Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
If we're going to see boards like this for the next 3 months then In Garruk's Wake is going to become a playable sideboard card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That was just an incredibly watchable and exciting Magic match. Getting this weekend post-rotation every six months is going to be amazing, because this is the best.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Since I won through the lottery with my prize packs last night and got a foil Ashcloud Phoenix, I am hoping SCG shows Ashcloud Jeskai on camera all day and in the top 8. Please raise it up!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I collected all the lands in Theros and M14 but because planeswalkers cost so much and I haven't opened many fetches it would still cost me $140 to build Jadine's Jeskai Tempo just in 2 Chandra 2 Sarkhan 3 Stormbreath and 3 Flooded Strand, so I guess I'm sticking with straight White Weenie or Rabble Brimaz for Game Day. Maybe if I played more Standard than "mostly just Game Day."

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
There was one deck listed as "Control" in the top 50 (ie top 25 of NJ/IN) and it got 7th in NJ: R/W Control
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=73400

Interestingly, Anger was the main 4-of sweeper in the deck and the only copy of End Hostilities was a singleton in the sideboard.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
So Monastery Swiftspear got 9th in NJ Standard, 6th in Indy Modern, and 1st in NJ Legacy, all in week one. Pretty good.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I'm putting together Mono Red Aggro to play at TCG States this weekend and I see that Eidolon of the Great Revel is basically a 3-4 of in the board of every top placing version of the deck from last weekend.

Which of the currently extant Standard decks do you bring it in against? Jeskai Burn? Abzan? I mean I guess last weekend everyone had it just in case they came up against control decks, but is it safe to leave out so that I can put different cards in there since it's unlikely that I'll see a control deck this weekend?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Sickening posted:

How many of you use pucatrade? Is this going to be as cool as I want it to be?
You have to refresh it all day long because sending cards is first come, first served. But you will generally get a few hits a week on stuff from the most recent sets and it's also extremely easy to send stuff away on prerelease-release. I've been on it for 11 months and have sent 65, and I mostly acquire cards through just weekly drafts and prereleases.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
A lot of creative brews went the distance in the TCG Player States in New Mexico this weekend:

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Heavy Lobster posted:

So I'm kinda bummed about Jeskai taking off as much as it did - I had a U/W heroic/tempoish deck using only Theros block and M15 sitting around ready to update it for Khans, but a lot of the components have kind of taken off in price now that Jeskai is in the spotlight, and I'm looking for a new budget alternative.
I don't know about Temur, but what is causing problems with finishing out WU Heroic based on Khans? Tom Ross's list only has one rare from Khans in it, and it's Flooded Strand. Does yours expect to go longer so you need like Wingmate Roc or something? There are also a few varied lists from MTGO already listed here and I don't see anything in there too Khans-ish. The deck seems very good too, I went 2-1 with it yesterday at a small local event.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
A guy playing Sultai Delve cast Wealth on me for 4 earlier tonight on MODO, he got to take a Fabled Hero, Battlewise Hoplite, and put Aqueous Form on his Nemesis of Mortals.

Then I just put a Stratus Walk on my own Fabled Hero and killed him.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Hellsau posted:

So this is a legal pauper deck on MTGO right now. Good times.

What should happen: they hotfix before the dailies tomorrow.

What might happen: they let this crazy stuff go through.

What probably will happen: they cancel Pauper dailies until this bug gets fixed, and then never fix it because gently caress me for playing Pauper.
Maybe I'm blind, but how does the deck win? Draw your whole deck, make a million mana, then...attack with 4 Cloud of Faeries over 5 turns?

EDIT: That is, I see where the board cards come in because you rebuy Mind Sculpt over and over or whatever, but for game 1 do you just...hope they scoop?

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 10, 2014

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Cozz posted:

What card is this referring to? I can't find one called Nemesis Wave, and Genesis Wave only hits permanents.
Villainous Wealth.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Reid trolling on camera taking the Mind Rot over Rush of Battle when he has two Warrior lords.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Magic the Gathering Strategy Board Game, for when you want to experience the Magic brand but play something that is bound to be way, way worse.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Dezani drafts the best deck I've ever seen and loses 0-2, that's your Player of the Year folks.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Craig Wescoe makes a casual 11/11 for 2 mana just because when do you ever have a chance to do that. Didn't even need it to win that turn.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Commentary reveals that LSV's on Ascendancy Combo this weekend, awesome.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

bhsman posted:

Would someone be awesome and repost that UR counter burn deck from awhile back? TIA
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/13152

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

E: Have we found the next Nightveil Specter Memorial "dollar rare from the last block that skyrockets because of the new set's mechanics" yet?
Anger of the Gods and Doomwake Giant are both up a good amount, but they aren't like "5-10 times their previous block" prices yet.

Shout out to the guy on the MTG Salvation forums that started the W/U Heroic deck thread I'm currently posting in over there that just replied to one of my posts explaining he didn't understand until I explained it in the thread how the Ordeals work.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
And because of the IDs the top two are on 38 so if Owen wins, be actually becomes the 1 seed even with the horrible tiebreakers because he'll be on 39.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
In Non-Pro-Tour news, Tom Ross has been tweeting throughout the day from SCG States and it just culminated in "I'm Louisiana state champion!" His deck was "basically RabbleRed with Hordeling Outburst over Goblin Rabblemaster" which sounds super sweet to me considering my T4 in TCG States with Sligh.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

InterrupterJones posted:

The only list I'm interested in seeing is Tom Ross's Rabblemaster-less sligh deck, and exactly what he went up against.
Aren't any details of matches yet but the list is in the Brewhaus thread.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oh SCG has some of the States lists up, turns out Tom Ross got 7th in Mississippi on Saturday and 1st in Louisiana on Sunday. With two completely different decks. W/U Heroic and Hordeling Boss Sligh.

Also the person that won the WA States was running mono red and the guy that won in New Jersey was on a 17 Mountain list with all one drops and only 2 Rabblemasters and a Mountain in the sideboard.

Even though it was not really at the Pro Tour at all, this is still a deck to play and win with on Game Day.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah I was gonna post suggesting Sligh as well. If you practice with the deck you can at least get to like a 50% win rate in competitive play. Basic list, based on decks that literally won SCG State Championships this past weekend:

4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Firedrinker Satyr
4 Akroan Crusader
4 Satyr Hoplite
2 Frenzied Goblin

4 Hammerhand
4 Dragon Mantle
4 Coordinated Assault
4 Titan's Strength
4 Lightning Strike

18 Mountain

Sideboard:
1 Blinding Flare
2 Magma Spray
3 Searing Blood
2 Circle of Flame/Arc Lightning
2 Act of Treason
1 Mountain
3 Hordeling Outburst
1 Hall of Triumph

The non-budget upgrade is that you want Stoke the Flames in the list but those are over $4 each (for an uncommon!) right now, sadly.

EDIT: I optimized on TCG Player the 58 non-Mountain cards I listed there (including 2 each of Circle/Arc) and it came out to $19.66 shipped.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 14, 2014

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah it's Akroan Crusader, sorry about that.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I can't read SCG Premium to read Tom Ross's tournament reports but there was this gem in the comments under the article:

Still trying to decide if I want to take the Rabblemasters out of the deck for Game Day. A lot of advocacy for Mogis's Warhound in that spot. I guess I need to test more on MODO tonight and tomorrow.

PS if anyone wants to send one of those codes for free premium you get at the open to me via PM :)

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oh man looks like Big Knucks Kibler vs. Sligh in a win-and-in feature match. I also wasn't really following SCG this weekend but I see that Tom Ross's Sligh list in somebody else's hands got 2nd.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Both Sligh decks are on the same side of the bracket and won the quarterfinals, so that's a guaranteed 2nd place finish for Tom Ross's deck at both SCG and GPLA this weekend.

Will this deck start to show up more, or does the personality of the average Spike Magic player mean that people will naturally be resistant to running a $60 deck (50% Eidolons in SB, 25% Stoke, 25% every other card in the deck)?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chill la Chill posted:

I hope this is the case cuz I got another 20 rabble masters to trade. The player base and market has been saturated and I can't even move my coursers. :( hell, everyone's been opening Sarkhan and the stores here stopped buying him!
The Tom Ross list that got 2nd at SCG and is at least 1 of the 2 lists in this Top 4 doesn't run Rabblemaster. It has 2 Hordeling Outburst.
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=74741
I'm even considering just dumping my Rabblemasters at their height right now because they'll trade into something better like a pile of fetches, but I don't know.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Count Bleck posted:

I think my main beef with Pucatrade is that I don't know why nobody seems to be listed for wanting the cards everyone seems to be chasing right now.

Seriously, the only fetch I see with a list of wants is Bloodstained Mire, and none of them are in the united states. :argh:
Well it's first come, first served on sending and you can use an add on to refresh the page and notify you if you can send a card out. So for popular cards, people get the points to get the card and everyone with card sees it on the send list and someone clicks to send it within seconds.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Molybdenum posted:

Isn't the value of every card skimmed off the top via points?
I've seen this mentioned a few times in the thread and I'm not sure what it means. Like when I'm sending a card it'll say I earn 750 points but the person receiving the card will have to pay 770 points for it or something? I feel like I would have noticed that by now, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I thought it was Europe, Japan, and Vegas.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
"I have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't care." -Marshall Sutcliffe talking to Frank Lepore on commentary at this TCG thing.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Frank was making reference to Raksha Golden Cub vs. Rakshasa or something.

Now Frank had to do an ad for TCG's HeroClix events and Marshall said "I don't even know what that is." This is the best, Marshall is the best.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Madmarker posted:

I've never even tried to sit through the TCG player material, is he that bad?
Most of it is him picking a bad line, saying something that is delivered like a joke but isn't a joke, Melissa telling him a better line of play, and then him ignoring her and making his bad play anyway.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

GonSmithe posted:

So if you're not watching LSV's stream right now, you're missing this:

I didn't have any issues with 3 other Twitch streams today, is it just me or is LSV's actual Twitch stream coming in extremely low resolution? How is that screenshot so high res?

EDIT: Oh, duh. Thanks, sarmhan.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 25, 2014

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Count Bleck posted:

Does anybody have the current Subsligh decklist?

I need to get in the standard daily on mtgo RIGHT NOW!

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=74254

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
There's actually a list for the Legacy Soldier Stompy showing on Goldfish, which means it put up a 3-1 or 4-0 recently.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/legacy-soldier-stompy

Only costs $310 for Legacy deck in paper, and only $123 online. Not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Chamale posted:

That is really cool. I'm digging that the sideboard is basically 4 gently caress Yous to 4 different popular decks, that's keeping it nice and simple. And I like how hardcore the mana denial and Chalice plan is, with a good draw it looks like the opponent would never get to crack a fetch. I think a single Karakas belongs in the list instead of a Plains, but they're stupid expensive in paper so I can understand not doing that.
Yeah I'm excited that this looks like exactly the kind of deck I like to play and I optimized the cards I don't have in TCG and it's only $217 for me, mostly 4 Mox 4 Cavern 4 Tomb. I am legimately considering getting into Legacy with this. I love White Weenie in all formats.

• Locked thread