Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

And there were no severe consequences? What the gently caress? How did that work? Wouldn't that have hosed the tides and all sorts of other things? Explain it to me goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

It gets wished back by dragon balls so don't sweat it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
thee moon is the enemy of humanity. it is responsible for:

-lycanthropy
-madness
-periods
-the tides

the apollo missions were launched so we might better understand our ancient enemy. if piccolo blew it up what he did was good

stay safe dragonball gost

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Len posted:

And there were no severe consequences? What the gently caress? How did that work?

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Len posted:

And there were no severe consequences? What the gently caress? How did that work? Wouldn't that have hosed the tides and all sorts of other things? Explain it to me goons!

kami can just restore it whenever

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

he does it in dragon ball after permanently severing goku's tail

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that one dude goku put up there in dragonball totally died though

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
[quote="Len" post="435537367"]

women become rational beings, start making sound decisions based on logic

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

oh. well i guess Piccolo isn't really going to be as useful against the saiyans when they come soon. i'm only on episode 8 though so i don't know what's going to happen

that goku guy went out like a bitch though. i don't know why gbs loves him so much.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

SPACE HOMOS posted:

sweaty dragon balls, buy now exclusive only at baddragon.com

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Len posted:

oh. well i guess Piccolo isn't really going to be as useful against the saiyans when they come soon. i'm only on episode 8 though so i don't know what's going to happen

that goku guy went out like a bitch though. i don't know why gbs loves him so much.

piccolo is the antichrist. he was released after a catastrophic incident involving a pressure cooker. once he is reintegrated w/ kamisama, he becomes good. mister satan is introduced to fill the void, and comic relief is restored.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

master roshi already blew it up years ago. this is nothing new

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

that one dude goku put up there in dragonball totally died though

he died a decade before piccolo blew it up when roshi blew it up

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Parallax Scroll posted:

master roshi already blew it up years ago. this is nothing new

i wish master roshi posted in gbs...

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

he died a decade before piccolo blew it up when roshi blew it up

I vaguely remembered that but wasn't sure

the moon gets exploded a lot

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

im on like episode five of this little kid walking through the woods. I thought this show was about fighting? where are the fights gbs?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Len posted:

im on like episode five of this little kid walking through the woods. I thought this show was about fighting? where are the fights gbs?

watch dbz kai if you want to skip the dumb parts

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the voice acting is different though

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Don't skip the dumb parts.

Goten and Trunks being born without tails absolutely enrages me im very mad

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

the voice acting is different though

better imo

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

watch dbz abridged to skip all the boring poo poo and have mostly humorous dialogue instead of goofy overwrought anime poo poo

plus their voice acting gets consistently better until it's almost indistinguishable from when it was on toonami

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

better for some, worse for others I think.

eh not worse I guess just... different. If it's the first time a person is watching it I guess it wouldn't matter.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

eh not worse I guess just... different. If it's the first time a person is watching it I guess it wouldn't matter.

most of the characters in kai tone down the exaggerated cartoon voices and just sound like regular people. i think it's mainly because the actors actually have some experience by then

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
kai doesn't have the baller soundtrack of the funimation dub tho

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

does kai have rock the dragon? because that's a deal breaker.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

I watched it religiously when I was a kid and turn Kai on occasionally if I want some dumb entertainment

kai is better and its crazy to think otherwise when there was poo poo like this all the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZq3An7Tf_w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68i7ray2Qo

original dub was poo poo, minus the music

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the actual kai soundtrack was pretty good but thats because it was 100% plagarized

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TheIllestVillain posted:

kai doesn't have the baller soundtrack of the funimation dub tho

true

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Does Kai have perfect cells music? If not gently caress em.

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

the culminator posted:

Don't skip the dumb parts.

Goten and Trunks being born without tails absolutely enrages me im very mad

That just shows you how little DBZ's creator cared about his work since he was forced to keep it going just so his publisher could keep making money

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Feranon posted:

watch dbz abridged to skip all the boring poo poo and have mostly humorous dialogue instead of goofy overwrought anime poo poo

plus their voice acting gets consistently better until it's almost indistinguishable from when it was on toonami

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
That's not even the first time the moon has blown up. Don't worry, it'll get better.

Also the new DBZ Abridged ep loving rules go watch it right now. loving do it. Even if you think you don't like DBZ. Go do it idiot. Here's the link loving click it: http://teamfourstar.com/video/tfs-abridged-parody-episode-44/

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

do they ever say how the moon comes back the second time? i think it's just there later

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

episode 16 now and this Goku guy is still just loving around being dead. Vegeta looks like he has his poo poo together though and I really want him to come back since that episode he helped murder a planet. dude knows what's up.

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

thee moon is the enemy of humanity. it is responsible for:

-lycanthropy
-madness
-periods
-the tides

only the first one is real

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Parallax Scroll posted:

do they ever say how the moon comes back the second time? i think it's just there later

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

kami can just restore it whenever

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
there are more crimes during a full moon because people can see at night, full moon madness dates back to where a full moon meant it was easier for you to be eaten by something because they could see better than you.

Nebulon Gate
Feb 23, 2013
If Kai had the Bruce Faulconer original soundtrack it would own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Parallax Scroll posted:

Vegeta has this fake moon thing that he uses so he can go into super-ape mode when fighting Goku. Maybe it's that thing. Maybe the DBZ people just didn't care enough about continuity.

Leaning towards the latter.

• Locked thread