her struggle early, recover, and reflect on that recovery throughout the season. I'm excited as hell for the time skip too, should make for an interesting change and if Korra spends three years just recovering, it will make her recovery all the more impressive/meaningful. It should also lead to some big moments when she comes back, since she will have been away for awhile.

Still getting used to seeing her with the new haircut though. I definitely like it, but for half of the trailer I didn't even recognize her.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Miss Nomer posted:

Some of us are already there :colbert:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Like you had anything else planned.

Like any of us had anything else planned.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well I hope no one has anything planned right this moment 'cuz episode one's up on Amazon.com now.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Well I hope no one has anything planned right this moment 'cuz episode one's up on Amazon.com now.

Hahaha I was actually just checking if it was up elsewhere, kind of hoping it wasn't, because I should be getting to sleep... but welp!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Well, it's pretty obvious where this is going. I'm still along for the ride though!

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I have to say, Bolin acting like his Season 1 self was the biggest surprise in that episode. I guess they have to have him more subdued because of Prince Kuzco- I mean, Wu.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

I have to say, Bolin acting like his Season 1 self was the biggest surprise in that episode. I guess they have to have him more subdued because of Prince Kuzco- I mean, Wu.

Maybe they looked back at the "put a sock in it" thing at the end of book 3 and decided to tone him down a bit.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So that was an episode of Korra with almost no Korra. Decent though.

Korra's storyline feels like it'll be a retread of Buffy pretending to be Anne to escape her destiny.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Well that was depressing. Next episode is Korra's recovery, right? I wonder if she'll just show up at Air Temple Island or if they'll have to use Naga to track her down.
Place bets now on if we'll see Kuvira make her coup.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Are they going to million dollar baby korra?

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
That ep was...all right. I was saying all along that they should have just made the Red Lotus the villains of both of the last seasons, and this episode didn't do anything to change my mind.

But the season is young.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
(It's up on Nick.com now as well)

Bryke has mentioned that everything ties together in the end so I'm guessing the Red Lotus isn't out of the game yet.

I'm more worried that Kuvira -- who's really awesome so far -- will pull an Unalaq :saddowns: and ends up being the one who sent the bandits after Kai and Opal, just so the governor has no choice but to turn to her protection.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

A good episode. I hope to learn why Bolin thought it was such a great idea to help Kuvira, though.

PiedPiper fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 3, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Bolin's a born follower.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
So we had communists, religious zealots, and anarchists, now we're getting fascists.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

VanSandman posted:

Bolin's a born follower.

Bolin has always been the tumblr fanboy.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Looks like this is going to be another family fight like season two considering Kuvira split up the Metal Clan and is now marrying into it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder if we'll see Bolin square off against Mako?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

TheModernAmerican posted:

So we had communists, religious zealots, and anarchists, now we're getting fascists.

Continuing with the 20th century villain theme

• Locked thread