Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

rear end Catchcum posted:

Hey! I just back into magic after a 2 year or so break. I want to make b/g elves or b/g/w rally elves to just have fun with but still be mildly competitive (fnm at most).

I can't seem to find just a b/g elves standard deck. Any help with that?

Also, this is what I have now. Any help would be much appreciated.
:elves:

I'm not sure the rally package is going to work often enough to lose those slots for elves. I would run elves instead of Liliana, Wayfinder, and Rally. Cards to consider: Gnarlroot Trapper - This guy does a lot. The deathtouch effect is really useful. Gilt-Leaf Winnower - An elf that kills things. Obleesk of Urd & Dwynen - Lords are good. Sylvan Messenger - Draw more elves!

Here's the list I ran at SCG Chicago. I went 0-3. However in testing the deck was really good, especially against random nonsense that shows up.

http://deckstats.net/decks/1946/279533-standard-combo-elves/en

I don't think you can ever beat GR Devotion, btw; so if your local meta is a lot of that, maybe abzan aggro, or just abzan rally instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Chamale posted:

I've always wanted to build a casual Bushi Tenderfoot deck, and I finally realized that I can use green fight effects like Dromoka's Command to easily flip him if my opponent plays a creature that's 1/2 or smaller. I figure I'll have about 12 fight spells, but I'll not always have Bushi Tenderfoot so I should find other white, green, or colourless creatures that like to take damage and deal damage. Any suggestions? I'm thinking, for starters, I want Hornet's Nest and Protean Hydra. Also, please suggest alternative ideas for easily flipping Bushi Tenderfoot.

Can't recall the name of them off the top of my head, but I think there were a few creatures around 8th ed or so that got +1/+1 counters when they were dealt damage. In green, too!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Chamale posted:

I've always wanted to build a casual Bushi Tenderfoot deck, and I finally realized that I can use green fight effects like Dromoka's Command to easily flip him if my opponent plays a creature that's 1/2 or smaller. I figure I'll have about 12 fight spells, but I'll not always have Bushi Tenderfoot so I should find other white, green, or colourless creatures that like to take damage and deal damage. Any suggestions? I'm thinking, for starters, I want Hornet's Nest and Protean Hydra. Also, please suggest alternative ideas for easily flipping Bushi Tenderfoot.

Wouldn't fight effects mostly kill him unless he's already buffed? You need spells that deal damage to creatures equal to their power.

Epic Confrontation
Electropotence
Fall of the Hammer
Sinstriker's Will
Soul's Fire
Flesh//Blood

For other creatures, just make a RW Stuffy Doll/Spitemare/Boros Reckoner deck.

Deck: Modern Stuffy Doll Combo

//Main
4 Stuffy Doll
4 Spitemare
4 Boros Reckoner
4 Volcano Hellion
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Lightning Helix
4 Path to Exile
4 Blasphemous Act
2 Seismic Rupture
2 Pit Fight
4 Arid Mesa
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Clifftop Retreat
8 Mountain
4 Plains

Display deck statistics

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 27, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

TenjouUtena posted:

I'm not sure the rally package is going to work often enough to lose those slots for elves. I would run elves instead of Liliana, Wayfinder, and Rally. Cards to consider: Gnarlroot Trapper - This guy does a lot. The deathtouch effect is really useful. Gilt-Leaf Winnower - An elf that kills things. Obleesk of Urd & Dwynen - Lords are good. Sylvan Messenger - Draw more elves!

Here's the list I ran at SCG Chicago. I went 0-3. However in testing the deck was really good, especially against random nonsense that shows up.

http://deckstats.net/decks/1946/279533-standard-combo-elves/en

I don't think you can ever beat GR Devotion, btw; so if your local meta is a lot of that, maybe abzan aggro, or just abzan rally instead.

Thanks a lot! Will try out your suggestions as well as my original deck.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Man_alive posted:

Can't recall the name of them off the top of my head, but I think there were a few creatures around 8th ed or so that got +1/+1 counters when they were dealt damage. In green, too!

That was enough info for me to find Phytohydra, thanks!

GoutPatrol posted:

Wouldn't fight effects mostly kill him unless he's already buffed? You need spells that deal damage to creatures equal to their power.

I'm planning to use Dromoka's Charm, Epic Confrontation, and possibly Savage Punch if I can put enough 4-power creatures in the deck. The deck you suggested is pretty cool, but it's no longer a Bushi Tenderfoot deck.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

No love for Anger of the Gods here?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

2 damage is the sweet spot where it can kill weiners (elves, most burn creatures, affinity) while leaving your creatures alive. I'll probably switch to Pyroclasm or Volvanic Fallout actually, they'll work just as good. If I need to kill big dudes, that's what the Act is for.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, does anyone remember that jank Jeskai Legends deck I built a couple sets ago revolving around abusing Hero's Blade? Well, I thought about revisiting the concept now that we have a bunch of weenie legendaries to work with. And now we don't have to go 3-color to get a decent creature base. A rough sketch would look like this:

4 Kytheon
3 Zurgo, Bell Striker
3 Anafenza, Ghost Waifu
3 Brimaz
2 Chandra
1 Alesha
2 Pia and Kiran
4 Abbot of Keral Keep

4 Exquisite Firecraft
4 Wild Slash
4 Chained to the Rocks
4 Hero's Blade

4 Temple of Triumph
4 Battlefield Forge
7 Plains
7 Mountain

Thoughts?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-08-15-QGv-green-ramp/

This is a casual deck. I am looking for specific advice, namely: what cards should I cut for Nylea, her Bow, and a chord of calling?

Can I afford to cut forests?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

So, does anyone remember that jank Jeskai Legends deck I built a couple sets ago revolving around abusing Hero's Blade? Well, I thought about revisiting the concept now that we have a bunch of weenie legendaries to work with. And now we don't have to go 3-color to get a decent creature base. A rough sketch would look like this:

Thoughts?

We were talking about this nto too long ago and I came up with a janky version designed to do a bunch of damage at once:

Deck: Jeskai Legendary "Combo"

//Lands
4 Battlefield Forge
4 Flooded Strand
2 Island
4 Mountain
3 Mystic Monastery
2 Plains
4 Shivan Reef

//Spells
4 Anticipate
4 Hero's Blade
4 Jeskai Ascendancy
4 Temur Battle Rage
4 Wild Slash

//Creatures
3 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
4 Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Kytheon, Hero of Akros
2 Relic Seeker

Display deck statistics

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
Hello MTG brewhaus, is it possible to make a sweet, semi competitive, modern deck with 4x Mystic Snake and 4xCoiling oracles? They are some of my favorite cards. tia

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Someone did go 3-2 with those 8 cards a few months back, maybe start there? http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/302013

GlennFinito
Oct 15, 2013
^Thanks! exactly what I was looking for!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I've just been testing BW Warriors on MTGO. Not being in a proper competition yet but it seems to be getting there. It's fairly different from FMcLD's since it takes more white guys to empower Battle Brawler.

2 Dragon Hunter
4 Mardu Woe-reaper
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
4 Battle Brawler
4 Blood-chin Rager
4 Chief of the Edge
2 Arashin Foremost
2 Mardu Strike Leader
3 Brutal Hordechief

2 Banishing Light
2 Bile Blight
3 Hero's Downfall

1 Sorin, Solemn Visitor

4 Caves of Koilos
4 Temple of Silence
6 Plains
9 Swamp

Sideboard:
2 Hallowed Moonlight
2 Valorous Stance
2 Fate Forgotten
3 Thoughtseize
2 Self-inflicted Wound
2 Ultimate Price
2 Utter End

Has to be said I won a few from people apparently forgetting they don't need to double-block after they kill Blood-chin Rager..

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

TenjouUtena posted:

We were talking about this nto too long ago and I came up with a janky version designed to do a bunch of damage at once:

Deck: Jeskai Legendary "Combo"
I've been tooling around with this idea a bit more and here's what I threw together: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-superfriends-4/

The mana seems a lot smoother with the new duals + fetches, but I'm wondering if I should cut 1 land for rogue's passage to get a relic hunter through? Might be kinda win-more. Gideon & Chandra work really well together when I don't draw a red spell to untap her, and Nissa getting a land +4/4 legendary out is really solid.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Been looking at throwing together Modern Goblins. After reading up on goblin staples, it kind of feels like the deck almost builds itself, but since there are so few lists out there to look at I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not. How's this list look?

Deck: Modern Goblins

Creatures
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Guide
4 Legion Loyalist
3 Goblin Piledriver
4 Mogg War Marshal
3 Goblin Chieftain

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Atarka's Command
2 Dragon Fodder
2 Krenko's Command

Lands
4 Bloodstained Mire
1 Contested War Zone
6 Mountain
3 Stomping Ground
4 Wooded Foothills

//Sideboard
2 Frenzied Goblin
2 Guttural Response
2 Relic of Progenitus
3 Rending Volley
3 Destructive Revelry
3 Blood Moon

Display deck statistics

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If you're gonna run blood moons you should have a single basic forest to fetch. Unless your plan is to always side out your green spells for them.

You probably want 4 Piledrivers. I'd probably cut a War Marshall for one.

The extra off-color fetches aren't doing much if you have no cards like Grim Lavamancer or Become Immense that are using the graveyard as a resource. You might consider Copperline Gorge instead of Bloodstained Mire.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Entropic posted:

If you're gonna run blood moons you should have a single basic forest to fetch. Unless your plan is to always side out your green spells for them.

You probably want 4 Piledrivers. I'd probably cut a War Marshall for one.

The extra off-color fetches aren't doing much if you have no cards like Grim Lavamancer or Become Immense that are using the graveyard as a resource. You might consider Copperline Gorge instead of Bloodstained Mire.

I'll go ahead and toss in the one basic forest. I was thinking about copperline gorge, so I'll go ahead and make do drop the bloodstain mires for a forest and three gorges.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I wanted to try to give Purphoros (and Tymaret, but that didn't work out) one last hurrah before the end of their run in standard, and ended up brewing up this monstrosity that got me third place at FNM last week:

ROUGH LIST BECAUSE I'M GOING OFF MEMORY
Deck: Stupid Red Based ETB damage

//Lands
4 Battlefield Forge
8 Mountain
6 Plains
3 Temple of Triumph
4 Wind-Scarred Crag

//Spells
4 Dragon Fodder
4 Hordeling Outburst
4 Impact Tremors
4 Lightning Strike
3 Outpost Siege
2 Raise the Alarm
4 Wild Slash

//Creatures
4 Goblin Rabblemaster
2 Purphoros, God of the Forge
2 Seeker of the Way
2 Soulfire Grand Master

Display deck statistics

Close loss to BR dragons, wins against stuff I don't even remember. My sideboard at that point wasn't even really done, it was a bunch of dragons, a crux, some erases, and a couple roasts. I had One minute to redo a sideboard, sue me.

I'm actually thinking this might work better as a R/B setup, possibly transformative to R/B Dragons. And yes, there should be Hangarback Walkers in there.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mef989 posted:

Been looking at throwing together Modern Goblins. After reading up on goblin staples, it kind of feels like the deck almost builds itself, but since there are so few lists out there to look at I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not. How's this list look?

Deck: Modern Goblins

I like it, it's pretty close to what I was/am running, I haven't really updated the list since DTK but I generally like the green splash for Atkara's. If I had the lands for it I would give it a try, but the way I have my list set up now it's a little more like an old-school Sligh deck, which has worked out well enough so far.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I recently started playing Magic and I wanted to make a deck that incorporated the Graveyard so I tried making an Alesha deck. The coolest combo is Alesha + Priest of the Blood Rite, but most games I've won with just early creatures and beating them down.

Deck: RB Alesha

//Lands
3 Bloodfell Caves
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Mountain
1 Rogue's Passage
10 Swamp

//Spells
1 Bile Blight
1 Despise
1 Duress
2 Murderous Cut
1 Self-Inflicted Wound
4 Tormenting Voice
2 Ultimate Price

//Creatures
4 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death
1 Blazing Hellhound
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
3 Grim Haruspex
3 Mardu Skullhunter
4 Nantuko Husk
3 Priest of the Blood Rite
3 Sibsig Icebreakers
1 Sidisi, Undead Vizier

Display deck statistics

Will gladly accept any advice.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Self-Inflicted Wound should not be in your maindeck. Roast or Lightning Strike would make good replacements.

Mogi's Marauders would be a good card to add, attack with Alesha and Nantuko Husk, bring back the Marauders to make them both unblockable, sac the marauders to husk then do it again next turn. Even without that combo you can just hard cast it to push a ton of damage through. Abbot of Keral Keep and Liliana would be some other fun targets.

Sibsig Icebreakers seems really bad. The only broken thing you can do with it is cheat Priest of the Blood rite into play, but even then you're spending a ton of time and mana to get it back. Aside from that combo it's just an awful body for the mana cost, especially when your 3 mana slot is already so crowded. I haven't seen the deck in action though, so maybe you're getting a lot of value from bringing it back with Alesha.

Extra copies of Duress would be good to protect Alesha and to stop sweepers from wiping out your board.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 12, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I'm building a handful of decks, and could use some advice from the experience.
Four questions.
A) I'm running a red/white angel edh deck with a primary theme of making GBS threads out angel tokens, and a secondary theme of resurrection. I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with that, but for now it works. I'm wondering if there's anything outside the obvious I could use as counterspells or at the very least cheap, effective creature removal besides Wrath of God and whatnot.

B) A white soldier and a white cleric pair of decks. Both are legacy, and feature cards from Revised to Origins. Despite low cost creatures and plenty of mana sources, I'm having trouble consistently drawing lands. Besides Land Tax and Gift of Estates, anything that can help assure I'll get what I need to cast what I have?

C) Pulled Phage the Untouchable from a Conspiracy pack. It's stupid and I love it. Any suggestions, beyond the obvious cheap blockers and make unblockable? I don't expect it to be a good deck, but I wanna have fun with it.

D) finally, any advice for someone still new to everything, both in building normal decks and building prerelease decks? I should add I'm hitting up a pair of prereleases for BfZ, and advice for a newbie is appreciated.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

You're gonna want Torpor Orb for phage. Otherwise you'll lose the game when you cast her.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

You're gonna want Torpor Orb for phage. Otherwise you'll lose the game when you cast her.

Uh, it's legacy, not edh. My bad. Unrelated, I'm tearing apart my Angel deck l, and while keeping it angel heavy I'm going to remove most the resurrection, and high cost low usefulness angels and rebuild it as a front line boros battalion. Tons of fast hitting bastards, lots of effects, and it'll poo poo out soldier and angel tokens like there's no tomorrow. Plus it'll have a few cards to nuke my friends Saprolings. I'll lose most of my shiny foil Plains, but I'll gain a utility red/white deck.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Kilo147 posted:

building prerelease decks? I should add I'm hitting up a pair of prereleases for BfZ, and advice for a newbie is appreciated.

There's a ton of articles on the internet about how to prerelease / sealed deck, though here's a few things:
  • LSV usually the week before prerelease writes a series of articles evaluating all the cards from a limited perspective on the ChannelFireball site. These are useful to look at the cards and know what is best.
  • Limited Resources also does a podcast where they go through all the cards, but it's like 5 hours or something, and they sometimes end up droning about the worst cards. Still a good listen.
  • Removal is at a premium, so that lovely 5 mana kill spell you wouldn't touch in constructed is usually playable in limited.
  • Try and play your rares if they are good. In particular Planeswalkers are usually awesome no matter what.
  • If you end up opening trash; or are lost; it's surprising how effective just mashing your two most aggressive colors together along with a handful of combat tricks can be.
  • Play 17 lands and 40 cards. If you go to 41 cards play 18 lands.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I really hope with these big fat Eldrazi there will be a home for a Deflecting Palm / Burn build that's feasible once BFZ is completely spoiled.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I really hope with these big fat Eldrazi there will be a home for a Deflecting Palm / Burn build that's feasible once BFZ is completely spoiled.
I am mainboarding Negate just in case this is a thing what happens. Getting a 10 damage punch in the mouth for 2 mana against a RW deck is not a thing I want happening.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
So this week my Monday night playgroup has an odd format choice. We are doing build your own draft. Basically pick any set and build a 40 card deck with not more than 3 rares (1 of a kind) and 9 uncommons (no more than 2 of a kind).

I'm looking for a good set to build a competitive deck out of, at the moment I'm thinking UB faeries in Lorwyn at a friend's recommendation but I need to familiarize myself a bit with what the best commons and uncommons would be for synergy

I should probably mention, the person whose house we play at has binders of every set going back to the beginning. Almost every binder has full playsets of every card.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
How many copies of a common?
I'd find commons that are abusable in multiples first, then work backwards.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

End of Life Guy posted:

How many copies of a common?
I'd find commons that are abusable in multiples first, then work backwards.

believe we can do 4-of for commons.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

little munchkin posted:

Self-Inflicted Wound should not be in your maindeck. Roast or Lightning Strike would make good replacements.

Mogi's Marauders would be a good card to add, attack with Alesha and Nantuko Husk, bring back the Marauders to make them both unblockable, sac the marauders to husk then do it again next turn. Even without that combo you can just hard cast it to push a ton of damage through. Abbot of Keral Keep and Liliana would be some other fun targets.

Sibsig Icebreakers seems really bad. The only broken thing you can do with it is cheat Priest of the Blood rite into play, but even then you're spending a ton of time and mana to get it back. Aside from that combo it's just an awful body for the mana cost, especially when your 3 mana slot is already so crowded. I haven't seen the deck in action though, so maybe you're getting a lot of value from bringing it back with Alesha.

Extra copies of Duress would be good to protect Alesha and to stop sweepers from wiping out your board.

Thanks for the help. You're right that Sibsig isn't the best card and your suggestions of Abbot, Lilliana, and Mogis' seem good. I'll try to make the deck less about cheating the Priest in and focus on stronger creatures. Still waiting to see what new tools I'll get in Zendikar.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

MMD3 posted:

So this week my Monday night playgroup has an odd format choice. We are doing build your own draft. Basically pick any set and build a 40 card deck with not more than 3 rares (1 of a kind) and 9 uncommons (no more than 2 of a kind).

I'm looking for a good set to build a competitive deck out of, at the moment I'm thinking UB faeries in Lorwyn at a friend's recommendation but I need to familiarize myself a bit with what the best commons and uncommons would be for synergy

I should probably mention, the person whose house we play at has binders of every set going back to the beginning. Almost every binder has full playsets of every card.

The answer, as usual, is affinity.

4 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers
1 Glimmervoid
4 Great Furnace
3 Tree of Tales

4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Disciple of the Vault
2 Atog
2 Myr Retriever
4 Frogmite
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Thoughtcast

You don't even need rare spells for this to work.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Chamale posted:

The answer, as usual, is affinity.

4 Seat of the Synod
4 Vault of Whispers
1 Glimmervoid
4 Great Furnace
3 Tree of Tales

4 Chromatic Sphere
4 Disciple of the Vault
2 Atog
2 Myr Retriever
4 Frogmite
4 Myr Enforcer
4 Thoughtcast

You don't even need rare spells for this to work.

wow, so these are all mirrodin and just the one rare?

I've never actually had a chance to play affinity although I've gone up against it plenty so this could be fun

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Very much a first draft, but I think this has potential as a competitive archtype:

Deck: Mardu Vampires

//Main
4 Bloodsoaked Champion
4 Nantuko Husk
4 Zulaport Cutthroat
4 Hangarback Walker
3 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
3 Butcher of the Horde
3 Smothering Abomination
4 Bone Splinters
4 Crackling Doom
3 Liliana, Heretical Healer
4 Nomad Outpost
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Caves of Koilos
2 Smoldering Marsh
1 Mountain
2 Plains
1 Foundry of the Consuls
1 Shambling Vent
5 Swamp

Display deck statistics

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Hi fellow Zulaport Cutthroat brewing friend! I have also been trying to brew around this blood artist clone. I call it Rally the Ally, but if someone wants to make a more wittier name, that's fine by me.

Deck: Rally the Ally!

//Lands
4 Ally Encampment
2 Canopy Vista
1 Forest
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Plains
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Windswept Heath

//Spells
3 Collected Company
2 Evolutionary Leap
4 Rally the Ancestors

//Creatures
4 Beastcaller Savant
2 Deathmist Raptor
3 Den Protector
4 Elvish Visionary
3 Fleshbag Marauder
4 Kalastria Healer
2 Lantern Scout
4 Liliana, Heretical Healer
3 Nantuko Husk
4 Shaman of the Pack
4 Veteran Warleader
4 Zulaport Cutthroat

Display deck statistics

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Not sold on Bone Splinters, a bit of a risk of it being a dead card. Would like to mention Grim Haruspex and another guy with a trigger, and Bloodsoaked champion can be sacrificed and return by itself. I think it might be worth looking at Exploit again too.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Samael posted:

Hi fellow Zulaport Cutthroat brewing friend! I have also been trying to brew around this blood artist clone. I call it Rally the Ally, but if someone wants to make a more wittier name, that's fine by me.

Deck: Rally the Ally!

//Lands
4 Ally Encampment
2 Canopy Vista
1 Forest
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Plains
4 Sandsteppe Citadel
3 Windswept Heath

//Spells
3 Collected Company
2 Evolutionary Leap
4 Rally the Ancestors

//Creatures
4 Beastcaller Savant
2 Deathmist Raptor
3 Den Protector
4 Elvish Visionary
3 Fleshbag Marauder
4 Kalastria Healer
2 Lantern Scout
4 Liliana, Heretical Healer
3 Nantuko Husk
4 Shaman of the Pack
4 Veteran Warleader
4 Zulaport Cutthroat

Display deck statistics

Rally decks will probably want to be U in order to fit in Jace. Not only is he insane value with Rally mid-/late-game, but without Satyr Wayfinder to dump your deck, you're hurting for quality ways to put creatures in the grave. The next best things seem to be Screeching Scab and Gather the Pack.

Yergie
Jan 22, 2007
I had this idea for a Landfall, but I'm not quite sure I need the blue. Swell of Growth is better when I have the lands, Sylvan Scrying is better when I need the trigger.

Deck: Temur Landfall

//creatures
4 Scythe Leopard
4 Snapping Gnarlid
4 Makindi Sliderunner
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Abbot of Keral Keep

//spells
4 Atarka's Command
4 Wild Slash
4 Anticipate
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Treasure Cruise

//lands
4 Wooded Foothills
3 Windswept Heath
3 Cinder Glade
2 Skyline Cascade
1 Frontier Bivouac
2 Yavimaya Coast
2 Mountain
2 Forest
1 Island

Display deck statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Titan's Strength is half the cost, lets you scry, and will deal more damage than Sylvan Scrying 99% of the time.

And yea the blue does nothing but trigger prowess. The card selection from anticipate is pointless because everyone in your deck does the same thing.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 20, 2015

• Locked thread