Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'd gladly sign something that says I don't have to pay health insurance premiums, and then when I turn 70 you can kill me.

Saves the insurance companies hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep my old crippled rear end alive, saves me money when I can actually use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Agrajag posted:

it's a wonder they dont charge per flush in hospitals in the states.

My last hospital stay I was in for 2 nights, and they asked if I was on any daily medications. I was on a generic thyroid medication that I had a full bottle of at home, and it cost me $10 for a 90-day supply.

The cost of 2 of the same pills during my hospital stay? $50/each.

So have someone go get your meds from home if you're ever in the same situation.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HEY VAPER posted:

I don't know about everyone else here, but since Obamacare my health insurance has gone above 30% of my gross salary, my coverage has gotten worse, and my copays went from $0/$10 dental to hundreds of dollars. Group Death is the only thing I can afford now.

If you're talking about your premiums through a work plan going up, that would qualify you for an Obamacare plan on the exchange. Employer plans can't exceed more than 9% of your salary.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

HEY VAPER posted:

For a family or individual?

Individual - the family plans are hosed

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SpeedGem posted:

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/11/21/medical-science-has-data-problem-284066.html

You should read this, it's long and stuff though, it's hard to read.

quote:

That Japanese girl, whose case was detailed in an FDA report, did not kill herself. But at least 70 people have died, many of them by suicide, after Tamiflu-induced episodes. The deaths were almost surreal: A 14-year-old who took Tamiflu jumped off a balcony, and a 17-year-old on the drug ran in front of a truck. Scientists documented other cases of “psychopathic events,” including a South Korean girl who temporarily developed bipolar disorder and an 8-year-old Japanese boy who wouldn’t answer to his name and began to growl.

:lol:

• Locked thread