Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

The Midniter posted:

Are you in the UK? If so, I'm guessing it's guessing your currency based on your region.

If you're not in the UK...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno.

But it's the same number. So they'd have to detect the local currency, but then just swap the $ for a £ and otherwise not convert the value. Triple wat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Safety Dance posted:

It's intensely lazy localization is what it is.

Software is ruining everything.

It's even worse than that. It's not geo-locating; it's taking the currency symbol from your browser's language settings. I tried to get a laff-worthy screenshot of ¥91,850 but it just showed up as ?91,850. Not as funny.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Powershift posted:

Can't you just hammer a potato into the right pipe?

And send it shooting into the sensor booth? Sounds like a plan.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

FullMetalJacket posted:

unfortunately this one won't burn the trooper's legs when he's writing your ticket.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

cursedshitbox posted:

while a beautiful piece of hardware, its on TVR levels of fuckery.

Well, I mean, it's an Italian Chrysler. A sure sign of quality!

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I don't think transmission problems in a Chrysler can be blamed on the Italians.

Now when all the electronics stop working and/or it catches on fire, then we can blame Italy. :v:

Well, the radio hasn't worked from day one, right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Beach Bum posted:

What the hell? I've never heard of this skip shift crap until now. 1-4? That's absurd.

If it helps the manufacturers sell more cool cars without getting dong-razzled by the EPA, I'm all for it. Even better if it can be turned off in software or with a resistor in place of the solenoid. I'd rather they do something like that than say "Welp, guess we have to only offer an automatic, the stick won't make EPA numbers."

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Yeah every Viper owner is like that, you made a wise decision. :rolleyes:

All the ones with intact cars are, because they fuss around with poo poo like that instead of driving the hell out of the car :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

any new Viper I want.

:getin:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

What's "normal wear and tear" on a Viper anyway?

You stopped doing donuts when the tires exploded, instead of continuing until you were running on the brake rotors.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KillHour posted:

To be fair, you'd have to be a moron to build a car like that with anything but a DCT.

For racing, yes. For being a blue collar sports car turned up to 11, no. But I guess that's what the Shelbys are for.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Chemmy posted:

Blue collar? Ford GT?

Moreso than Ferrari or Lamborghini or something. You can show up to the car show with a Ford and not offend all the good ole boys who will sneer at them i-tally-uns.

But, again, that's still closer to the GT500 than the GT. We don't even know how affordable (or not) it's going to be.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KillHour posted:

$400k.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/90019/new-ford-gt-supercar-storms-into-detroit

This isn't a car for the middle-aged millionaire-but-blue-collar ranch / farm / factory owner you see living in the middle of nowhere with a fuckton of land that would normally go for a top-tier 'Vette or Shelby.

This is supposed to compete with the Italians. They want to see movie stars and rappers get out of this thing.

Yikes. Yeah I was imagining it being a ZR1 competitor, moreso than an Aventador competitor. But I guess it's just a Le Mans homolgamation, right? Not like I'm ever going to see one on the road anyway. Too bad, I was hoping it would be in the ~$100-150k range so people like DV would buy them and I'd see them tearing around.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

iwentdoodie posted:

Even the old GT is rare as hens teeth. I've seen more Murcielagos and Aventadors than I've seen GTs on the highway.

No one drives those things. I was hoping it'd be priced around 150 though also, but mostly just to poo poo on the Italians.

I know, I've only seen them at car shows. I was just hoping that they were changing that. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I don't think I've ever seen ethanol free gas in the last 10 years. Google maps says there's one place in Redwood City, though. Ain't going that far out of my way for it.

• Locked thread