Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they explored enough space for now imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

honestly theyve been to most of space at this point

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
why do republicans hate nasa and space

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:gas:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thats for you parallax scroll

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Xaris posted:

they dont want nasa to prove god isnt real

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:oortcloud:

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax
is space even real, wheres the proof
nasa aka haarp

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mookface posted:

Thats for you parallax scroll

for harshing on my shizzz

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
wrong bitch space exploration is literally the only news stuff that even gives me a halfie so shut it

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

we need a new space race actually, NASA builds cool poo poo when they have actual funding

hopefully it's a race to see who can build a space elevator first because that would be baller as gently caress and make space mining feasible

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

thanks mookfag

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
"woooooah look at me, i'm floating around in microgravity and have a doctorate in astrophysics"

gently caress off! we all know space is a lie satan came up with to trick us. god bless and stay safe

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Harime Nui posted:

wrong bitch space exploration is literally the only news stuff that even gives me a halfie so shut it

What if they cured aids

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Parallax Scroll posted:

thanks mookfag
IRL, I would die for you

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

mookface posted:

What if they cured aids

that's not gonna get me loving Liara T'Soni irl now is it!!???

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im about to watch a few episodes of the planets. their whole first section about the glorious discovery of pluto was pretty depressing given that a few years ago the astronomical authority (whoever they are) determined that pluto was no longer a planet and blew it up.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Orkin Mang posted:

im about to watch a few episodes of the planets. their whole first section about the glorious discovery of pluto was pretty depressing given that a few years ago the astronomical authority (whoever they are) determined that pluto was no longer a planet and blew it up.

i heard it alien squatters who refused to leave that lead to that

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the gently caress is the planets

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Orkin Mang posted:

But the net gain of valuable plutonium cannot be denied

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Glasgow Kiss posted:

i heard it alien squatters who refused to leave that lead to that

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

the gently caress is the planets

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Planets_%28TV_miniseries%29

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

la razawell

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

¡ayyyy! lmao

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
la moon, is aluke like eh taco

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

la luna es muy bonita

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Parallax Scroll posted:

they dont want nasa to prove god isnt real

I read an article recently where Stephen Hawking said God isn't real.
He also said that because his voice thing has a somewhat american accent, he has better luck with the ladies.

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

a hole-y ghost posted:

viva la razawell

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

sounds aight, i like planets

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it owns u should watch it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Orkin Mang posted:

it owns u should watch it

I will now, in fact

jarvis cocker
Dec 16, 2007

by Lowtax

Orkin Mang posted:

la moon, is aluke like eh taco

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
There is no mention of rovers landing on Mars in The Bible. Therefore there are no rovers on Mars. Checkmate atheists.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Xaris posted:

because they can't assrape space.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Nah man, they gotta be bigger and working over time. See, I'm doing tons of poo poo I don't like for the next two years, school is a bitch and work is a bitch. But I'm doing it for the future. So too should nasa. Mine some fuckin 'stroids. Think big. People should suffer like I suffer. Thanks for reading.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
just give nasa all our social program money so they can solve all the worlds problems in about a decade.

Affe mk2
Mar 9, 2004

Chicks dig giant robots

TOILETLORD posted:

just give nasa all our social program money so they can solve all the worlds problems in about a decade.

we should give nasa the military's budget and the military nasa's budget and then get invaded like immediately

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Orkin Mang posted:

pluto had to be reclassified because scientists realized my balls would've been planets too and they want to keep things simple

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
until scientist actually make something useful out of their "science" it's safe to assume they are full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

TOILETLORD posted:

until scientist actually make something useful out of their "science" it's safe to assume they are full of poo poo.

The space program helped to indirectly invent KY jelly.

• Locked thread